NFL draft order week 15

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by datruth55, Dec 18, 2012.

1. datruth55

datruth55 Starter

Edit: never mind SMadison29 has pointed out that what I've been posting is irrelevant and inaccurate so I will no longer post the draft order. Carry on.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2012
  2. SR 7

SR 7 Banned Hammered

Wow if we lose and the 5-6 teams below us win this weekend we slide from 13 downt o 6-7 range. that te'o RANGE MAKE IT HAPPEN MIAMI! LOSE OUT

3. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Premium Member

Thanks for the update.

I'm surprised that even winning another game we still are only at #13. I think the Dolphins have won their last game of the year though so that could travel up by the end.

4. datruth55

datruth55 Starter

I think we beat Buffalo this weekend.

5. SMadison29

SMadison29 What Sherman aspires to be

This order is not entirely accurate because it doesn't take into account the teams w/8-6 records that are currently in the playoffs.

18-Dallas
    19-Chicago
    20-Giants
    P 21-Bengals
    P 22-Rams (from Redskins)
    P 23-Vikings

6. datruth55

datruth55 Starter

We don't know who's in the playoffs yet so why account for them?

7. ticophin

ticophin Starter Donator

Lose out and have a shot at Werner, Te´o, or JJ? Or win against Buff and settle for Dion Jordan, Mingo, Keenan Allen, Vaccaro, or Milliner?

8. ticophin

ticophin Starter Donator

My preference? Lose out, and position ourselves better for a trade down, still picking up a stud pass rusher a-la- Dion Jordan with our 1st, and get a few extra picks...we need 2Wrs, TE, G, T (maybe), S, CB, G, LB depth...we can leave Radio City Music Hall with a bounty this year if we play our cards well!

9. datruth55

datruth55 Starter

They're not going to purposely lose out, if that was the case Andrew Luck would be a Dolphin right now...and not having the season he's having with Reggie Wayne, TY Hilton, Donnie Avery, Dwayne Allen and Coby Fleener...even with that crew he's completing less than 55% of his passes and has 18 INTs.

Anyway, we're not losing out on purpose to get a higher draft pick...Oh and since Jeff Ireland is picking you should put Luke Joeckel on your list if we do pick that high.

10. SMadison29

SMadison29 What Sherman aspires to be

Um, because it's an 'as of right now' draft order. As of right now those teams are in the playoffs. Regardless it doesn't effect us & will change.

11. Mile High Fin

Mile High Fin Pro Bowler

According to playoffstatus.com (as of this week), they project our draft order as follows:

0% 1-2
    <1% 3-6
    1% 7
    3% 8
    6% 9
    8% 10
    9% 11
    9% 12
    22% 13
    23% 14
    10% 15
    7% 16
    4% 17
    <1% 18 or higher

This takes into account everyone's projected SOS, and likely ending season records....

You're welcome....

12. datruth55

datruth55 Starter

OK well, as of right now no one is picking in the draft so everyone disregard my post.

13. ckparrothead

We will not have a shot at Werner or Te'o even if we lose out the season, IMO. We could have a shot at Jarvis Jones if we want him, though.

14. silverfin

silverfin FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

If Jarvis Jones is there when we pick then it's a no brainer IMO.

15. ckparrothead

Perhaps. I've seen a lot of people alluding to medical history which could be problematic on him. I'm not particularly well researched on his medical history but that would be a concern.

I like Jarvis Jones. But physically he's not that impressive from a size or athletic standpoint. I think he bullied around some offensive linemen at the college level that he won't get to bully around at the pro level. I think he's a real linebacker at the pro level and at that point you have to consider how he would fit in Miami's defense and what we would have him doing, whether he can have a big marginal impact over the player(s) he'd be replacing.

Maybe this could end up being one of those guys I liked and end up regretting that I wasn't so excited as to prioritize them...but at the same time, I watch him play and I think of a lot of different options I'd rather go with. But then, a lot of those options won't be available when Miami picks. So it's an interesting question.

16. hoops

hoops exited stage left

you're not "settling" for anything if barkevious mingo falls in your lap...i'd pass on jarvis jones even at #15...not physically gifted enough as an edge rusher

17. MiamiDolphin618

MiamiDolphin618 A True Fan

If ya want guys with elite tools...I think Mingo, Jordan, and Ansah are probably the type of guy your looking for. I like Mingo as well...but Ansah is growing on me more and more as well.

18. hoops

hoops exited stage left

jordans a 34 olb...he does have elite tools though as far as get off and explosion...but he needs to play standing up as much as possible...i'd like jordan more if i was a 34 team...his rush arsenal very limited right now...still he's got the explosion and movement skills that you covet in the top 20...

none of these guys upside though touches mingos...

19. j-off-her-doll

j-off-her-doll FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Agree with you about Jordan, hoops. I'm thinking Pittsburgh for Jordan.

20. DKphin

DKphin A True Fan Donator

Read more:http://espn.go.com/college-football...s-jones-long-journey-back-field-espn-magazine

Plus he had an ankle this year.

21. ticophin

ticophin Starter Donator

The ONLY choice where I have no regrets if we adress it early, and twice down the draft, is WR...Why? Casuse Safeties and LBs are cramming the line, hurting our running game, minimizing the possibility of our TEs to stretch the seam, crowding the middle of the field for RT to move ahead and throw when hurried...Somebody, and somebody good and fast must take some pressure away from them and take them for a ride. Wallace is a pipe dream, highly unlikely...but if we don´t adress the WR position, generously, our whole Offensive outpuor hurts...I´d try to negotiate with big Jake too, thats an extra hole that I´m hoping we don´t need to fill (we´re not deep at the position anyway)

22. SR 7

SR 7 Banned Hammered

If we lose out and teams win below us we even 1 game I believe we sit at the 6-7 spot, I think Te'o goes 4-6, MAYBE 7.

23. 2413fanphins

2413fanphins A True Fan

If this team has a chance to draft bjoern werner and doesn't i will ****ing lose it.