Nfl draft big board top 32 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nfl draft big board top 32

That's right. I forgot about Gordon. Think it's a mistake on his part, but ah well. Based on what I've heard/read, it seems pretty certain that Hill will enter the draft. If he comes back, it'll be to spend a year as a good citizen - if he learns that's a legitimate concern. He's proved everything he needs to as a player. 1st RD talent all the way.

That's right. I forgot about Gordon. Think it's a mistake on his part, but ah well. Based on what I've heard/read, it seems pretty certain that Hill will enter the draft. If he comes back, it'll be to spend a year as a good citizen - if he learns that's a legitimate concern. He's proved everything he needs to as a player. 1st RD talent all the way.

Agreed with everything. If he comes out, I think he's top RB this year.

The RB's and WR's from this draft and last are flipped in one key area - physicality. Last season, the draft was deep with quick, smallish WR's, but there were very few good, physically imposing WR's. This season, it's loaded with big, strong, really good WR's. Last season there were multiple RB's who were 210+, and a solid number of them were good. This season, Hill really stands out for his physicality in an otherwise small class. To me, that's what we're missing in our running game. I said before the season - or maybe early in the season - that we should contact the Saints about Mark Ingram, because - to that point - they weren't getting the value out of him that they should. Obviously, I don't know what it would have taken to pry away Ingram, but he's the kind of back we're lacking.

But I agree that we should look to upgrade the RB position.

Watkins as the #3 WR in the draft is a hard sell. Nothing against Lee or Evans, but Watkins is the more explosive athlete, and he can beat you in more ways. I think the two best RB's in the draft are Jeremy Hill and Melvin Gordon. At this point, I wouldn't put any other RB's in the top 32. Despite issues with his stature, I think Manziel has done enough to be in the top 32 - without needing too much argument. I'd place him in the top 10, but that would require more backing.

I like that you have Robinson as the 2nd best OT - though I think you're a little low on some of the other OT's.

Anyway, solid effort. Welcome, and I hope you're a regular contributor to the draft forum.

I think Sammy Watkins is going to be a very, very good receiver. Nothing against him being #3 just the fact that I believe Marqise Lee and Mike Evans will be superior players. Jeremy Hill will never be a Miami Dolphins as long as Philbin is the head coach. Battery charge over the past off-season and he had some sexual charge out of high school. Melvin Gordon made a MAJOR mistake by not declaring. Next year's RB class will have Georgia's Todd Gurley, South Carolina's Mike Davis, Alabama's TJ Yeldon, Miami's Duke Johnson.. etc. Gordon would have easily been the top RB drafted this year, now he may not even be picked on Day 2 due to the rare strength of next year's running back class. Thanks for the welcome and I will be a regular in the draft forum. I am in the process of position rankings now.

mosley as the top player in the class...wow...i have some reservations about his run defense and getting off blocks but i think his instincts are very good and it's critical in lbs and agree his coverage skills are very good...i dont think he will be the enforcer that a navarro bowman is...not that physical not that level thudder...a little light also...may be more a wolb pro

i don't see it with bortles...i see a bail tendency against inside pressure that throws off his accuracy...he bails out...the arms ok nothing special and i see a lot of throws off his back foot...

teddy bridgewater is the top qb in this class imo and the only one i would pound the table for...his presnap reads are damn good and he climbs the pocket very well already against wide pressure...like his footwork and he can throw with paste and accuracy rolling to his strong or weak side...a pocket qb who's slightly built but can add good weight...

too high on mike evans...vincent jackson comparisons that i see are lazy...doesnt have long speed...big body that outmuscles smaller dbs...gets off the los pretty well for a big guy but the separation he gets is from pushing off and ripping thru...all depends on what they let him get away with at the next level...wouldn't surprise me if he times very slow

mosley as the top player in the class...wow...i have some reservations about his run defense and getting off blocks but i think his instincts are very good and it's critical in lbs and agree his coverage skills are very good...i dont think he will be the enforcer that a navarro bowman is...not that physical not that level thudder

i don't see it with bortles...i see a bail tendency against inside pressure that throws off his accuracy...he bails out...the arms ok nothing special and i see a lot of throws off his back foot...

teddy bridgewater is the top qb in this class imo and the only one i would pound the table for...his presnap reads are damn good and he climbs the pocket very well already against wide pressure...like his footwork and he can throw with paste and accuracy rolling to his strong or weak side...a pocket qb who's slightly built but can add good weight...

He is listed at 6'3 196lbs... that concerns me a lot... He is probably 6'1 1/2-6'2 and 190.. He has had some minor injuries at Louisville. I think Teddy can be a pretty good starting QB but I don't think he is in the same league as Tannehill. I agree with you on Bortles.. I think his ceiling is a Joe Flacco caliber starting QB (not comparing the players at all, just saying from a talent perspective) and his floor is a Christian Ponder type (again, not comparing Bortles to anyone). I think Mosley is much more physical than you give him credit for. He may be slightly undersized at 232 but he can lay the wood.

He is listed at 6'3 196lbs... that concerns me a lot... He is probably 6'1 1/2-6'2 and 190.. He has had some minor injuries at Louisville. I think Teddy can be a pretty good starting QB but I don't think he is in the same league as Tannehill. I agree with you on Bortles.. I think his ceiling is a Joe Flacco caliber starting QB (not comparing the players at all, just saying from a talent perspective) and his floor is a Christian Ponder type (again, not comparing Bortles to anyone). I think Mosley is much more physical than you give him credit for. He may be slightly undersized at 232 but he can lay the wood.

i loved lavonte david when he came out if i had the choice as a prospect i would choose him over moseley...bridgewater is slight no doubt but his game isn't built around one read and take off or playing to contact...i guess we will see what he measures out at but off what i see if i'm houston teddy bridgewater come on down...

mosley will strike you i get that but bowman crushes you...

i'm glad to see someone else doesn't feel anthony barr warrants a top 5 pick...i don't see the explosion and burst off the edge to justify it...34 olb all the way i like mack more pass rush tools wise real strength in his hands and explosion off the ball...both destined to be 34 olbs not strong enough vs the run at the poa to be 43 ends

i loved lavonte david when he came out if i had the choice as a prospect i would choose him over moseley...bridgewater is slight no doubt but his game isn't built around one read and take off or playing to contact...i guess we will see what he measures out at but off what i see if i'm houston teddy bridgewater come on down...

mosley will strike you i get that but bowman crushes you...

i'm glad to see someone else doesn't feel anthony barr warrants a top 5 pick...i don't see the explosion and burst off the edge to justify it...34 olb all the way i like mack more pass rush tools wise real strength in his hands and explosion off the ball...both destined to be 34 olbs not strong enough vs the run at the poa to be 43 ends

My biggest issue with Barr is that I don't know where he would play. I will give him credit for having an outstanding motor, but his instincts are very poor, and he struggles to hold the point, or set the edge. I see him as a Bruce Irvin type prospect. I see his only fit is as a nickel rusher. He can bend and run the hoop, but lacks an inside counter move when tackles overset, and doesn't convert speed to power like Mack can do. I think Barr is still a first round pick, and the best thing to due might have him slowly bulk up to 260 and put his hand in the ground. But to me, playing him on 1st and 2nd down at this point, he would be a liability. Has the athletic ability to play in space, but lacks the instincts and awareness.

My biggest issue with Barr is that I don't know where he would play. I will give him credit for having an outstanding motor, but his instincts are very poor, and he struggles to hold the point, or set the edge. I see him as a Bruce Irvin type prospect. I see his only fit is as a nickel rusher. He can bend and run the hoop, but lacks an inside counter move when tackles overset, and doesn't convert speed to power like Mack can do. I think Barr is still a first round pick, and the best thing to due might have him slowly bulk up to 260 and put his hand in the ground. But to me, playing him on 1st and 2nd down at this point, he would be a liability. Has the athletic ability to play in space, but lacks the instincts and awareness.

that's part of the problem with dion jordan right now on the edge vs tackles...he has no counter or redirect back inside rush move...all wide speed around the edge and dip the shoulder or bull rush...

jordan also needs to get off the snap better...once he starts he's explosive but he's late off the ball...

that's part of the problem with dion jordan right now on the edge vs tackles...he has no counter or redirect back inside rush move...all wide speed around the edge and dip the shoulder or bull rush...

jordan also needs to get off the snap better...once he starts he's explosive but he's late off the ball...

I would argue that Jordan is superior in every category outside of motor and pursuit. He had a torn labrum and those things suck. I just had one. He needs time to recover so he can bulk into the 260-270 range. He can stack against the run he actually has pretty good power for his build. But yeah he definitely needs to add an inside counter. Club-swim or spin move.

guess im gonna stop talkin up seferian jenkins.....whoof.

Surprised to see no Louis Nix on this list...

Watched about 5 games and 2 cut-ups. Not really impressed. Nowhere near Star Lotuelei or Dontari Poe from the past 2 years, who were both top 15 picks. He may very well get drafted in the 1st round I have him in the 50-64 range.

Why do you have Seastrunk over Andre Williams? I feel like we could have a dangerous backfield with Millers quickness and Williams' outstanding power, he is an absolute bruiser.

Back
Top Bottom