New Free Agent | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New Free Agent

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Club Member
Reaction score
I am announcing a new FA aquisition this off season...me!

Well, more or less. Let me explain.

For the last couple of months and at times over the last year I have taken a lot of heat. I mean a LOT of heat! from many members here. Some deseerved but plenty not. Primarily because I am very active in positng my disagreement with many of the posts here that claim we are doing these great things that we are not doing. I call it like I see it. This has gone on and frankly it is gotten to the point to where I don't enjoy this forum half as much as I use to. The sad thing is that I have made some good friends here. Starting with AJ who I have had the pleasure of attending a game with, to Michelle, to Oliver and several more that I went to games with this past year. The thing is I am not a negative person. I am a fun loving, happy, Fin Finatic. I think these people who have actually met me can vouch for me.

Anyway the main reason I appear to be SO negative is because I post frequently here, and there are SO many posts touting our achievements I found myself responding to all of them. Of course then this becomes a large volume of posts on the unpopular side.

So I have decided to lay down my sword, and be a FA aquisition for the hopeful Miami fans. Now understand I do not feel differently about what we have done, and about what our problems still are or how I feel it will turn out. I am real and that will never change. However, I have decided to accept our path as the one we are on and to explore the areas of opportunity out there. I will not respond in the same fashion or frequency as before but will not lie or BS. If a thread is discussing an opinion on something I will state my honest position in a less threatning and be more brief.

I have been a member here for quite some time. I feel I have written some good stuff for the site, and I have been an avid supporter. I am hoping that this will allow me to enjoy this all as much as I did and hopefully it will allow many of you to enjoy what I bring from a knowledge and passion standpoint. I am passionate about the team and that truly is the driving force behind my harsh criticism as I want more for them and for us. I see some realities that are just indisputable. But I will leave them where they are now...back in the 2003 season.

So ladies and gentlemen, now starting for the finheaven.com team at the position of writer, friend. and hopefully better received premium member...FIN-ATIC!

Thats a shame. Although I find myself disagreeing with a large portion of your posts, I do enjoy reading them. It gets tiring reading the same stuff over and over again. You bring a different view to the table, which is appreciated more than you probably realize. I apologize on behalf of anyone who may have lashed out at you for your opinion. I hope you reconsider......

Hey...I agree w/ Baz37...I LIKE the ol' FIN-ATIC. Your posts are challenging, not negative. If you change now then it would be like losing JT to the jets or something....You are like the neutralizing force of 50 over optimistic fans (me included). This board needs you just the way you are. If you change then you will be just riding the pine and not in the game....:lol:

That's great Fin-atic, but... YOU failed both the drug test and physical. Sorry. :(

The deal is off. Go back to your dark place...

;)

Hey Fin-atic, don't change for the purpose of pleasing others...

You have to please your self as well...

We also need to balance our little optomism... :)

You know that ole saying, "the good of the one outways the good of the many." ;)

Fin-atic: There's a difference between being realistic and pessimistic. Personally, I think you're closer to pessimistic than realistic. However, I don't think you should change your writing style for the sake of being accepted. Just be yourself. Sometimes it's better to read your views than all these homers who think we're going 14-2 or 13-3 this year.

yes it's hard to differ on some of our guys veiw. I've been call condesending for some of my comments. But like you, some times when you call it as you see it..some people will automatically take personally, as an attack on their judgement and it's not that at all, just a different point of view. I like everyone here, love reading their posts, just don't agree with them all the time..I still think our OL suck, and will continue to think that until I see something to change my mind. As of right now, if you post our OL needs improvement, I will be on your bandwagon, as if we haven't had enough of them..LOL Bottom line, be true to yourself.

I appreciate the positive input from you guys. I will see how the response goes to this post. My preference is to be myslef and lay it on the line. But man I have had some blind sided rather ugly attacks about it. I agree with the comment that most of them don't realize I am not angry when I disagree nor is it anything personal. I am just giving good old fashioned debate. But I have been labeled as a whiner and pessimist and I am afraid that my points are missing because too many are readily dismissing them as more negativity.

I know that when I do post, it usually gets a lot of action which means people are tuning in which is good for the board. But the overly optimistics really have taken it to a personal level.

I will see how the feedback is and I will re-evaluate it. I do want to enjoy making posts without some geek jumping me to tell me off every other day.

Go Fins!

Originally posted by Predaphin34

lol!

i wonder if we can get any draft picks by trading you.

:lol:

Trade me to Detroit for Woody!!! Or to Washington for Brunell!

Anywhere but to the Jets or Bills!!!!

Well, first off, I'm glad you didnt say,"BREAKING NEWS-NEW FREE AGENT"
Just keep posting. We can all learn to bend a bit.

I am too new to have even had an argument. Atleast i do not think so. Any how, there is nothing wrong with constuctive talk about the team. I tend to lean toward the optimistic side even though i know we still have that guy named Wanny as our coach. Dolfanreal69

Back
Top Bottom