NFL.com: "Dion Jordan in the sights of Eagles coach Chip Kelly" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL.com: "Dion Jordan in the sights of Eagles coach Chip Kelly"

NYPhin24

Scout Team
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...rdan-in-the-sights-of-eagles-coach-chip-kelly

"And, yes, thePhiladelphia Eagles coach had Oregon's Dion Jordan on his mind with the No. 4 overall pick in the2013 NFL Draft."

"The Miami Dolphins traded up to take Jordan one pick before the Eagles were on the board. The Dolphins gave up their No. 12 pick and their second-rounder (No. 42 overall)to the Oakland Raiders for the opportunity. Kelly hinted theEagles had to give up a third-rounder to move up one pick, Garafolo reported, but decided that was too much."

"
Kelly and the Eagles decided Jordan wasn't worth the cost to move up when they were happy with the other option available. Oklahoma's Lane Johnson was the pick at No. 4 overall, and he's the athletic type of tackle that Kelly's offense needs."

"Kelly certainly can't be accused of nepotism even if the Eagles had selected Jordan; the defensive end has the ability to become a special pass rusher in the NFL."

Man if Oakland could have netted a 3rd to move back 1 spot, that woulda been incredible lol.. I still love the move, and I think you'll see why in a very short time.

I think we were in the best position than any other team. Vontae Davis and Marshall provided us with ammo and backup to make this happen while everyone else either had two picks in first round or no 2nd rounder to give in Cleveland and Oakland was starved for a 2nd rounder.

The stars had alligned.

i thought about this last week as the trade talk started up and then enduro's thread about getting Joeckel and then it was tweeted that we were interested in trading up for 1. Joeckel 2. Dion Jordan.

The Jordan thing through me for a loop and just took it as fodder. well, it wasnt.

it just goes to show, you need ammo to play big.

The Jets are going to look to trade Sanchez to some QB starved team this offseason to do this very thing. To make a big splash on draft day.

Honestly I think the reason Eagles didn't trade up was because they thought Jordan would be there at 4 if the Jags didn't choose them. They are regretting it now I bet.

I was upset with the trade up and pick at the time because I thought we would of given up too much but when I saw it was only a 2nd I was overjoyed! I don't expect him to be the next JT but hopefully provide 7+ sacks and hopefully a few 10+ =]

I think we were in the best position than any other team. Vontae Davis and Marshall provided us with ammo and backup to make this happen while everyone else either had two picks in first round or no 2nd rounder to give in Cleveland and Oakland was starved for a 2nd rounder.

The stars had alligned.

i thought about this last week as the trade talk started up and then enduro's thread about getting Joeckel and then it was tweeted that we were interested in trading up for 1. Joeckel 2. Dion Jordan.

The Jordan thing through me for a loop and just took it as fodder. well, it wasnt.

it just goes to show, you need ammo to play big.

The Jets are going to look to trade Sanchez to some QB starved team this offseason to do this very thing. To make a big splash on draft day.

The Jets would have to send picks to trade Sanchez.

Jordan obviously wasnt that valuable to other teams we valued him the most because no other team offered more

Back
Top Bottom