Next Up | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Next Up

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
There's an old saying in sports that you're never as good as your best game and never as bad as your worst --- or something like that. Hopefully, this was Miami's worst and the team can move on.

I know there are people out there that say if the Dolphins can't beat the New York Jets than this season will be a long one. Certainly that has crossed my mind. But look around the NFL. Blake Bortles looked like Dan Marino against Baltimore, tossing four touchdown passes against a Ravens defense that had been stellar. Chicago beat Pittsburgh. Cincinnati nearly beat Green Bay in Green Bay. Upsets galore highlighted week three of the NFL.

Miami against the Jets is never an easy game. Am I concerned? Sure. The Dolphins schedule is a daunting one with games outside the division against the AFC West and the NFC South, two of the best divisions loaded with quality teams. The team also has a lot of distractions with the hurricane, Lawrence Timmons going AWOL, having to practice at different facilities etc. That's no excuse, but even the most focused of people can have difficulties when routines are upset to that degree.

The next game for Miami well be telling. The team needs to put this one behind them, get the offense in gear, make the changes that need to be made and right the ship in a hurry. The season is young and it can go either way, but the Dolphins have been pretty resilient under Adam Gase.

Back
Top Bottom