25. Chicago 8-4 SOS .495
26. Green Bay 8-4 SOS .510
27. San Francisco 8-3-1 SOS .495
28. Denver 9-3 SOS .469
29. Baltimore 9-3 SOS .500
30. New England 9-3 SOS .510
31. Atlanta 11-1 SOS .396
32. Houston 11-1 SOS .500

Never thought our picks From Indy and Chicago, especially Indys, would be hovering in the mid 20s!

We are one loss away from having the #7 pick. I want us to win out, but if we lose to SF, NE and Buf or JAX, we are going to have a really nice draft pick. Some consolation for what seems like the inevitable. Say we draft 6 or 7; a couple of teams ahead of us will take QB. We will therefore have a chance at the best player available at multiple positions. Let that be our silver lining if Henne->Short lights us up. And as much as I'm normally against the idea of trading down past elite talent (see E. Thomas, J. Odrick, K. Misi), a 6 could give us back a high 20 + high 30 + a later rounder for R. Swope if we are not absolutely in love with one of the guys available that high. My wish lest though has me wanting a superfreak DE JPP clone, if one exists, with our high 1st because we will have already signed a #1 WR in FA.

Late-night baby bottle feeding insanity scenario:
FA: Sign Hartline, Wallace, levitre, smith
Draft:
#6 overall sent to Cin for #20 + #37 + 4th

Dolphins ammo list:
#20 (Cin) {TE Eifert?}
#37 (Cin) {OG Mathews?}
#40 (ours) {that freak DE who slipped due to lack of PT, competition level etc}
#56 (Indy) {best CB left from the SEC}
#72 (ours) {WR Austin}
#89 (Chi) {WR Swope}
#105 (ours) {RT}
#117 (Cin) {LB}

Actually all the picks above 37 would be two slots higher as CLE and NO have their 2nd rounders forfeited.

Now even I don't think JI could F up double pics in the first four rounds. I really hope philbin is at least partly running the show.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just hope we come ahead of both Arizona and Buffalo in the draft order in case one of them wants to leapfrog the other to get their QB. Would be a good trade down for us. If we can get one more 2nd rounder, we can have a great draft.

as of now we have the 13th, 42nd, 54th, 73rd and 87th picks.

expected da bears to be in the late 20s but indy? thought they'd be in and around the top 10. damn you andrew luck.

as of now we have the 13th, 42nd, 54th, 73rd and 87th picks.

expected da bears to be in the late 20s but indy? thought they'd be in and around the top 10. damn you andrew luck.
13th, 42nd (due to no picks for Saints and Cleveland), 56th (24th pick of the 2nd from Indy, they drop behind Chicago and Green Bay in 2nd), 73th (11th pick of the 3rd round) and 88th (26th pick of the 3rd round).

Teams with similar records are ordered by SOS but then rotate in each round so in Indy, Chicago and Green Bay's case Indy goes first followed by Chicago and then Green Bay...in the next round Indy would move to last place between the three and the other two would move up one spot so it would be Chicago, Green Bay and then Indy. 3rd round would be Green Bay, Indy and Chicago.

Just a guess but I think we'll end up picking around #9 or #10.

Sounds good to-me! I'm very very curious what this FO does with the first few picks. As long as one of those picks is Stedman Bailey and not Lamar Thomas..sorry I meant Justin Hunter I will be a happy Dolphins fan. Although I would be stoked about drafting his runningmate Cordarrelle Patterson in addition to Stedman.

if we finish in the top 12 i think elite tools pass rusher might be there for the taking...and probably makes the most sense...although i see us winning 2 of the last 4 buffalo and jax and who knows if the pats clinch a first round bye early they may give us the week 17 game also...

anyways unlike years in the past when i felt like we had no qb and we were best off losing i'm hoping that we win em all and i'll let the draft pick chip fall where it may...again though top 12 have to like the pass rush odds if all the high end guys come out

13th, 42nd (due to no picks for Saints and Cleveland), 56th (24th pick of the 2nd from Indy, they drop behind Chicago and Green Bay in 2nd), 73th (11th pick of the 3rd round) and 88th (26th pick of the 3rd round).

Teams with similar records are ordered by SOS but then rotate in each round so in Indy, Chicago and Green Bay's case Indy goes first followed by Chicago and then Green Bay...in the next round Indy would move to last place between the three and the other two would move up one spot so it would be Chicago, Green Bay and then Indy. 3rd round would be Green Bay, Indy and Chicago.

yah I just read it off walterfootball without really reading the order

depends how much of a splash we make in free agency, if we get one of the top FA receivers then I'm all for pass rush with our top pick

if we finish in the top 12 i think elite tools pass rusher might be there for the taking...and probably makes the most sense...although i see us winning 2 of the last 4 buffalo and jax and who knows if the pats clinch a first round bye early they may give us the week 17 game also...

anyways unlike years in the past when i felt like we had no qb and we were best off losing i'm hoping that we win em all and i'll let the draft pick chip fall where it may...again though top 12 have to like the pass rush odds if all the high end guys come out

Who do you prefer? Not just DE, but any position?

You know how I feel about Bjoern Werner already and I know you don't exactly agree.

Excluding the DEs, it looks to me like the highest rated players in this draft (not necessarily by me) are going to be Matt Barkley, Geno Smith, Giovanni Bernard, Keenan Allen, Tyler Eifert, Chance Warmack, Luke Joeckel, Star Lotulelei, Manti Te'o, Jarvis Jones, Johnathan Banks, Dee Milliner and Matt Elam. Could possibly see Phillip Thomas sneak into that group in a discussion between GMs whether they prefer Thomas or Elam.

Who do you prefer? Not just DE, but any position?

You know how I feel about Bjoern Werner already and I know you don't exactly agree.

Excluding the DEs, it looks to me like the highest rated players in this draft (not necessarily by me) are going to be Matt Barkley, Geno Smith, Giovanni Bernard, Keenan Allen, Tyler Eifert, Chance Warmack, Luke Joeckel, Star Lotulelei, Manti Te'o, Jarvis Jones, Johnathan Banks, Dee Milliner and Matt Elam. Could possibly see Phillip Thomas sneak into that group in a discussion between GMs whether they prefer Thomas or Elam.
I can see two OT coming off the board in the top 10 between Philadelphia, San Diego and Arizona.

And if he comes out, I would be all over Demontre Moore in the draft.

I can see two OT coming off the board in the top 10 between Philadelphia, San Diego and Arizona.

And if he comes out, I would be all over Demontre Moore in the draft.

The need could be there for those offensive tackles, especially with San Diego.

Philadelphia is arguable just because Jason Peters may be hurt, but he's not dead. Arizona is arguable just because they need a quarterback so bad. Hard to say if Matt Barkley is their style, they seem to prefer the big-armed guys. Geno Smith may be more their cup of tea.

I think the rookie wage scale has pushed us a bit beyond the days where offensive tackles are pushed into the top 10 and top 5 just because they're the "safe" picks.

Back
Top Bottom