Nfl Europe--any Fins that will make the team? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nfl Europe--any Fins that will make the team?

valleskey

I am a large human
Reaction score
SSIA

just wondering, cause I remember last year when the DL Williams had like 9 sacks and the WR's were damn near dominate (Newson and Baker) and then they came to camp and did nothing. It can't be easy after playing 10 or so weeks and then come to Miami in the middle of the summer and lace em' up again. So any legitimate contenders for roster spots?

Bellamy?, Henry (INJ?) Roundtree?

Geoff in WI

I'll put my two cents in alphabetically:

Ron Bellamy-He's doing a solid job in NFLE but unspectacular. If he makes the team it will likely be on the expanded practice squad. Big IF given our WR's.

Nick Davis-NFLE IR, unlikely to be ready to play at all this year. A shame too because he had a chance to compete at the return spot.

Brenden Givan-Leading his team in tackles and more importantly special team tackles. If he any gas left in his tank after ten games he could be in the back-up LB competition. Possible practice squader.

Leonard Henry-While currently injured, the injury should not, according to all accounts, keep him out of camp. He was the third RB last year and is probably the odds on favorite to at least retain that spot. Since he is bigger than Minor, I think he would be the more likely replacement for Williams long term if Ricky, Heaven forbid, were to miss a game. Minor would retain the change of pace/third down back slot on the roster. He also plays special teams.

Carl Morris-Despite being the new "featured" player for the Phins ijn Europe. (I liked Davis' diary notes better) I watched hiom drop two easy makeable catches yesterday. He is a long shot at best.

Alphonso Roundtree-The fifth CB spot is open and the competition seems to boil down to Roundtree and Korey Banks at this time. Mesene Louisador and Kevin Millhouse are long shots at best. Given the way we have done roster spots in the past, I would expect the winner of the battle to get the fifth CB spot and the loser to be on the practice squad.

Clint Stoerner-Barring an injury he too will be watching from the seats as a member of the practice squad. One of the reasons the Phins looked at him last year and then signed him is that while he has a fair amount of pro experiance he is eligible for the PS and thus provides depth and insurance.

The only NFLE player that has a legit chance of making the team is Leonard Henry. I also think Alphonso Roundtree has a "good" chance of making the team but must beat out Korey Banks. Roundtree is more of a physical CB than Banks which will help hm in the competition. I expect Banks, Carl Morris and may be Brendan Givan to make the PS. I think Givan could be a decent player in the league but he would be in expense of Derrick Pope's place on the expanded PS (who I like a whole lot). Clint Stoerner (if he still qualifies) should be placed on the expanded PS. As far as the rest of the PS roster I would like to see:
1. WR Carl Morris
2. QB Clint Stoerner (if still qualifies)
3. CB Korey Banks (winner out of the roundtree/banks battle)
4. FB Doug Easlick/Ben Moa
5. LB Derrick Pope (if he shows more than givan)
6. RB Fred Russell (if he doesn't make the 53 man roster)
7. WR Ronald Bellamy (or Ben Moa)
8. DE/DT Tony Brown (if he doesn't make the team and doesn't get picked up)

Back
Top Bottom