NFL free agent Kirk Cousins vs. Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill: Who’s better? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL free agent Kirk Cousins vs. Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill: Who’s better?

They will tell you it’s nothing but pocket presence

For the Dolphins a QB just has to be present in the pocket.

"they" should count RB hits behind the line of scrimmage as sacks, maybe then there will be questions asked as to why the OLine, with so many resources thrown at it, sucks.

What gets left out is how much difference play calling can make in sack totals.

If you are behind the sticks and constantly hang your qb out to dry as a play caller he’s gonna take hits and sacks.

Adam Gase does a good job of limiting that.

Cousins has enjoyed some pretty good play calling as well in Washington not to mention doesn’t have the muscle memory of years of when I climb tbe pocket I’m walking right into immediate interior pressure.

Among other things

There is talk the Redskins could still franchise Cousins and trade him to the highest bidder.

Would doing that create a better trade deal for Washington?...If so, it seems like a win/win for them...no trades they still have a QB familiar with their system and can compete...trade?...not sure of the compensation

There’s nothing win win about having $60 mil worth of qb on your books.

They tag him they have to trade him and will be taking lower compensation in the process

Although I’m not sure how the cap hit aspect of things would go

Looks to me like trying to land a 3rd round pick or something. I can’t see anyone taking on cousins for one year and $30 mil at the tag # have to be an extension which would lower skins trade return

As a free agent depending on the years in the terms he might get Andrew luck money.

At minimum he’s probably gonna command a 5 year probably 75 percent guaranteed pact

Sweet, we get a bonus Cousins vs Tannehill thread this month.

Well you guys keep moving stuff to the draft forum when basically that’s all the fan base has to look forward to so people have time to come up with stupid filler **** like this comps for tannehill

Throwing nothing but numbers in a vacuum as justification. If they provide anything at all.

Kind of doing it to yourselves ha ha

Cousins could delay any trade by not signing the tender. It is a gamble for the team that as Hoops said they could be on the hook for a lot of cap space just to get some draft picks in return. Adam Schefter broke it down.

There’s nothing win win about having $60 mil worth of qb on your books.

They tag him they have to trade him and will be taking lower compensation in the process

Although I’m not sure how the cap hit aspect of things would go

Looks to me like trying to land a 3rd round pick or something. I can’t see anyone taking on cousins for one year and $30 mil at the tag # have to be an extension which would lower skins trade return

As a free agent depending on the years in the terms he might get Andrew luck money.

At minimum he’s probably gonna command a 5 year probably 75 percent guaranteed pact
On top of everything you covered, allow me to fill in the finer points.

Kirk Cousins franchise tag will be valued at 34 million this year. All of it guaranteed. He would not hesitate to sign right then and there.

If a team were to trade for him He. would use that # as the minimum he should receive in an extemsion. Throwing his contract value in the stratosphere.

This as you mentioned would be a foolish move by the redskins as it would cripple their cap.

On top of that the CBA only covers the tags for three years. There is no rule saying they can't franchise him a tough time (worth 49 mil). But they may not be able to.

So if a team were to trade for cousins they would not have the franchise option (like SF with Jimmy g) and could be paying a guy 34 million to lose him the next year.

LOL at the Redskins

I learned this on twitter. I take no credit

Cousins is dumb if he doesn’t go to Denver. He’s a solid qb he makes them a legit contender again provided they add a few oline pieces and a dynamic back. They can ride the defense and work off pa

He’d make the jets better too.

Same thing Ryan Tannehill would do for both if he ended up with either.

Competent qb play is a game changer. Cousins has proven to make mistakes in the clutch that Ryan Tannehill has not however and Ryan’s contract is miles better than the terms cousins is about to sign for

Of course one is currently healthy and the other wants to be so there’s that too.

RT is a better QB than Cousins IMHO.

If Shanahan had coached RT he would be a MUCH better QB by now.

RT has had to deal with the learning curve of being an NFL QB and of having been shackled by poor coaches most of his pro career.

That said, Foles is probably better than both those guys.

RT is a better QB than Cousins IMHO.

If Shanahan had coached RT he would be a MUCH better QB by now.

RT has had to deal with the learning curve of being an NFL QB and of having been shackled by poor coaches most of his pro career.

That said, Foles is probably better than both those guys.

With you all the way to that last line. New England takes away those rpos and foles is gonna suck donkey nuts tonight. They aren’t qb designed run rpos but they are still rpos.

If they gonna run the same stuff vs the pats they ran vs those teams in the postseason to get there qb ask wise belichick is gonna shut it down

Doug Peterson better be hiding something.

Philly d better show up tonight in a big way

With you all the way to that last line. New England takes away those rpos and foles is gonna suck donkey nuts tonight

If they gonna run the same stuff vs the pats they ran vs those teams in the postseason to get there qb ask wise belichick is gonna shut it down

Philly d better show up tonight in a big way

Their D is good. It's better than their Offense.

They are well coached and have good players.

I'm not sure if they can handle gronk though.

Even if they play the perfect game they will lose is my feeling.

Their D is good. It's better than their Offense.

They are well coached and have good players.

I'm not sure if they can handle gronk though.

Even if they play the perfect game they will lose is my feeling.

No one can handle gronk...they have to hit Brady with the front 4. We will see if that d travels

If they don’t hit him he will murder the lb level with those slot skill set WRs

And you can set your watch to New England getting away with multiple illegal shifts for not being set a full second at the snap.

Last edited:
Well you guys keep moving stuff to the draft forum when basically that’s all the fan base has to look forward to so people have time to come up with stupid filler **** like this comps for tannehill

Throwing nothing but numbers in a vacuum as justification. If they provide anything at all.

Kind of doing it to yourselves ha ha
The draft is still a few months away, we haven't hit the window yet for draft discussions in the main. Still have pre free agency signings/cuts, first wave of free agency, more cuts, a Dolphins player arrest, 2nd wave of free agency, more cuts/trades then draft. So there is plenty of discussion to be had in the time before we go full on discussion of hundreds of collegiate players where less than 1 percent actually become a Dolphin. Personally speaking, draft discussions are the most boring and over analyzed topics on here.

Back
Top Bottom