NFL Total Access Announces: 49ers picking Alex Smith | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFL Total Access Announces: 49ers picking Alex Smith

CanadianFish said:
I looked all over the internet yet I could not find a single website commenting on this... Anyone have a link?

Don't you people read? The ORIGINAL POST said.......NFL TOTAL ACCESS! It's a TV SHOW! There won't be a link! :shakeno: :shakeno:

There isn't a "link" to everything in life.

It sounds like gamesmanship from the 49ers. They think they are missing out on the action the Dolphins are getting and are hoping the Vikes and Bucs start calling them for a deal, because now they are taking Smith instead of Miami and anyone interested in him now has to call them. They are fishing for a trade

Also anyone think Saban overplayed his hand by talking up Alex Smith as a possiblity too soon. Should he have waited a little longer?

MikeO what I said is all the online sites are dreaming of a story like this today and I would assume they would start posting it up. What I am asking is a link to complement the Total access story to validate the story. Yesterday on SportsCenter in Canada they announced that SF took Edwards this morning they had a retraction saying edwards had only visited the niners.... just trying to validate the stories.

so-long-Ricky said:
Correct.....only the #1 selection can negotiate w/prospective draftees regardless if they sign him or not.

Nope not correct, They said on the radio today that in 1984, the first two picks were signed before draft day. Carl Banks went into the draft day being the actual first player unofficially selected that day.

NIMA said:
NFL Total Access just announced that Alex Smith is being picked over Aaron Rodgers. All that remains to finalize it is the issue of money but aside from that they say the 49ers are set.
Kudos to Boomer.He made that call over a month ago

MikeO said:
Don't you people read? The ORIGINAL POST said.......NFL TOTAL ACCESS! It's a TV SHOW! There won't be a link! :shakeno: :shakeno:

Is there a link to the link rules. :lol:

PhinPhreak said:
Nope not correct, They said on the radio today that in 1984, the first two picks were signed before draft day. Carl Banks went into the draft day being the actual first player unofficially selected that day.

Maybe they changed the rule then? I thought they said on ESPN today that only the team with the first pick can negotiate and how it is a nice advantage to have.

9'ers saw the attention we were getting. It's all good, we can now do the Braylon Edwards smokescreen.

DonShula84 said:
Maybe they changed the rule then? I thought they said on ESPN today that only the team with the first pick can negotiate and how it is a nice advantage to have.
:hmmm: :dunno:

Swells4800 said:
Also anyone think Saban overplayed his hand by talking up Alex Smith as a possiblity too soon. Should he have waited a little longer?

you dont think saban is stupid enough to tell the whole world what he's going to do, do you? he's trying to get tampa and whoever else to bite and trade with us.

MikeO said:

I don't believe you. Do you have a link?

My understanding is that once a player is officially signed by the team with the #1 pick team #2 can begin negotiations.

Back
Top Bottom