NFL Team FANBASE | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Team FANBASE

Sagat_Igott

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I've always argued that the Dolphins are in the top 3 in terms of fanbase. I believe that because of the amount of fans wearing dolphin gear at away games. Plus, the team is always in the upper tier of Gear/memoribillia sold every year. I think the other two teams may be the Raiders and the Jets. Where do you guys think we rank?:goof:

We are probably up there just because the fins have the most geographically spread out fanbase of any team in the NFL. Theres a really good amount of dolfans here in my town where the bills hold alot of spring training...i don't know how many bills fans are in the Miami Area...and plus, we DID get nominated for a kids choice award With the yankees lakers redsox and some other team right? Pretty good company eh? eh?

Sagat_Igott said:
I believe that because of the amount of fans wearing dolphin gear at away games.
They're not wearing it, they're burning it in effigy. :lol:

Plus, the team is always in the upper tier of Gear/memoribillia sold every year.

Is the "Marino 13" still the top seller? :roflmao:

Cowboys, Packers and Raiders are ahead of us, but yea we're way up there.

The Dolphins do have a strong national fanbase. You can usually find a decent number of Dolphins fans at any Fins road game, and on TV, it looked like there were more Dolphins fans than Chargers fans at the Dolphins/Chargers game in Arizona this year. However, I wouldn't say the Dolphins are top 3 in fanbase. I think we have more fans nationally than most teams, but top 3 is a stretch.

dolphins have a strong national fanbase indeed...too bad they have such a weak one at Lincoln Fin..err...Pro Player Stadium

I live in Northern Virginia, and I feel sorry for the people who haven't been able to watch playoff games the past couple of years in Miami, due to the blackout rule. Breaks my heart, really it does.

i see almost every fin game a year because when the pats dont play 80 percent of the time the fins are on and they do have a lot of prime time games.

When these teams are good they have the best nat'l following

Dallas
Oakland
Miami
Pitt

What's intersting is these are all the best teams of the 70s and when they converted into fans of the above teams they just passed it down to their kids.

Dr.Rad said:
I live in Northern Virginia, and I feel sorry for the people who haven't been able to watch playoff games the past couple of years in Miami, due to the blackout rule. Breaks my heart, really it does.

Wasn't it only one game that's been blacked out?

Even that game was a sell-out.(not 72 hours in advance though)

Back
Top Bottom