NFL Gregg Rosenthal says Ireland looks desperate | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Gregg Rosenthal says Ireland looks desperate

Dolfan Dave

Active Roster
Reaction score
I think there was some pressure to show that the Phins are able to attract popular 'name' guys. And the ones he landed are nice athletes.

And if he missed on Wallace and didn't go after an Ellerbe or a Wheeler, he'd be getting killed by everyone. Ireland can't win in the eyes of some people.

He got younger and better at lb and signed the best available player to a fair contract. [removed by Mod]

Last edited by a moderator:
He probably is desperate, and he did buy high, but that doesn't change the fact all moves he made today make us a far better team.

More athletic at LB is probably a counter to the mobile QBs and the read option.

It seemed like we'd get killed by a long QB run ever game and hopefully speed at LB can help change that.

I like the aggressiveness. However, one concern is going from cap heaven to cap hell in 2-3 years. Lok at Hartline who has a backloaded deal with only a reported 2.5m cap hit this year. Same with Wallace and others. I am slightly concerned that Ireland was so prudent in his first few years is just saying to hell with it- win now or I lose the job, and who cares about the cap situation in 2 years.

Who.cares what these clowns say. Truth is we are getting better at most positions so far and getting younger both positives . Plus his argument was both the players have played very good but not for a long time as if.thats a bad thing to bring in young talent with upsides.witbout having to gamble.on the draft. Signing players who have proved they belong in this league to good contract$ its not a bad thing just because a few dumb announcers dont get it

Is it not the point of free agency to fill holes that you desperately need filled? There's a reason why every single year a new benchmark is set on price tags. Teams need players.

I like the aggressiveness. However, one concern is going from cap heaven to cap hell in 2-3 years. Lok at Hartline who has a backloaded deal with only a reported 2.5m cap hit this year. Same with Wallace and others. I am slightly concerned that Ireland was so prudent in his first few years is just saying to hell with it- win now or I lose the job, and who cares about the cap situation in 2 years.

I think they'll be able to restructure those guys. Also who cares cross that bridge when you get there.

It is the absolute truth. This off season has the beginnings of a miserable debacle.

And I'm desperate to see the team win, Rosenthal's point? I feel Ireland did a good job getting the players he wanted out of the gate.

The bigger risk here was failing to improve Miami for 2013 and I think he's gone leagues to prevent that failure, though some shrewd moves are still required, as CB, DE, and OL are surely in need of NFL caliber upgrades.
Wallace's relative youth makes that deal palatable, as he still has years of spring in his step ahead barring the kind of injuries that could lame anyone. Not only that, but you've cleared almost every hurdle necessary to truly evaluate your starting QB moving into the future. No more excuses, unless you totally fan on improving the O-Line.

Back
Top Bottom