NFL Rumors: DeAngelo Williams in Miami?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by FinAtic8480, Jan 26, 2011.

1. FinAtic8480

FinAtic8480 A True Fan

http://www.nfltraderumors.co/2011/01/nfl-rumors-deangelo-williams-miami/

2. Tunaphish429

Tunaphish429 1st Ballot Hall of Famer Donator

3. Statler Waldorf

Statler Waldorf Bench Warmer

5.0 yds/car career average, I'd take him. I think Hillard needs more playing time as well, I think he has some play making ability.

4. Miamibyrd

Miamibyrd Well-Known Member

Forget about Hillard I would still draft a back in the 3rd or 4th round. Remember this guy is still coming off of injuries. I would like to have him in a miami uni thats for sure.

5. twg76

twg76 Proverbs 3:5-6

This would be similar to resigning Ronnie for 4 years, except the fact that DeAngelo didn't regress in the year his contract expired.

This guy won't come cheap. There are other free agent options for RB who will come at a better price and can still get it done back there.

6. ecudol-fan

ecudol-fan Well-Known Member

He gets hurt too much for me and at that price I would rather just resign ronnie.

7. newlownorder

newlownorder Hoof Hearted

No to De-lo. He will want too much money and he's too injury prone. Take Michael Bush. 4.1 ypc and 8 TD's as a backup. Then draft a RB in first 5 rounds, we would be fine at RB.

8. Dolfan77

Dolfan77 Well-Known Member

no FA running backs please. go youth and draft a great young tailback like demarco murray or mark ingram. but if we did get ingram that would most likely mean spending a first rounder on him, and i think we need to use are first rounder on a QB

9. AggieFin21

AggieFin21 The 12th Man

I like it. Sign him. Trade down and pick up a 2nd.

10. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero Donator

Hilliard has some speed, but he is not a tough runner as he falls even at the touch of a fingertip. He's not very good at breaking tackles. He also has no moves and runs straight ahead.

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

the only think I dont like about michael bush is is so slow. he has almost no speed. Hes a tough runner, but he has no second gear.

11. phinatic1399

phinatic1399 Diehard Phinatic!

bad move, the guy can't stay healthy!

12. jason37

jason37 Drivin' the Yeremiah Bell Bandwagon

I would much rather sign a free agent running back than spending the money on a free agent Quarterback. And Deangelo is the man. Plus I get to use my #34 Williams jersey a little longer :)

I heard Deangelo wants to stay in Carolina.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5864479

13. Patrick_Bateman

Patrick_Bateman Rookie

Wouldn't mind this move at all. Still would need a second back, but we could always draft one in the later rounds.

14. uga3406

uga3406 Pro Bowler

Please no! He is never heathly-He has played in, 37 out of a possible 64 games. He is not worth it.

15. dolfan19

dolfan19 Starter

B.S. Screw the injury thing. That's no guarantee he will or will not be injured at any point during the season. YESTERDAY DOES NOT EQUAL TODAY.

The guy's a playmaker, and we DON'T HAVE ANY.

Sign him NOW.

16. sinPHIN

sinPHIN A True Fan

Don't get why so many people are big on hilliard. he has no vision and is just an ok st player. Bring Williams in and draft one or two

17. XxfeensterxX

XxfeensterxX FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

This.

Guy is a playmaker and has serious big play potential when he has the ball in his hands. Pay the man and bring Ricky back if its an option. If not keep Sheets. No matter what though we should draft a RB in the 4th round area who has some potential.

Would help solve the RB problem and then we agressively get a QB via trade/draft. Really wouldnt mind Carson Palmer throwing to Marshall and Bess.

18. Vertical Limit

Vertical Limit A True Fan

It's Omar Kelly. Nothing to see or read. The guy is the most misinformed beat writer out there.

19. CHI Fin Fan 13

CHI Fin Fan 13 Well-Known Member

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!what happen with Oddrick we drafted him and he played a half a game so i dont go much on injuries , I would love the Dolphins to sign D WIlliams then trade down......

20. Bigjbizzle2

Bigjbizzle2 The Legend

HUH he played in 13 as a rookie 16 and 16 13 and then this year he got legitimately hurt missed 10 and was placed on IR in November. So those and up to 16 missed in 5 seasons. So out of 80 games he played in 64.
    And if you take this year out he missed 6 whole games in 4 years. about 1.5 per year. so the idea he is always hurt is wrong. He was only truly hurt this year. I love how people make **** up your so easy to prove wrong.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=9613

21. NashPhin

NashPhin Run the Ball. Stop the Run.

Until we solve the interior line issues, I will pass on any enthusiasm for running backs. If we land a guard and a new center in FA/Draft, then everybody is going to look better.

22. newlownorder

newlownorder Hoof Hearted

He's as injury prone as ronnie brown. Bush is 26, has fresh legs and isn't going to get the big contract de-lo is looking for. Bush isn't the fastest RB so jabbing a complimentary back for him in the draft would be a must.

23. godolphins1985

godolphins1985 WILDCARD

I think jerome harrison is available. Best option and prob comes cheap. He's who I want, guys top 12back in the league...with oc coordinator from clev now here expect that name to be linked to miami.

24. MisiDressing

MisiDressing Banned Hammered

DO NOT SPEND ONE RED CENT ON FA RUNNING BACKS!!!!!

It's the absolute best position to fill thru the draft. RB takes the least amount of learning curve and has the shortest shelf life. We want that role filled with YOUTH.

Deangelo is 28 years old!!! Give me a f'n break with wasting money on a guy who would need to be replaced in less than two seasons from now!!!

Are you guys (and Ireland) f'n kidding me?!?!?

25. MisiDressing

MisiDressing Banned Hammered

Also, in case you guys didn't notice, two of the NFLs best RBs last year were an UDFA (Foster in HOU) and a white boy former FB (Hillis in CLE).

But you guys wanna spend our FA $ on Deangelo?!?!?

For Christ's sake, PLEASE use our FA $ on interior OL (Ryan Kalil please!) and just fill RBs thru the draft. I'd let Ricky, Ronnie AND Cobbs leave - buh bye!

26. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 I can get you a toe Finheaven VIP Donator

Sign him and pair him with Ricky Williams

27. Tiko377

Tiko377 A True Fan

i would love it..... give the fanbase some excitement...... and with our oline compared to carolina it will do him wonders.... plus he doesnt have too many miles with stewart as a commitee for him.

28. XxfeensterxX

XxfeensterxX FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

And? So we should just grab a late round/UDFA back and hope he ends up being one of those sleeper picks? Yeah, no thanks. A lot of RB's are drafted late and a lot of them do nothing in the NFL. We need to get proven playmakers now, and not hope a late pick ends up working out. Try to make a run at it one of these 2 years, D.Williams would give us 2 very solid years sharing with Ricky&draft pick.We could probaly get 3-4 more pretty productive years after that if we had him splitting carries with a young RB as he gets older. Eventually the young guy gets the majority and DeAngelo goes into Rickys former role.

29. Roman529

Roman529 Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

Thank you......he killed me when I took him in my Fantasy Football league....way too inconsistent. There are other guys I would pursue.

30. DearbornDolfan

DearbornDolfan Seasoned Veteran

Honedtly, I don`t buy it. If I`m the FO and I want to pick up an FA that was injured last year, I`m spending that money on Asomugha. Not obly is he a shut down corner that will effectively reduce an offense`s passing zone to between the hash marks, at least so long as Vontae is healthy, but he is also an above average returner. Also, both Marcedes Lewis and Zach Miller are available as well and we need a legit seam threat in the worst way.

31. The Goat

The Goat Escape Goat

Okay, now...I can see how people could manipulate stats to try and make their points, but this is just completely false. Let's try it THIS way...

From 2006-2009, DeAngelo Williams played in 58 of a possible 64 games.

He has NOT been overworked.

32. Doug385

Doug385 Well-Known Member

If i were calling the shots, i'd pair ricky williams with michael bush in the backfield, spend our f/a coin on interior OL (Kalil) and shore up the OL with Mike Pouncey/G/FLORIDA in the 1st rnd, after a trade down into the 2nd rnd, Greg Jones/ILB/MSU.

33. FINdestructible

FINdestructible Section 211

Sign him. And for you guys asking to pair him with Ricky. He ain't coming back next year. You can't insult the HC the way he did & expect to come back. No way. Besides, he's old & fumbles way too much. Time to move on. Buh bye Ronnie & Ricky.

34. Statler Waldorf

Eh I kind of disagree. Hilliard has made some plays for us particularly in the passing game and I think he picked up a big 1st down on a draw on 3rd and 17 in 2009 that was an impressive piece of running, he just has not had many opportunities with Ricky, Ronnie, and Cobbs ahead of him. I think D. Williams, Hilliard, and Sheets would be a pretty solid backfield and we could focus on other areas, like regaining our offesnive line play from '08 and '09.

35. PhinsPhan11

PhinsPhan11 Phins & Philly Sports

I would really like it if he came here.

36. PerfectFinz72

PerfectFinz72 Pro Bowler

I dont understand why people get excited about guys that barely make the team. Theres a reason he wasn't playing above Ricky, Ronnie or Cobbs....its because hes not that good.

37. Billk78

Billk78 Scout Team

He killed you in fantasy because the Panthers line can't block for s***, and they have no qb. Defenses were all over him And he still had the talent to break through on occasion. Put Ricky or Ronnie on that team and I dont think they would gain any yards.

38. Andre

Andre Member

DeAngelo Williams is a definite upgrade over any RBs currently in Miami

I dont get how people are saying they dont want him since he's "injury prone"

He has only had 1 year where he missed a significant amount of games.

If you dont count this past season he has only missed 6 games in 3 years.

Saying Williams is injury prone is like claiming Troy Polamalu is injury prone just because of last year.

39. Statler Waldorf

Yeah and that's why Bess was never drafted, he just wasn't that good huh? Oh and that's probably why the Jets cut Woodhead, because he just wasn't that good huh? That's also probably why Drew Bledsoe was starting ahead of Brady, becuase Brady just would never be that good huh? Only problem with your argument is that it's been proven wrong time and time again.

40. eger

eger Starter

If you look at his 2010 numbers, even though he was hurt he surely did regress. Now he had some instability in the QB play and blocking but so did Miami and could be a reason why R&R didn't produce much either.