New forum went live May 8th - (Finally Tapatalk will no longer be needed.) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New forum went live May 8th - (Finally Tapatalk will no longer be needed.)

Getting the "requested page could not be found error" on the somewhat outdated Firefox 48.0.2 but not the way outdated Safari 6.1.6 browser (both on Mac).

Ok everyone, the time is now. Starting tonight Henrik, our beloved leader, will be switching the forum from the old format (vBulletin) to the new format (Xenforo). The forum will still be online but some posts will be lost (which I think is better than to shut it down for 8 hours). The new site is much more mobile friendly which will make viewing the site on phones and tablets much better. And it will offer social media style notifications.

Here's to a better FinHeaven. Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE:
Henrik says:
The new forum has been installed. The template that @Wildbill3 has worked on will be installed in the AM. It will look MUCH better. Promise!

The chat has also been installed but also needs some color tweaking.

The front page is temporarily offline as we are working on getting the forum setup and properly configured. It will be back in the next week or two.

Think I'll like it, but I already miss the lines separating posts. I'm an old guy and maybe It'll take longer to get used to it. I DO like the new look.

Seem to be working well on the PC....just had to sign in.

The five font seems more like it should be the standard over the default what apppears to be about a 4.5.

Overall the forum looks cleaner but I'll have to get used to the smaller font and light pink separation line between posts. Thanks for the hard work.

Works well on mobile, but I had gotten used to Tapatalk. Looks like it no longer works in Tapatalk. I guess I can delete Tapatalk now so that's a plus

definitely going to take time to get used to. So If I follow someone, If they post something I will get notified??

Good mobile experience so far, but is anyone else having issues with logging into Tapatalk?

Yes, everyone should have Tapatalk issues.
Tapatalk was a band aid to get some mobile functionality to the old forum software. With all the new mobile features with the new software Tapatalk is no longer needed. :)

Yes, Sir!

I love how easy it is to post now. Notified on a finheaven app? or in the website when I open it? Also, how do you search for peoples posts? I like to search recent posts by certain members. thank you!

Back
Top Bottom