NFL Simulations: Miami over Atlanta - 25 to 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Simulations: Miami over Atlanta - 25 to 23

Calvin Clean

Miami will surprise in 2009
Reaction score
WhatIfSports.com "played" the Week 1 - Miami Dolphins vs. Atlanta Falcons game 10,001 times. The Miami Dolphins win 62.3% of the time by an average score of 25.0-23.0. The stats in the boxscore below represent the average outcomes of those simulations.

Link: http://www.whatifsports.com/beyondtheboxscore/default.asp?article=20090913001

The computer simulation statistics are interesting. Miami wins the time of possession battle (31:45 to 28:47 minutes), rushing yards (175-143 yds) and passing yards (197 to 178). Brown rushes for over 100 yards on 20 carries. Ricky Williams may take away some of these carries.

Meanwhile, we are expected to hold Turner under 100 yds. :up:

Cool site.

1984 Miami Dolphins 34
1984 SF 49ers 17

Marino 17 of 28, 227 yds, 4TD's, 0 INT's

After 10,001 Simulations, Miami wins 62% of the time. This is a high percentage after considering Miami is a four point underdog.

After 10,001 Simulations, Miami wins 62% of the time. This is a high percentage after considering Miami is a four point underdog.

Welcome fellow Utahn!

I'd agree that 62% is alot. Remember, the computers result is only as good as the data entered and whoever programs the computer.

All things being equal, I'd go w/ a Vegas Oddsmaker over a Wall St expert (i.e. Jim Cramer) any day of the week and several times on sundays in the fall.

Interesting....
I think the computer sounds pretty correct.

However, if the Falcons win, instead of realizing it was one of the 38% times the computer says they'll win, the talking heads will just say, well, Atlanta's the better team.

I like it!

As long as we can control Turner & Gonzalez I think we will prevail.

Well I don't even see a reason to play the game now. Well I guess I'll still tune in just for the heck of it.

Cool site. I wonder what would happen if you made all your bets using that system?

Back
Top Bottom