NFL Network : Even with Peyton Manning, Dolphins aren't the best team in the AFC East | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Network : Even with Peyton Manning, Dolphins aren't the best team in the AFC East

The Dolphins are closer to the Pats than what most think. A healthy Peyton, on this team, is better than the Pats. Also, i hate to tell you guys this, but the Pats could have nearly any average starting QB in the league and still compete at a high level. I'm not concerned about Brady...it's BB and his coaching/cheating skills that I worry about.
Agreed. That system is a large part of Brady's success. Look what they did when Brady got hurt with Cassell at QB. Put Brady on the Browns and he's an average QB without a boatload of time to throw and little 5 yard dink and dunks that turn into 10 yard plays.

Agreed. That system is a large part of Brady's success. Look what they did when Brady got hurt with Cassell at QB. Put Brady on the Browns and he's an average QB without a boatload of time to throw and little 5 yard dink and dunks that turn into 10 yard plays.
Exactly! I just don't see Brady being able to carry a team the way some of the all time greats did. Brady is a HoF QB....but along the lines of an Aikman or Bradshaw and not a Marino or Unitas.

I disagree with the knock on Gus Frerrotte, he played with a lot of heart and was pretty darn good. shame he got pushed out when he did.

I really liked Frerrote with us in 05, but he was really not anything more than a journeyman QB to me. He finished the year with a 52% completion percentage, 18 TDs and 13 Ints.

According to NFL Network, the Eagles were the best team in that division after all the acquisitions and would be a serious threat.

I guess thats why you play the games.

they dont want manning to go to miami. its that simple. they dont want to talk about miami in any serious sense of the word.

bottom line, pats are team to beat. we beat them, end of story. talk is for losers and fools.

That's bull. Outside of their thigh ends and QB, we are the better team.

if thats all they had better than us we should be better than them. A team is the sum of its parts not this position is beter than this position and NE is a much better team.

According to NFL Network, the Eagles were the best team in that division after all the acquisitions and would be a serious threat.

I guess thats why you play the games.

The NFL Network wasn't very far off the mark. The Eagles finished 8-8 to the Giants' 9-7 and Philadelphia was red hot at the end of the season, finishing 4-0 and outscoring their opponents 125 to 46. If things broke a certain way, a ball bounces a little differently, it could have been the Eagles hoisting that Super Bowl trophy.

The NFL Network wasn't very far off the mark. The Eagles finished 8-8 to the Giants' 9-7 and Philadelphia was red hot at the end of the season, finishing 4-0 and outscoring their opponents 125 to 46. If things broke a certain way, a ball bounces a little differently, it could have been the Eagles hoisting that Super Bowl trophy.
You make no sense, this logic can apply for any team in the NFC East.

I love my fins as much as the next homer, but we are nowhere near the pats, even with Manning.

Your post suggests that the Pats are a historically elite team. That is a ridiculous assumption because both the Pats and Giants were seriously flawed teams that wouldn't even rank among the top 30 SB teams.
The Pats (and Giants) were somewhat fortunate to get to the SB to begin with. I still feel that the Packers (when healthy) and the Saints (and possibly 49'ers) are better than both of them and would beat them 7 out of 10 times.
Make no mistake, the Pats roster has as many holes (if not more) than the Phins. A good QB and HC can cover up a lot of deficiencies.
The Phins lost 38-24 and 27-24 to the Pats. Are you suggesting that a healthy Manning and improved coaching wouldn't have closed that gap?

Very true. Winning a SB requires a little luck. The Packers looked unbeatable through 3/4's of the season, but injuries took their toll. The Eagles were probably the most dangerous team in the league the last 4 weeks.

Its not about individual talent or specific player stats that shine on paper. Its about team. That's what determines who's better. Patriots have been successful because they all are on one accord when it comes to having a team first culture. Inspiration and belief in a superstar athlete like Peyton Manning could surely bring about this mentality. Along with coach Philbin and staff.

all these speculation threads are depressing, hind site is really 20/20. :rolleyes2:

Back
Top Bottom