Next Up - The get well Raiders | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Next Up - The get well Raiders

You mean, in 2014 the Miami Dolphins defeated the Oakland Raiders, and the starting quarterbacks were Ryan Tannehill and Derek Carr?

Well, considering the position that is most responsible with how an offense does is the QB position, and how many people always tell us Brady (Not the Patriots) beat this team or out played this QB.

But you're right, I guess to make it clearer, and more accurate, Tannehill beat the Raiders, and out played Carr in 2014.

I wish we had Tannehill. :(

This should be a really fun game to watch. I've looked forward to it all offseason. Just hope our team is prepared to play a full 60 minutes.

This game is ridiculously important for both teams.

A Raider loss puts them at 3-6. Essentially out of the playoffs.

For Gase, we need a statement game, and a win helps him show the team they will be just fine without Ajayi.

While a loss wouldnt be fatal for the fins, the outcome of this game is going to set the tone for the remainder of the season.

sorry to go off topic but is our monday night game @ carolina being flexed?

sorry to go off topic but is our monday night game @ carolina being flexed?
Unlikely, as there are no other games taking played that day to swap it with, and that the MNF crew would then have to set up in another stadium in another state on very short notice. Then there would be a drop in attendance from fans who traveled to be there Monday night being unable to see the game.

Yes but in 2014...... Carr wasn't Carr

I know, my point is not that Carr is not a top QB, or even a better QB, now, my point is, right now we are getting a version of Carr closer to 2014 (At least scoring wise), then we are last year, and that year we were able to beat them.

The Raiders are somewhat struggling right now, so to think they might blow us out, as Ravens did might not be very accurate.

Did it sting much at the end against the Chargers, Titans, Falcons, or the 2nd meet againt the Jets?

This team got little help from the Running game, yet found a way to win, as they did a lot last year. This team is built to fight and grind at the end, they are at home, and have reached that fork in the road...we will see what this team is made of.
Not sure I agree. The run game allowed the defense to rest and it was the defense that won those games. Yes, by all means Ajayi's presence was felt. Our remaining runners are the type to run out of bounds a lot, not bleeding clock, not shortening the game for our defense. Our roster is devoid of players who can break tackles or plough the field without going out of bounds.

The Raiders have one less player to game plan for. I'm sure they're happy to not have to take on Jay. A nice thing would be for Drake or Williams to have a big game although as a pure runner, both of them aren't as good as Jay.

The only thing I can say about the Ajayi thing is that I can't believe the situation was so bad we had to move on from a very rare talent that left it all on the field every game. That's what I saw with my own two eyes, a guy busting tackles and running fiercely even when there were few holes. We actually hit on a 5th round draft choice who was in the Pro Bowl last season. Do we build around him like we should NO we dump him so the Coach can air out his ego. I don't dig it and I never will. I've followed this team since Joe Auer returned the first kick off ever for a TD. I'm always a Dolphin fan but this Coach better show me that we didn't need Ajayi. He better come out smoking against the Raiders, a bad loss at home after all this noise would make him look like a fool. Something tells me there will be more percision on the offensive side of the ball, we'll see if it results in a win.

For the first time in my life I am cheering against the Dolphins...

Yes, even when we should have sucked for Luck, I was rooting for Ws but not now...

The Raiders are going to kick our ass like 31-10 and then I am selling all of my fins gear on Ebay.

Time to get out....

Taking offers.....

Since Baltimore shutout the Dolphins opened as home underdogs to an Oakland team they have beaten 5 times in a row. The Ajayi trade just pushed the line higher. Perfect storm for the Fins to rebound and for us to cash in on it.

Back
Top Bottom