Next time Fins play Jets, it will be Air Tannehill. Jets moving RB McKnight to CB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Next time Fins play Jets, it will be Air Tannehill. Jets moving RB McKnight to CB

Well considering they have time to gameplan around Revis's injury now, versus before when they couldn't and we *still* didn't have "Air Tannehill" I'm gonna go ahead and say no, we won't.

so you think he's starting? or do you think that is for depth purposes? and he has worked out in the secondary before and even had snaps in games.

Well, didn't the Patriots have Julian Edelman play snaps at CB?

I guess this is just something that elite franchises do, man.

funnygifseccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf-1.gif

He can't be worse then the measly options on the market or what is in front of him on he depth chart. I believe he was a standout CB in high school which gives him some familiarity with the position. Rex does get a lot from his players but this is asking a bit much to expect him to transform McKnight.

Position switches rarely work but McKnight offers nothing more then being a kick returner so why not try it.

Most CB's, even the great ones in the current NFL or past, never had aspirations to be a CB anyways. They were wide receivers or running backs that couldn't cut it, so the coaches had them switched them to CB's because they had the athleticism to play that position.

I suppose you never know that it could actually work out but more realitsically it reeks of desperation. This really reflects the Jets' drafting woes. They had a nice run of draft picks in that era where they netted Pennington, Revis, Mangold, D'Brick, Harris, Leon Washington and the like.

But, man, in recent years, their drafts have been awful. McKnight, Shonn Greene, Sanchez, Wilkerson (he was just abused Sunday), Kylie Wilson, that softie guard from UMass, et al. Not sure if they lost some good scouts, or whether they just got lucky on some picks previously, but Good God man, that is some horrible drafting the past few years. It's obviously starting to show. They have a roster of guys who have already hit their ceiling or are in decline. That's why the Jets are decidedly in arrow down mode.

I suppose you never know that it could actually work out but more realitsically it reeks of desperation. This really reflects the Jets' drafting woes. They had a nice run of draft picks in that era where they netted Pennington, Revis, Mangold, D'Brick, Harris, Leon Washington and the like.

But, man, in recent years, their drafts have been awful. McKnight, Shonn Greene, Sanchez, Wilkerson (he was just abused Sunday), Kylie Wilson, that softie guard from UMass, et al. Not sure if they lost some good scouts, or whether they just got lucky on some picks previously, but Good God man, that is some horrible drafting the past few years. It's obviously starting to show. They have a roster of guys who have already hit their ceiling or are in decline. That's why the Jets are decidedly in arrow down mode.

So what great drafts have the Phins had recently?

Back
Top Bottom