NFL Rumors: DeAngelo Williams in Miami? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Rumors: DeAngelo Williams in Miami?

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Omar Kelly of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel writes that the Miami Dolphins have DeAngelo Williams sitting at the top of their offseason priority list. Kelly mentions that Williams is the perfect running back for what they are looking for and when you consider that both Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams are unrestricted free agents, the Dolphins could very well end up spending the money it would take to land DeAngelo.

http://www.nfltraderumors.co/2011/01/nfl-rumors-deangelo-williams-miami/

5.0 yds/car career average, I'd take him. I think Hillard needs more playing time as well, I think he has some play making ability.

Forget about Hillard I would still draft a back in the 3rd or 4th round. Remember this guy is still coming off of injuries. I would like to have him in a miami uni thats for sure.

This would be similar to resigning Ronnie for 4 years, except the fact that DeAngelo didn't regress in the year his contract expired.

This guy won't come cheap. There are other free agent options for RB who will come at a better price and can still get it done back there.

He gets hurt too much for me and at that price I would rather just resign ronnie.

No to De-lo. He will want too much money and he's too injury prone. Take Michael Bush. 4.1 ypc and 8 TD's as a backup. Then draft a RB in first 5 rounds, we would be fine at RB.

no FA running backs please. go youth and draft a great young tailback like demarco murray or mark ingram. but if we did get ingram that would most likely mean spending a first rounder on him, and i think we need to use are first rounder on a QB

5.0 yds/car career average, I'd take him. I think Hillard needs more playing time as well, I think he has some play making ability.

Hilliard has some speed, but he is not a tough runner as he falls even at the touch of a fingertip. He's not very good at breaking tackles. He also has no moves and runs straight ahead.

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

No to De-lo. He will want too much money and he's too injury prone. Take Michael Bush. 4.1 ypc and 8 TD's as a backup. Then draft a RB in first 5 rounds, we would be fine at RB.

the only think I dont like about michael bush is is so slow. he has almost no speed. Hes a tough runner, but he has no second gear.

Please no! He is never heathly-He has played in, 37 out of a possible 64 games. He is not worth it.

B.S. Screw the injury thing. That's no guarantee he will or will not be injured at any point during the season. YESTERDAY DOES NOT EQUAL TODAY.

The guy's a playmaker, and we DON'T HAVE ANY.

Sign him NOW.

Back
Top Bottom