NFL.com seven-round mock draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL.com seven-round mock draft

mexican phin

Rookie
Reaction score
This is the best mock draft i've seen so far.

12. Miami Dolphins: Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina. As of right now, the Dolphins have not acquired Branden Albert. Cooper cannot play on the edge but will solidify one of the interior positions.

42. Dolphins: D.J. Hayden, CB, Houston. Hayden could be selected much higher than this. The corner who overcame a unique injury has great closing speed and locates the football to disrupt at the catch point.

54. Dolphins: Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M. Moore is a conundrum, in that he has admitted to a poor work ethic off the field while showcasing an outstanding motor on it. He can win in a secondary pass-rushing role.

77. Dolphins: Ryan Swope, WR, Texas A&M.

82. Dolphins: Reid Fragel, OT, Ohio State.

Link: http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1...sevenround-mock-forecasts-every-pick-1-to-254

Swap Moore for any TE available at that position and I think you have a good draft.

Cooper and Hayden would be huge.. Take out Moore and use that in trade for Albert and we have ourselves a very very good Oline to go with the skill players we added on o... Then come back in the 3rd and 4th and take all defense

Reid friegel. Can't say I know much about him....

And yeah, take out damontre Moore and plug in an Ertz, an Okafor, an Armstead or a Gio Bernard, heck even a Swearinger and I'd be happy.

I think that's low enough on Damontre Moore that I wouldn't be all that disappointed by it. Got to remember he's still at the very least an athletic, explosive space player that moves and redirects on his feet really well. I think he's an upgrade over Olivier Vernon that way.

I really tend to doubt that D.J. Hayden at 42 overall is happening. I think he's long gone by then. But if they managed to get him there, I'm one happy camper. Extremely happy.

That seems really high to me on Reid Fragel. I know the Dolphins have been sniffing him. I just don't know how well he fits. His mobility isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Obviously I disagree on Jon Cooper all the way at 12. But at least he'll be a good player. On some level that should be good enough.

Wouldn't cry over Ryan Swope in the 3rd.

Malliciah Goodman in the 4th round is an odd choice. I'm not all about Montori Hughes either. Johnathan Stewart seems like Texas A&M connection. Earl Watford fits the profile of what they want.

I would literally dance a jig to see Dennis Johnson taken at the tail end of the 5th round and Vince Williams taken at the tail end of the 7th.

Hell, between D.J. Hayden, Dennis Johnson and Vince Williams I could almost accuse Josh Norris of being influenced by what I've been saying about some of these guys in Miami.

Nah just kidding. There's no "almost" about it. He's been a friend for years. I'm pretty sure it's no coincidence we're like-minded on a lot of prospects. That goes both ways. He has some influence on what I think of some players.

I think that's low enough on Damontre Moore that I wouldn't be all that disappointed by it. Got to remember he's still at the very least an athletic, explosive space player that moves and redirects on his feet really well. I think he's an upgrade over Olivier Vernon that way.

I really tend to doubt that D.J. Hayden at 42 overall is happening. I think he's long gone by then. But if they managed to get him there, I'm one happy camper. Extremely happy.

That seems really high to me on Reid Fragel. I know the Dolphins have been sniffing him. I just don't know how well he fits. His mobility isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Obviously I disagree on Jon Cooper all the way at 12. But at least he'll be a good player. On some level that should be good enough.

Wouldn't cry over Ryan Swope in the 3rd.

Malliciah Goodman in the 4th round is an odd choice. I'm not all about Montori Hughes either. Johnathan Stewart seems like Texas A&M connection. Earl Watford fits the profile of what they want.

I would literally dance a jig to see Dennis Johnson taken at the tail end of the 5th round and Vince Williams taken at the tail end of the 7th.

Hell, between D.J. Hayden, Dennis Johnson and Vince Williams I could almost accuse Josh Norris of being influenced by what I've been saying about some of these guys in Miami.

Nah just kidding. There's no "almost" about it. He's been a friend for years. I'm pretty sure it's no coincidence we're like-minded on a lot of prospects. That goes both ways. He has some influence on what I think of some players.

I think by Thursday D.J. Hayden could be in the conversation for the Dolphins at 12 overall....and probably at least a top 15 pick.

don't like the damontre moore pick...

Are you guys kidding me?? Moore was a top 10 pick before the combine, if we get him at 54 that would be a big time steal. I don't care about how he performs in the gym, I want a guy who produces when the pads come on. I watched all the A&M games Moore is a guy always around the ball, always making plays. If his work ethic is improved off the field he will be a great player.

I really don't want to go o-line with our first pick but if the rest of the draft turns out like this I could live with it. Especially if the second round picks turn out to be Hayden and Moore who have first round talent. I would rather grab Jarvis Jones in the first, I definitely think he is worth the risk. May not be a perfect fit for the 4-3 but I just love how much havoc he causes on defense. If not Jones than Eifert who would be a really nice weapon for Tannehill.

I would MUCH rather have Brennan Williams in the fourth and Okafor in the third over Fragel/Goodman. Especially if Cooper is the pick why not pair him up with his teammate. Okafor I think will be a solid starter in the NFL.

Sean Porter is the LB from A&M that I would prefer to have but Stewart seems to be a great leader and respected guy. We seem okay at OLB so although I think Porter would be more productive as a pro Stewart is needed in case something happens to Ellerbe.

Would be really happy if the draft turned out like this. It would be really hard for me to dislike a draft in which we are getting Hayden and Moore in the second.

I thought about drafting Moore in the second round of my mock. It's a strong possibility it could go down like that.

I think by Thursday D.J. Hayden could be in the conversation for the Dolphins at 12 overall....and probably at least a top 15 pick.

Why do you think that? I haven't seen any mocks with him in the first round. Hayden is great but at #12 its too risky. I would rather take my chances on Jarvis Jones who has been an absolute monster. A healthy Jarvis Jones is going to be more valuable than a healthy Hayden.

From my understanding Hayden would've been picked 10-15 if healthy so you'd figure hes going to drop with the health concerns. According to recent articles he's being looked at as a second rounder but teams are desperate for CB so maybe you're right. Weirder things have happened in the draft.

Back
Top Bottom