NFL picks: Predictions for Dolphins vs. Panthers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL picks: Predictions for Dolphins vs. Panthers

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
oakland-raiders-v-miami-dolphins-c4c32aabfd979a8c.jpg

Here's how our experts see the game playing out.
James Kratch: Carolina wins this game at home and keeps pace in the NFC South, but the Panthers aren't good enough to cover here. Panthers 21, Dolphins 17.
Joe Giglio
: Jay Cutler has been on fire lately, but it's been lost in the shuffle of a bad Dolphins team with a ton of issues. I was going to say this would be close, but let's just go with the outright upset of an overrated Panthers team. If Gase and the Dolphins have a second-half rebound in them again, it has to start here in this primetime affair. Something tells me it will, shaking up the NFL standings once again with a surprise result. Dolphins 24, Panthers 21.
http://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/11/nfl_picks_predictions_for_dolphins_vs_panthers_mon.html

Not going to make a prediction, but I suspect fans will have a good idea by end of 1Q. Coming out flat will be DOA

I have to agree with the above. I can't remember when we had a successful start of a game and I don't see it happening on Mon night.I thought of us last night while watching the Pats/Broncos game. The horses shot themselves in the foot over and over again in the spirit of the Fins play.Until we change this we are destined to play from way behind and we aren't built to do that with any success.

For those that say we are 500 blah blah blah, we are no better than a 3rd place out of 4 team and no way we compete with any playoff calibre team...I took off the aqua and orange colored glasses long ago although admittedly I do get sucked in every offseason only to be sent back to earth by mid season or less.

Fingers crossed for a much needed win with conviction tonight, I'll gladly eat some crow. Fins lose by 10 plus and we get eaten alive by Cam and crew. 30-16

The Panther's have the #1 defense in total yards allowed,#2 defense in rushing yards allowed
#3 defense in points allowed,and #4 in passing yards allowed

While our offense is last in the NFL in points scored and total yards avg per game
29th in passing yards and 30th in rushing yards

What could go wrong for our Dolphins in that scenario?

This has the potential to be epically embarrassing

As a side note
There are 53 individual players in the NFL that have more rushing TDs than our entire team
We are on pace to have the least amount of rushing tds in our franchises history

Last edited:
As a side note
There are 53 individual players in the NFL that have more rushing TDs than our entire team
We are on pace to have the least amount of rushing tds in our franchises history
:laugh:( This makes me laugh and cry at the same time.

The Panther's have the #1 defense in total yards allowed,#2 defense in rushing yards allowed
#3 defense in points allowed,and #4 in passing yards allowed

While our offense is last in the NFL in points scored and total yards avg per game
29th in passing yards and 30th in rushing yards

What could go wrong for our Dolphins in that scenario?

This has the potential to be epically embarrassing

As a side note

That run stat is just plain sad and explains the struggles this team has faced. Not being able to convert short yardage is also a huge weakness and has led to a lot of three and outs.

As to the game, Miami needs an early break IMO to have a chance. I loved that Gase went with the onside kick early against Oakland to steal a possession. Unfortunately, the team couldn't capitalize.

I have a feeling that this could be that game where the team puts it all together and plays their best game of the season. Maybe that's just the fan is me, but every team has that game and the Dolphins haven't had it yet.

This game seems suprisingly winnable as I think we can contain Carolina's offense.

But good god Adam Gase better have a gameplan to put up some points. He's gotta hit them with something we haven't put on tape with Cutler.

If we can't back that defense up this could be another long night.

I have to agree with the above. I can't remember when we had a successful start of a game and I don't see it happening on Mon night.I thought of us last night while watching the Pats/Broncos game. The horses shot themselves in the foot over and over again in the spirit of the Fins play.Until we change this we are destined to play from way behind and we aren't built to do that with any success.

For those that say we are 500 blah blah blah, we are no better than a 3rd place out of 4 team and no way we compete with any playoff calibre team...I took off the aqua and orange colored glasses long ago although admittedly I do get sucked in every offseason only to be sent back to earth by mid season or less.

Fingers crossed for a much needed win with conviction tonight, I'll gladly eat some crow. Fins lose by 10 plus and we get eaten alive by Cam and crew. 30-16

I remember when we had a successful start (on primetime too). It was against the Bengals. Do I need to say anything else?

Prime time game:check
Top tier cover 2 Defense:check
Struggling offense meets mediocre defense:check

Carolina by 17

And all the fascinating talk of still being "technically" in the playoff race, is one week closer to being shut up.

Back
Top Bottom