NFL officially moves NFL Draft to May | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL officially moves NFL Draft to May

I like the three day draft, I just wish it was the 1st & 2nd rounds on the first night, 3rd & 4th on the second night, & the rest on the last day.

I like the three day draft, I just wish it was the 1st & 2nd rounds on the first night, 3rd & 4th on the second night, & the rest on the last day.

Yeah the first two rounds on Opening Night would be great....but it would probably last 5-6 hours if they did this. Nobody would probably tune in for Day Two to watch the third round and later? :chuckle: I guess waiting 3-4 more weeks will be ok, but it just seems like forever from when the Superbowl ends until the draft starts. They should maybe have an NFL developmental league from February through August to give rookies, free agents and undrafted guys a chance to become NFL ready, and give us fans something to watch besides baseball, basketball and hockey.

I agree the old Saturday/Sunday drafts were the best. The prime time move was just a move for advertising money. I'm not a fan of moving it back 2 weeks. Why?

The draft needs to head the other direction. I don't know why they're trying to make the coverage compete with the NBA Playoffs. Seems silly.

There is already a long enough stretch in the NFL with no news to speak of. Now you drag out that period between free agency and the draft even more. NASCAR ****ed around with its venue to the point that I can barely watch it anymore. Parity ruined NASACAR and parity and revenue stream are ruining the NFL.

The NHL, NBA, NASCAR and MLB all need to shorten the season, it seems like there is one continual season anymore and the NFL seems to want to follow that path of endlessness. Soon there will be 18 games and 2 pre-season games, then 4 pres-season games and 18 regular games plus one bye week, then two bye weeks again. If they expand the divisions by one team each (4 new teams) you now end up with one extra week of playoffs and on and on and on.

Before we know it the Super Bowl will be in late February. I'm not so sure moving this draft back isn't part of a bigger road-map already laid our by the NFL and owners for more revenue by expanding the market time by increasing the overall length of the season.

There is already a long enough stretch in the NFL with no news to speak of. Now you drag out that period between free agency and the draft even more. NASCAR ****ed around with its venue to the point that I can barely watch it anymore. Parity ruined NASACAR and parity and revenue stream are ruining the NFL.

The NHL, NBA, NASCAR and MLB all need to shorten the season, it seems like there is one continual season anymore and the NFL seems to want to follow that path of endlessness. Soon there will be 18 games and 2 pre-season games, then 4 pres-season games and 18 regular games plus one bye week, then two bye weeks again. If they expand the divisions by one team each (4 new teams) you now end up with one extra week of playoffs and on and on and on.

Before we know it the Super Bowl will be in late February. I'm not so sure moving this draft back isn't part of a bigger road-map already laid our by the NFL and owners for more revenue by expanding the market time by increasing the overall length of the season.

Not to nitpick but 4 only accounts for one conference. It would be 8 teams overall. I agree with what you said tho it's getting a little ridiculous now. I really don't think I need the extra 2 weeks even if I feel like I can't wait for football. The anticipation is part of the overall enjoyment. If you have something too much you appreciate it a lot less.

wow not a fan of this in any way.what do we gain by waiting 2 more weeks.or should the real question be what does the league gain

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

don't the owners get a say .or are they in on it as well?:ponder:

wow, you're talking to someone who LOVED the sat/sun format of the NFL draft. however, i have to admit i like having the THURS FR SAT thing going on. more time for trades, to diagnose how the draft has functioned, and to diagnose. it sucks at the end of the 1st night, knowing you must wait to tomorrow for the 2nd pick?!? however in the long run, i'm not sure if its a bad thing. more analysis means better selection. when i lived on LI, i went to the draft 2 yrs in a row, 99-00, and seeing the "football crazies" really touched me in the right spot. now its more mellow, no one is going to watch a single round and by round two the fan fare is mostly gone. however to the 'serious' fan it is not. like i said, more time to study picks and more decisions to be made. i love it any way you slice it

---------- Post added at 04:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 AM ----------

oh, btw waiting the extra 2 wks is just a way for goodell to garner more interest in the NFL Draft imo... how its going to do up against the NBA Playoffs remains to be seen...

Back
Top Bottom