NFL Network : Even with Peyton Manning, Dolphins aren't the best team in the AFC East

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by chrispepper, Feb 11, 2012.

Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
  1. chrispepper

chrispepper Well-Known Member

2. ROADRUNNER

ROADRUNNER FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

That is so true, we need to draft our QB, we need luck not that luck just luck, move up for RG3 i think not.we need to keep Matt for i
    more year and go all out for Barkley next year.............

3. LANGER72

LANGER72 A True Fan

4. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Rookie

I love my fins as much as the next homer, but we are nowhere near the pats, even with Manning.

5. lynxdolfan

lynxdolfan Well-Known Member

That's bull. Outside of their thigh ends and QB, we are the better team.

6. steveo style

steveo style Scout Team Donator

Holy crap, give me some of that kool aid you're drinking. We were 0-7 at one point last year and haven't had a winning record in 3 years. As long as TB is with the Pats with Welker and their two tight ends, the fins will have to prove they can beat the pats heads up twice in a season before any of us can say we have the better team.

7. The New Guy

The New Guy Starter

:lol: Lol at the reason why. He said the Dolphins are cursed, and it seems like whoever goes to Miami ends up playing like A.J Feeley. Maybe that is becasue every QB we have brought in the last 10 years ( with the exception of Pennington) has been A.J feeley type QBs.

Brian Greiese
    Joey Harrington
    Ray Lucas
    Cleo Lemon
    Gus Frerrotte
    A broken Culpepper
    A washed up Green

The list goes on and on.

We haven't had consistent QB play in years. A QB as good as Manning (Fully recovered) would vastly improve this team. I'm not going to say the offense would automatically be better than the Pats, but the gap would not be as big as the gap is between their D and our D.

8. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin Playoffs Moderator Finheaven VIP

that was a waste of time

9. jgpence17

jgpence17 All-Star

So this is the same network that says we should start Matt Moore next year...

10. phinatic1399

phinatic1399 Diehard Phinatic!

Not true at all, in both games this year we competed with them right until the end, in the first game henne torched their defense but our own defense was not in football shape and got smoked, and the second game we were up 17-0 with matt moore and blew the lead, with a real upgrade at QB and better leadership from the coach we can be right their with the Pats, plus Brady is in the twilight of his career and has a small window left and they wont be the same ol' pats forever.

11. PBay Fin Fan

PBay Fin Fan Well-Known Member

Yes, it really hurt us with Barkley not coming out this year. I liked him the best of possible QB's

12. ChrisHanson

ChrisHanson Well-Known Member

The Dolphins are closer to the Pats than what most think. A healthy Peyton, on this team, is better than the Pats. Also, i hate to tell you guys this, but the Pats could have nearly any average starting QB in the league and still compete at a high level. I'm not concerned about Brady...it's BB and his coaching/cheating skills that I worry about.

13. Wildbill3

Wildbill3 Misery Loves Company Administrator Finheaven VIP

I disagree with the knock on Gus Frerrotte, he played with a lot of heart and was pretty darn good. shame he got pushed out when he did.

14. Danny

Danny FinHeaven VIP

I love my Dolphins but till we beat them, they're the better team......that could change real fast with ALL the right moves but we can't sit here and say that if we have this player or that player we'd be better than they are.First we have to get those players and then go out on the field and actually win the games.

Ozzy rules!!

15. LANGER72

LANGER72 A True Fan

In both games, with Henne and Moore, we scored enough points to win. It was the defense that caved in at the end. We just could not get to Brady to stop their rally. The ONLY way to stop the Patriots is to stop Brady.

We need to have a dominating dline, and pass rushers to beat their tackles.
    Manning may help score another TD or two, but it all starts with pressure on Brady.

We have the the right combination of players right now to beat the Jets and Bills regularly IMHO. Adding more pass rush will stop them even better.

16. BigNastyDB13

BigNastyDB13 A True Fan

Agreed. That system is a large part of Brady's success. Look what they did when Brady got hurt with Cassell at QB. Put Brady on the Browns and he's an average QB without a boatload of time to throw and little 5 yard dink and dunks that turn into 10 yard plays.

17. ChrisHanson

Exactly! I just don't see Brady being able to carry a team the way some of the all time greats did. Brady is a HoF QB....but along the lines of an Aikman or Bradshaw and not a Marino or Unitas.

18. The New Guy

The New Guy Starter

I really liked Frerrote with us in 05, but he was really not anything more than a journeyman QB to me. He finished the year with a 52% completion percentage, 18 TDs and 13 Ints.

19. Jamaicankid21

Jamaicankid21 A True Fan

According to NFL Network, the Eagles were the best team in that division after all the acquisitions and would be a serious threat.

I guess thats why you play the games.

20. finfan54

finfan54 A True Fan Donator

they dont want manning to go to miami. its that simple. they dont want to talk about miami in any serious sense of the word.

bottom line, pats are team to beat. we beat them, end of story. talk is for losers and fools.

21. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

if thats all they had better than us we should be better than them. A team is the sum of its parts not this position is beter than this position and NE is a much better team.

22. ckparrothead

ckparrothead Premium Member

The NFL Network wasn't very far off the mark. The Eagles finished 8-8 to the Giants' 9-7 and Philadelphia was red hot at the end of the season, finishing 4-0 and outscoring their opponents 125 to 46. If things broke a certain way, a ball bounces a little differently, it could have been the Eagles hoisting that Super Bowl trophy.

23. utahphinsfan

utahphinsfan Puck Fitzburgh

Me: Even with Sparano, the jest are not a legitimate offense.

Seriously, who f-n cares?

24. Lilseb93

Lilseb93 This Is My House

The media always hates Miami. What else is new?

25. z0eboy

z0eboy Well-Known Member

You make no sense, this logic can apply for any team in the NFC East.

26. jlfin

jlfin old pro

Your post suggests that the Pats are a historically elite team. That is a ridiculous assumption because both the Pats and Giants were seriously flawed teams that wouldn't even rank among the top 30 SB teams.
    The Pats (and Giants) were somewhat fortunate to get to the SB to begin with. I still feel that the Packers (when healthy) and the Saints (and possibly 49'ers) are better than both of them and would beat them 7 out of 10 times.
    Make no mistake, the Pats roster has as many holes (if not more) than the Phins. A good QB and HC can cover up a lot of deficiencies.
    The Phins lost 38-24 and 27-24 to the Pats. Are you suggesting that a healthy Manning and improved coaching wouldn't have closed that gap?

27. jlfin

jlfin old pro

Very true. Winning a SB requires a little luck. The Packers looked unbeatable through 3/4's of the season, but injuries took their toll. The Eagles were probably the most dangerous team in the league the last 4 weeks.

28. wisefin

wisefin Active Member

Its not about individual talent or specific player stats that shine on paper. Its about team. That's what determines who's better. Patriots have been successful because they all are on one accord when it comes to having a team first culture. Inspiration and belief in a superstar athlete like Peyton Manning could surely bring about this mentality. Along with coach Philbin and staff.

29. z0eboy

z0eboy Well-Known Member

all these speculation threads are depressing, hind site is really 20/20. :rolleyes2:

30. CalDolFan10x14

CalDolFan10x14 Your QB for the next 10 years. Finheaven VIP Donator

:lol: He makes a lot more sense than you've been making lately.

31. z0eboy

z0eboy Well-Known Member

Okay :rolleyes2:

32. ChrisHanson

Much better coached team.

33. The New Guy

The New Guy Starter

Maybe I am being biased, but if we had a healthy Manning, I don't think NE is the better team. There is only offense, defense and specials teams. Do you think their D is better than ours? Special teams? I know their O is much better, but the QB position can make or break a team. Look what the Colts did without Manning.

34. BlueFin

BlueFin Seer of Visions Finheaven VIP

One man's opinion........................nothing more!

35. kloud_9

kloud_9 Well-Known Member

I think everyone is undervaluing a franchise qb...we have a better all around "talent" than everyone in the afc east,we are just missing a qb.all of the teams have holes...pats secondary sucks,jets only have one reciever and no pass rushers and the bills are the bills...a RT,FS and a pass rusher are some things we could use,but with someone like manning "if" healthy.hell you probably wouldn't even notice those holes we have.

36. Bonedoc7777

Bonedoc7777 Perennial All-Pro

dont thinks the pats are that great, should have spilt this year, defense is not very good and brady is getting older

37. chrispepper

chrispepper Well-Known Member

Gotta love the reasoning behind Wyche's answer... Dolphins free agent qb acquisations have sucked since dan marino, so therefore Peyton will suck as well :lol:

38. bigvince75

bigvince75 Well-Known Member

the patriots have the better oline, NT and slot receiver. The Dolphins have better DEs and one better OLB than the patriots. Other than that the remaining units are evenly matched in my opinion.

39. EmperorPhin

EmperorPhin Scout Team

You guys do know that the pats did not beat a single team with a winning record in the regular season

40. bigvince75

The Patriots and Dolphins played essentially the same schedule and Miami went 6-10. what's your point?

41. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

Maybe his point is that we had Sparano and also Henne starting the first 4 games.. yet still managed to end up on a 6-3 run even without Peyton??

42. Mr772

Mr772 Pro Bowler

43. russianbear

russianbear A True Fan

:lol2::lol2::lol2: 5 Superbowl appearances in 11 years? I think it's a pretty damn accurate assumption. Not saying the talent gap is necessarily huge, but c'mon...

44. Mr772

Mr772 Pro Bowler

I can't agree with this at all. As groups we have better Corners, WR's, D Line, Linebackers, runningbacks. The cheatriots do have a better QB, O Line, TE's.

The think that is being discounted is that if you have a healthy Peyton we are going to get much better production out of our WR's, TE's, RB's, O Line. Peyton is that type of player, he elevates the play of everyone around him much like Brady does for the pats.

45. Mr772

Mr772 Pro Bowler

I guess it depends on your understanding of historic, Are you 14 years old?? After Disqualifying the Cheatriots from all the games they won through cheating I don't think they would have much of a history worth talking about.

46. Adam Strange

Adam Strange Question Authority Finheaven VIP

Yawn. Once again the Dolphins are the undisputed best team in the division before the game are played.

Unfortunately for them, once the season begins, somehow those less-talented Patriots have managed to win 9 of the last 11 division titles, 5 of the last 11 AFC championships, and 3 of the last 11 Super Bowls. Not to mention the fact that the vastly less-talented Patriots have also beaten the Dolphins 6 out of the last 8 tries, including two consecutive season sweeps.

But, hey, who cares about what actually happens on the field when the Dolphins are just so much more talented. I guess now that Sparano's gone we can blame everything on him and feel better about it. Until the season starts that is . . . .

47. thefranchisedef

thefranchisedef A True Fan

LMFAO... people should actually watch football. Then you'll see that Miami has a good team. They are just missing a quarterback. Theres a reason why we finished the season 6-3 and would of beat those pats if not for crazy amounts of injuries in that week 16 game.

48. Lilseb93

Lilseb93 This Is My House

The Pats have something that the Dolphins haven't had in a long time, a winning franchise QB. It doesn't matter how many holes their team has, Brady will always keep them as an elite team.

49. bigvince75

The Phins have better DE's but Wilfork is a better NT than Soliai and can play end in the 3-4 as well. I don't see any real talent gap between Dansby-Burnett an Mayo-Spikes. Mayo and Dansby are very similar players and Spikes was playing well when he was on the field; he was on pace to break 100 tackles before he got injured and he had a very strong post-season. Wake is a better pass-rusher/OLB than any of the Patriots' pass-rushers but Anderson/Carter/Ninkovich were a solid unit and each of them are better than Misi. The Phins had 42 sacks this past season while the Patriots had 40.

I can give you the Corners because Arrington and McCourty were up and down all season, but I don't think the Phins have an advantage at safety. Chung is better than Jones/Culver and Bell is on his last legs.

50. jlfin

jlfin old pro

I didn't realize that the Bruschi, Harrison, McGinest, Law, Samuel, Vrabel were on their current roster. Silly me.
    You made a fool of yourself with your response. Anyone with half a brain could see that I was referring to their CURRENT roster. I believe we are talking about the 2012 upcoming season aren't we? Time to get with the present wiseguy