ChambersWI

Going Ghost
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

3 rounds, has Miami taking

Mike Pouncey
It appears as though the Dolphins have narrowed their focus to a group of three prospects. However, what ultimately tips the scales in the favor of Florida’s Mike Pouncey is Tony Sparano’s background as an offensive line coach and the teams need for someone who can make an instant impact. For months I’ve been saying that Pouncey is going to be selected earlier than most realize and there are even scenarios in which he could be the first blocker off the board. Miami had a lot of issues on the interior of their line last season and Pouncey will address them, regardless of whether they play him at center or guard. The other main contender seems to be Arkansas QB Ryan Mallett. Even though Mallett would be a reach in the Top 15, the Dolphins don’t have a choice in the second round so if they want to add a quarterback and like Mallett as much as they’ve let on it would probably be wise to pull the trigger here. Word is the Phins wouldn’t mind moving down either though so perhaps they could make a deal and land Mallett later. The final option would be Alabama RB Mark Ingram since Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams are free agents who may not be brought back

and Leonard Hankerson
Could be the playmaker in the passing game they need to upgrade stagnant offense.

Ok, if our first 3 rounds end up like this, I know a few fans (hoops, TedSlimm, Ted... well half the board really) that will start punting babies. However, I think this would be a nice haul for us.

1. First let me say, I would be more than a little disappointed if we took Pouncey, but he has the making of a very good NFL player. Truth be told, we struggled on the OL for a big portion of the season, and if Pouncey can be even half as good as his brother was as a rookie, Incognito excels at Center (where he didn't look too bad last year), and Jerry comes back strong, we would have the makings of a dominant OL.

2. Hankerson is the type of WR our offense needs,

3. Scott Wright does mention that Mallett and Ingram are the other choices, but he goes with the OL cause of Sparano.

Personally it doesn't matter who we draft as long as they perform.

**** Pouncey. What a waste of a pick. We had struggles on the O=line because of injuries not lack of talent.

I love Hankerson though.

NumberIVCarpentersMallet145-1.png
or bust.

We would trade back way before taking a guard. Hankerson in the 3rd would be awesome. Not the speedster that I imagined but the man is a football player through and through.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

We would trade back way before taking a guard. Hankerson in the 3rd would be awesome. Not the speedster that I imagined but the man is a football player through and through.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

I think putting Hankerson next to Marshall, would make for a great combo. I think Hartline is better served as a 4th WR.

Would love Hank in the 3rd round, Pouncey at 15 . . . meh, I mean if he turns into an elite pulling guard you couldn't be mad with the pick, but I wouldn't like it at first.

Mallet and Hankerson would be be the "offensive playmakers" Miami need to add.

Would love Hank in the 3rd round, Pouncey at 15 . . . meh, I mean if he turns into an elite pulling guard you couldn't be mad with the pick, but I wouldn't like it at first.

Mallet and Hankerson would be be the "offensive playmakers" Miami need to add.
Yea, Pouncey can be had later. But I guess if Fins cant find a trading partner, I wouldnt be that upset with the pick as it does address what I thought was the biggest hole last year, interior line.

Also KD, I like your mock draft except switch Mallet with Ponder and then its perfect! :up:

Back
Top Bottom