NFL Network : Even with Peyton Manning, Dolphins aren't the best team in the AFC East | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Network : Even with Peyton Manning, Dolphins aren't the best team in the AFC East

That is so true, we need to draft our QB, we need luck not that luck just luck, move up for RG3 i think not.we need to keep Matt for i
more year and go all out for Barkley next year.............

That is so true, we need to draft our QB, we need luck not that luck just luck, move up for RG3 i think not.we need to keep Matt for i
more year and go all out for Barkley next year.............[/QUOT

If Manning(hypothetical) can play like he could be the injury, we would be better than the Pats IMHO.
The Pats have no outside receivers and their pass defense cannot stop Brandon Marshall.
We did a good job slowing them down in the 2nd game up in Foxboro. Getting pressure on Brady is the key to beating the Patriots. When he is roughed up, his game is not as precise. The Giants played him perfectly.
We can play them the same way IMHO. If we go with a DE or OLB in the draft for better pass rush, it is because we can never have enough pressure.
The NFL network loves the Patriots.

Holy crap, give me some of that kool aid you're drinking. We were 0-7 at one point last year and haven't had a winning record in 3 years. As long as TB is with the Pats with Welker and their two tight ends, the fins will have to prove they can beat the pats heads up twice in a season before any of us can say we have the better team.

Holy crap, give me some of that kool aid you're drinking. We were 0-7 at one point last year and haven't had a winning record in 3 years. As long as TB is with the Pats with Welker and their two tight ends, the fins will have to prove they can beat the pats heads up twice in a season before any of us can say we have the better team.

:lol: Lol at the reason why. He said the Dolphins are cursed, and it seems like whoever goes to Miami ends up playing like A.J Feeley. Maybe that is becasue every QB we have brought in the last 10 years ( with the exception of Pennington) has been A.J feeley type QBs.

Brian Greiese
Joey Harrington
Ray Lucas
Cleo Lemon
Gus Frerrotte
A broken Culpepper
A washed up Green

The list goes on and on.

We haven't had consistent QB play in years. A QB as good as Manning (Fully recovered) would vastly improve this team. I'm not going to say the offense would automatically be better than the Pats, but the gap would not be as big as the gap is between their D and our D.

So this is the same network that says we should start Matt Moore next year...

love my fins as much as the next homer, but we are nowhere near the pats, even with Manning.

Not true at all, in both games this year we competed with them right until the end, in the first game henne torched their defense but our own defense was not in football shape and got smoked, and the second game we were up 17-0 with matt moore and blew the lead, with a real upgrade at QB and better leadership from the coach we can be right their with the Pats, plus Brady is in the twilight of his career and has a small window left and they wont be the same ol' pats forever.

Yes, it really hurt us with Barkley not coming out this year. I liked him the best of possible QB's

The Dolphins are closer to the Pats than what most think. A healthy Peyton, on this team, is better than the Pats. Also, i hate to tell you guys this, but the Pats could have nearly any average starting QB in the league and still compete at a high level. I'm not concerned about Brady...it's BB and his coaching/cheating skills that I worry about.

:lol: Lol at the reason why. He said the Dolphins are cursed, and it seems like whoever goes to Miami ends up playing like A.J Feeley. Maybe that is becasue every QB we have brought in the last 10 years ( with the exception of Pennington) has been A.J feeley type QBs.

Brian Greiese
Joey Harrington
Ray Lucas
Cleo Lemon
Gus Frerrotte
A broken Culpepper
A washed up Green

The list goes on and on.

We haven't had consistent QB play in years. A QB as good as Manning (Fully recovered) would vastly improve this team. I'm not going to say the offense would automatically be better than the Pats, but the gap would not be as big as the gap is between their D and our D.
I disagree with the knock on Gus Frerrotte, he played with a lot of heart and was pretty darn good. shame he got pushed out when he did.

I love my Dolphins but till we beat them, they're the better team......that could change real fast with ALL the right moves but we can't sit here and say that if we have this player or that player we'd be better than they are.First we have to get those players and then go out on the field and actually win the games.

Ozzy rules!!

Not true at all, in both games this year we competed with them right until the end, in the first game henne torched their defense but our own defense was not in football shape and got smoked, and the second game we were up 17-0 with matt moore and blew the lead, with a real upgrade at QB and better leadership from the coach we can be right their with the Pats, plus Brady is in the twilight of his career and has a small window left and they wont be the same ol' pats forever.

In both games, with Henne and Moore, we scored enough points to win. It was the defense that caved in at the end. We just could not get to Brady to stop their rally. The ONLY way to stop the Patriots is to stop Brady.

We need to have a dominating dline, and pass rushers to beat their tackles.
Manning may help score another TD or two, but it all starts with pressure on Brady.

We have the the right combination of players right now to beat the Jets and Bills regularly IMHO. Adding more pass rush will stop them even better.

Back
Top Bottom