New member from Akron, OH | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New member from Akron, OH

Akronfinfan36

Please win another title before I die
Reaction score
What's up everyone? Great board...finally some place to celebrate (hopefully) and vent (more than likely). I've been a Dolphins fan since I was 8 years old, about 30 years ago. I don't remember '72 but I definitely have vivid memories of '74 and the Vikings Superbowl. How did I become a Dolphins fan growing up in NE Ohio? Sounds crazy and a bit embarassing, but when I was a little boy, my dad bought me one of those little NFL uniforms with the plastic helmets. Guess which team's uniform was in that box? I've bled aqua and orange ever since. I'm one loyal SOB. As I got a little older I used to relish in the fact that I was the only Dolphins fan in a sea of Browns fans. I was at the Browns game in '93 when Dan went down with the achilles...The Browns fans were cheering when he went down. I got into it with a couple of them and pushed one dude over 3 rows of seats!!! Man, I was so phucking pissed...I felt like crushing anyone who looked at me wrong. :fire: :fire: :fire: Have also traveled to Indy a few times to see them and was at the game when Dan threw to Keith Byars for the TD record. Was also in Cincy for the Shula vs. Shula game and a couple others. I've been to Miami on biz numerous times but have only been to one home game...Can't remember the year, but it was the home opener against the Arizona Cardinals when Plummer was still there. What a great feeling that was to finally be surrounded by fellow Dolphin fans!!! Alright, I'm done. Looking forward to spending some quality time here...especially post-game on Sundays.

Back
Top Bottom