New MLS team | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New MLS team

Prime Time

Screw You Guys..Im Goin Home!!!
Reaction score
It was just said on the radio that super rich Mexican businessman Jorge Vergara, owner of Chivas of Mexico and Saprissa of Costa Rica, is planning to have his own team in the MLS.

It wasnt specified if it is gonna be a brand new team or if they are gonna move a curent team, but it was said that its gonna be in California and its gonna be called:

Chivas USA.

There isnt a link right now because it was an exclusive interview with the radio station but they said that Vergara is gonna officially announce this tomorrow.

From SG.com

I hope it is a South Floridian team...I would love to see Mastroeni, Donovan etc. play here every weekend.

If the dude wants to buy an MLS team (which I heard he did like a few weeks ago), they will definitely NOT allow him to name it Chivas USA. They will force him to name the team (if he gets one) on the model that current teams are named, i.e. Chicago Fire.

Also, many people think he will make the team all Mexican. This he can't do since in MLS each team has to have a certain amount of Americans (which is unconstitutional and could be challenged but making a team all Mexican would also be unconstitutional)

Back
Top Bottom