New News on FRED TAYLOR... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New News on FRED TAYLOR...

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
If you ask me......Fred Taylor SUCKS!!!!

I never liked him and I still dont like him. If we were ever to sign him,not only would it be a waste of money but it would also be another Cade Mcnown tragedy (look up lottery ticket). The guy cant stay healthy. He's more fragile then Chris Chandler. Heck I would rather take Chris Chandler as my running back...Ok so maybe i exaturated....But it pisses me of that alot of fin fans would take him over R.Williams.

The only thing that made Fred Taylor good was Tony Boselli and the rest of his co-workers.......So if you ask me

:monkey: Fred taylor :monkey: Fred taylor :monkey: Fred taylor

Not only is he amazing he is one og the top 5 backs in the NFL. James, Faulk, Green, Taylor and Martin. You can put them in any order you want. Taylors numbers outshine most.

His injuries have not been ones due to being fragile or injury prone. They are torn groins, hammies and such. They are muscle injuries that with proper conditioning can be fixed. These are injuries that can be prevented.

I hope we do get him. I would rather get him for a 3rd than RW for either a couple of picks or a pick plus a player. I would rather get him that RW who is a cancer in the locker room. I would rather get him than RW who puts the ball on the carpet more often than not. 20 Fumbles in 3 years, 16 TD's. He has more fumbles than TD's in 3 years with NO!!!! His yards per carry are avg at bestm 3.8. Taylor avg 4.7, only 8 fumbles and 32 TD's!!!!!

What is our problem? Scoring and turnovers. What is Taylors strength? Scoring while not turning it over. What is RW weakness? Not scoring and turning it over!

GIVE ME FRED TAYLOR!!!!

Hes not even fragile, hes the STAR running back who doesnt have to push it to the limit in practice(seen it a million times), and pays for it with minor aggrevations on game day. Ive seen Fred take big shots and get right up! Hes no slouch by the farthest stretch of the imagination! Just for the asking price alone, you have to go after Freaky Fred! A 3rd rounder????are you kidding me, thats like getting public housing assistance(Section 8, rent be like $20), there must be some major strings attatched! He cant be injured his entire career, can he???Maybe a change of scenary is just what the doctor ordered!!!

That whole third round pick thing has to be just a rumor. I think every team in the league would give up a third for Fred. He would have been traded by now.

Has got to be false advertising. Fred for a 3rd rounder is an insult! I wonder has Fred heard that! I tell ya if it is true, thats elementary math. The store clerk done gave you back too much change, get the hell on!

FREDDIE IS THE MAN!!!

Fred Taylor is a stud! Sometimes the injury bug just will not leave! the only thing I know is, his last two games against the DOLPHINS he was a WORLD BEATER! So enough said for me about FRED TAYLOR! If this guy can stay healthy, he is FREAKIN LETHAL!If that is true about the JAGS only wanting a 3rd rounder, the PHINS better be in the sweepstakes!He picks up the blitz well too, so he could protect our beloved JAY'S back!

I'm not quite as adamant as WCoastFin when in comes to Taylor v. Ricky, and I'm not going to complain one bit if the 'Fins do get a hold of Taylor, but I think RW is worth the price. All of this, however, is a moot point if the 'Fins don't improve their line so a runner- whomever that might be- will have some room in which to run.

As far as the third rounder goes, I'm sure there's more to it but probably not a ton more. Every team in the league is going to be wary of going after FT because of his chronic injury problems. If the 'Fins can pick him up for a third and not much more though, I think he'll do a lot to complement this team.

To tell the honest truth, I would Rather have Fred, just because RW gives off a SOFT vibe to me. Dont get me wrong now, I will be satisfied times 10 with the gentle giant RW, but I am salivating at the thought of Fred Taylor in the backfield behind Deon Dyer in MADDEN'04(PS2)!

Originally posted by dolfan87
That whole third round pick thing has to be just a rumor. I think every team in the league would give up a third for Fred. He would have been traded by now.

Rick confirms you suspicions:

NO WILLIAMS TALKS

Rick Spielman, vice president of football operations and player personnel, said the team has had no further discussions with New Orleans regarding running back Ricky Williams. He also said the team hasn't heard from Jacksonville about a possible deal for running back Fred Taylor. Rumors around the NFL hold that Taylor can be had for a third-round pick. . . . Spielman indicated the team is unlikely to pursue Indianapolis tight end Ken Dilger in free agency. Dilger has been told by the Colts he will be released for cap reasons.

from http://www.miami.com/mld/miami/sports/football/nfl/miami_dolphins/2666930.htm

Rick Spielman, vice president of football operations and player personnel, said the team has had no further discussions with New Orleans regarding running back Ricky Williams. He also said the team hasn't heard from Jacksonville about a possible deal for running back Fred Taylor. Rumors around the NFL hold that Taylor can be had for a third-round pick. . . . Spielman indicated the team is unlikely to pursue Indianapolis tight end Ken Dilger in free agency. Dilger has been told by the Colts he will be released for cap reasons.

I guess that means TE isn't a high priority, b/c Dilger is one of the best and we're not even going to try to get him.

Seriously,I remember reading in TSN a few months ago that Shawn Draper was already being considered as our starting tight end for 2002. Must be showing something good.

Back
Top Bottom