New news on D. Boston injury..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New news on D. Boston injury.....

enigmatics

Go get me a juice box!
Reaction score
He's suffering from shin splints, but I just recieved word that David Boston just saved a butt-load of cash by switching to Geico. Evidently both himself, AJ Feeley, Jay Fiedler, and the whole O-Line took out a group policy.

Anyone else here, besides me, not freaking out yet?

I'm not freaking out yet.......however I did save a butt-load by switching to Geico........A 15 minute call save you 15%.......blah blah blah

pigskinguy said:
I'm not freaking out yet.......however I did save a butt-load by switching to Geico........A 15 minute call save you 15%.......blah blah blah

Do you make your ani-icons or do you get them from somewhere?

ah, shin splints.....hate those, lol. Maybe after he loses a lil weight (with workin out in the miami weather, trust me....he will, lol) the problems will go away.

FinFan4Life814 said:
ah, shin splints.....hate those, lol. Maybe after he loses a lil weight (with workin out in the miami weather, trust me....he will, lol) the problems will go away.

Honest to God, just like you say the weather will take care of his weight. Working out in that swampy summer weather and the grind of a season definately helps shed the pounds.............now I'm just waiting for somebody to come in and go "Well what if he doesn't play?"..........lol

That is very painfull I have them right now as well. All he needs to do is stretch his legs out more. That should prevent it from happening again. But it's hard to tell how much you need to stretch exactly. It also may be due to his weight but I don't know how likely that is.

enigmatics said:
Honest to God, just like you say the weather will take care of his weight. Working out in that swampy summer weather and the grind of a season definately helps shed the pounds.............

Joe Rose commented on that last Saturday morning, I think it was. He said, "there's no worry about reporting over weight, that heat & vomit diet plan works man, I'm telling ya!"

God how many posts are we gonna have on here about a mans shins? I mean really it is just mini camp with no pads! Dolfanreal69

Shin splits...I've had them before. People I know have had them. You can still perform, someone I know taught me a trick for dealing with them.

Take a spoon, and put the rounded bottom onto your shin, on top of your tibia and on the sides of it, and push as hard as you can and slide it all up and down your shin.

Its excruciating, but after that you can go out and play without a problem. Now, I don't know if this is because the spoon stretches your muscles and makes them really supple, or if its just the excruciating amount of pain causing massive endorphins that act like a cortizone shot...but either way, they wont hurt again til tomorrow!

Phinz said:
That is very painfull I have them right now as well. All he needs to do is stretch his legs out more. That should prevent it from happening again. But it's hard to tell how much you need to stretch exactly. It also may be due to his weight but I don't know how likely that is.

I had the same problem in 2000. Went to a podiatrist and got a pair of orthotics (special shoe insoles). I have not had any pain since. He might want to look into that option.

Back
Top Bottom