NFL Draft Order & Team Needs - After Week 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Draft Order & Team Needs - After Week 6

Perfect72

It's Only Happened ONCE!
Reaction score
getting away from that top 5 pick

move tight end is a massive need

We really need two Guards. I can't imagine that Bushrod, who was about to retire, would come back next year. We need LBs too...that's got to be top priority along with DE. We've put LB off for far too long.

Playmaker in front 7 for me. A Joey Bosa type would fit.

marquise gray a legit move tight end and dion sims (provided this concussion thing isn't a career concern) is what id try to get done

although if gray shows enough move tight end may be able to drop down the list...he's raw as a route runner but he's got some explosive abilities...

In the best case scenario (i.e. not needing a QB) these are our needs for 2017:

DE
CB
LB
TE
RT
OG
RB
FS

And we gave up how many picks for a #4 WR? :bobdole:

In the best case scenario (i.e. not needing a QB) these are our needs for 2017:

DE
CB
LB
TE
RT
OG
RB
FS

And we gave up how many picks for a #4 WR? :bobdole:

he'll be a #3 next year they are gonna let stills go

This may not sound popular but given our need for talent across the board why be hopeful for a single player at ANY position? This game requires a TEAM...not hoping a single superstar can carry you...(see Dan Marino and others)
1. Be SURE the talent acquisition team with regard to the draft (aka scouting department) is the best we can buy
2. Decide what makes us more competitive immediately and focus the first 2 picks in that direction..(if it's offensive line/TE so be it...if it's DL / LB so be it)..stop spreading our team thin...solidify and move on
3. Move down in the draft and acquire additional picks ...focusing on the 1st, 2nd and third rounds
.....We need to build a TEAM in the mold of our coaching staff and keep our coaching staff intact for several years.....I'm not saying we don't have ANY players worth keeping...I am saying the team needs talent and depth
4. Use the draft to acquire talent...use free agency to build depth....free agency for the most part is a stop gap measure filled with guys trying to get paid....a more cautious attitude is needed in free agency...

Why would we need a DE? WE HAVE DION JORDAN!

Joking aside, a shutdown corner would be huge. Our list is long and our draft position will make this pick BPA, so not worth thinking about now.

sounds crazy but I think i would drop corner on the needs list down further...I like what I see from lippet developmentally wise and howard looks like a future #1...maybe you resign culliver on a one year deal part with Maxwell (which I think should be a given) and see what lucas looks like in camp also...slot wise mccains not great but he may continue to develop and they have Michael Thomas who they love already

having howard viewed as a future #1 I think takes some of that sting on corner future away...and lippett is definitely improving...3 year project playing pretty well forced into action a year early

safety wise I think they stick with what they have barring a late draft addition...jones, iaq, Thomas and aikens...other needs are more pressing

sounds crazy but I think i would drop corner on the needs list down further...I like what I see from lippet developmentally wise and howard looks like a future #1...maybe you resign culliver on a one year deal part with Maxwell (which I think should be a given) and see what lucas looks like in camp also...slot wise mccains not great but he may continue to develop and they have Michael Thomas who they love already

having howard viewed as a future #1 I think takes some of that sting on corner future away...and lippett is definitely improving...3 year project playing pretty well forced into action a year early
We do have Bene Benkwere now.

I wouldn't bring Maxwell back.

We do have Bene Benkwere now.

I wouldn't bring Maxwell back.

yeah and him too...gives us another slot we can throw on the boundary in a pinch...grinder type

Maxwell I don't care what he does the rest of the way cut bait...not much I can do if I put you with a certain leverage and you just give it away post snap...that's corner play 101

After week 6............

Is this a Madden Franchise? Where we play 3 games a week and we try to get in 7 seasons? Hmmm, so Free Agency and the Draft is in about 6 weeks or so. I need to get get to work in about ...6 weeks. Odd, because I do better then the real Dolphins do.

But if this is the real NFL you are talking about then what are you talking about?

Right now you have a guess at when we will pick, a guess on what college players will be in the draft and a guess on how good they will be. This is a fart in the wind and IMO, it should be in this area of the forum.

Hopefully we recoup those picks lost for Carroo with compensatory picks. If we are top 10, even knowing the multiple needs, must grab any stud available for the front 7.

Back
Top Bottom