New member | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

bibby

Rookie
Reaction score
I bleed teal and love the fish but these are the dark days for fish fans. With inept management getting worse by the day (Sorry tuna) there's no light at the end of this dark tunnel. We will be lucky to win 3 games this year and trading our best player for horse manure didn't help.
We all know what management has done with draft picks...they've stood at stadium trophs and washed them down the drain.
Washington must have confirmed their belief that the Dolphins management has their heads so far up their you know what's, that they would trade Taylor for zippo.

I'm sickened that we haven't recovered from the ganja era of Ricky Williams. I don't think there's a more inept organization in the NFL. We make the Cardinals look like Superbowl contenders.

Sorry, but I needed to vent.

I bleed teal and love the fish but these are the dark days for fish fans. With inept management getting worse by the day (Sorry tuna) there's no light at the end of this dark tunnel. We will be lucky to win 3 games this year and trading our best player for horse manure didn't help.
We all know what management has done with draft picks...they've stood at stadium trophs and washed them down the drain.
Washington must have confirmed their belief that the Dolphins management has their heads so far up their you know what's, that they would trade Taylor for zippo.

I'm sickened that we haven't recovered from the ganja era of Ricky Williams. I don't think there's a more inept organization in the NFL. We make the Cardinals look like Superbowl contenders.

Welcome to FinHeaven!

Though I don't agree with your stance on the Dolphins and the trade that just occurred. This new management is building for future and not just the 2008 season. The pieces can't all be added in one season, but I think we are off to a good start. They rebuilt the offensive line and defensive line, added a QB to build around. They are stockpiling draft picks so they can continue to build the team through the draft and get younger and more talented.

Saying we got "zippo" for Taylor is ridiculous. A second round pick in 09' and a sixth round pick in 10' is far from "zippo". Lets face it, Jason Taylor as a Dolphin at max was for only one more year. He was going to retire after the 08' season. Sure, now that he is a Redskin they may get 2 or 3 seasons out of him. What is more valuable to a rebuilding Dolphins team? A second round and sixth round draft pick? Or a 34 year old DE who was going to play only one more season? I don't think I need to continue as the answer is very obvious.

This team has endured some very hard times, from players quitting to coaches quitting to just plain morons. Now though, we have a solid foundation being put in place with guys who have proven track records. Parcells built four previous teams from horrible to elite pretty fast. History is on his side that he can do it a fifth time.

First of all welcome!

While I would totally agree with you regarding the Wannstedt years, and to a lesser extent the regimes that followed, I truly believe this franchise is turning a corner.

The situation with Jason Taylor is what it is, they did the only real thing they could do, other than force JT to play another year and hope he didn't retire.

As it was, taking JT on face value and assuming his honesty, trading him made sense for a team at our stage of rebuild if he wasn't going to play another 3-5 years....its really that simple.

We now have ammo for the next draft which is key.

Back
Top Bottom