New Logo Concept

Yay or Nay

• Yay

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • Nay

Votes: 64 86.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Its a good illustration, but that is not a logo, its a cartoon. That is the main gripe with the current logo. It isn't a logo, its a cartoon.

A good logo is distinctive, simple, evocative, relevant and looks good at a variety of sizes and in black and white. The current Miami Dolphins logo is too detailed for a logo. It loses a lot of its detail at smaller sizes, making it look messy and unprofessional.

Your rendition has all of these same flaws. In addition, the dolphin in your logo ends up looking a little bit like a cow because the fins and tail are missing. It looks like exactly how you described it, as a creation from different parts and elements. It doesn't flow well and ends up looking like a Frankenstein logo.

I found this site with a bunch of concepts:

http://www.dolphinslogo.com/

I kinda like this one:

clear.gif

It is a good mixture of the stylized logo I put together from the stadium logo with the classic logo.

Some of you are being a bit too harsh i think. I do this stuff for a living, and design wise, it's certainly not 'the worst' that we've seen. It's simple, and incorporates a lot of the old... doesn't lose its identity as our logo, but as mentioned before, it does feel a bit frankensteinish. Logos aren't supposed to look like tattoos or cartoons which I've seen some of you suggest (for example, quite a few people would like the finheaven logo on our helmet). Personally, I'm not one for change... but I don't think this is the worst by any means. It certainly could use some work, but might be a step in the right direction if changing the logo is a necessity. Give the guy some credit for trying... jeesh

i gotta admit i voted nay before i even saw your logo. the only change i might support would be to go back to the old dophins logo, which is bare different anyways

Its a good illustration, but that is not a logo, its a cartoon. That is the main gripe with the current logo. It isn't a logo, its a cartoon.

A good logo is distinctive, simple, evocative, relevant and looks good at a variety of sizes and in black and white. The current Miami Dolphins logo is too detailed for a logo. It loses a lot of its detail at smaller sizes, making it look messy and unprofessional.
Yes, exactly!

And despite being a HUGE fan of the classic logo, I could also live with the stadium logo as your avatar, SkapePhin. Good mix of new and classic.

That's good, but I like the full sunburst and the entire dolphin, especially the tail, in the current one. Also the helmet with the "M". One thought for a future attempt might be to have the dolphin jumping more directly at our perspective, as though attacking. My avatar illustrates that thought a bit. Keep trying dude :) Yours looks about as good as any alternative I've seen.

If we change logo, I say compeletly change it. Not tweek it. I say full color scheme change and all. Miami Sharks!!!

I really like it. But I am ok with what we have now also. I do think a change would be nice but I am ok if they don't change also. The only thing I DON'T want is those God awful high school looking helmets from the 70s. Those looked like they were designed by a retarded blind child with bad taste.

Nice enough design but it is something you could use for a kids club not a team logo.

I quite like the design on this helmet though again it isnt really suitable.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Dolphins-logo-620x637.jpg
    Dolphins-logo-620x637.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 101
I like the shape of the logo but I would like to see new colors. The gray Dolphin is kinda flat and boring, Im not the biggest fan of aqua and orange, but it fits the city of Miami. I would like to see a darker blue/aqua/green color as our major color and maybe a darker orange. Id probably wear a dolphins hat more often if it matched with other clothes besides a miami dolphins shirt, their colors dont match with anything, no ****.

Also I dont like the white helment, I would like to see one of the major or minor colors as the helment color. Maybe something close to this
hwlsetsku5B11045455Dc5B25Dw5B4005Dh5B300-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent stab at a new design, however, since you asked, I feel it looks like it has a combover.

Back
Top Bottom