25. Denver 6-3 SOS .472
26. New England 6-3 SOS .493
27. Green Bay 6-3 SOS .557
28. San Francisco 6-2-1 SOS .514
29. Baltimore 7-2 SOS .469
30. Chicago 7-2 SOS .520
31. Atlanta 8-1 SOS .414
32. Houston 8-1 SOS .503

Could be back with a top 10 pick if we lose on Thurs.

Taking a quick look at some mocks and team needs...an early guess to how the draft falls I would say something like this:

1. KC - QB Matt Barkley
2. Jags - QB Geno Smith
3. Cleveland - DT Johnathan Hankins
4. Carolina - DT Star Lotulelei
5. Oakland - CB Dee Milliner
6. Buffalo - QB Tyler Wilson
7. Philly - LT Luke Joeckel
8. St. Louis - LT Taylor Lewan
9. Jets - DE\OLB Barkevious Mingo
10. St. Louis - OLB Javis Jones
11. Tennessee - DE Sam Montgomery
12. Cincinnati - FS Eric Reid
13. San Diego - WR Keenen Allen

That leaves us a few options...DE Demontre Moore, OT Jake Matthews, DE Bjoern Werner, CB Johnthan Banks, WR Justin Hunter. If those were the choices I'd take Demontre Moore and look to get Desmond Trufant with our first 2nd rounder or Terry Hawthorne with the late 2nd rounder.

Taking a quick look at some mocks and team needs...an early guess to how the draft falls I would say something like this:

1. KC - QB Matt Barkley
2. Jags - QB Geno Smith
3. Cleveland - DT Johnathan Hankins
4. Carolina - DT Star Lotulelei
5. Oakland - CB Dee Milliner
6. Buffalo - QB Tyler Wilson
7. Philly - LT Luke Joeckel
8. St. Louis - LT Taylor Lewan
9. Jets - DE\OLB Barkevious Mingo
10. St. Louis - OLB Javis Jones
11. Tennessee - DE Sam Montgomery
12. Cincinnati - FS Eric Reid
13. San Diego - WR Keenen Allen

That leaves us a few options...DE Demontre Moore, OT Jake Matthews, DE Bjoern Werner, CB Johnthan Banks, WR Justin Hunter. If those were the choices I'd take Demontre Moore and look to get Desmond Trufant with our first 2nd rounder or Terry Hawthorne with the late 2nd rounder.

Please remove Matthews from our list of possibles with our first pick. Not happening. Am I missing T'eo? No way he doesn't go top 10. Don't be surprosed if KC goes Smith insted of Barkley. It won't effect us, but I can see Geno going #1. I think Keenen has a chance to fall to us at 14. Then our pick is a no brainer. Then we go best DE on the board with our second pick.

Please remove Matthews from our list of possibles with our first pick. Not happening. Am I missing T'eo? No way he doesn't go top 10. Don't be surprosed if KC goes Smith insted of Barkley. It won't effect us, but I can see Geno going #1. I think Keenen has a chance to fall to us at 14. Then our pick is a no brainer. Then we go best DE on the board with our second pick.
If they let Jake Long walk Matthews is a possibility...and a probability given Ireland's history with playing it safe.

I can see Te'o landing with the Jets or Cincy but those are really the only teams in the top 14 that may have a need at MLB.

If Chan Gailey stays in Buffalo another year I can see them making a push for Geno Smith...that's a Chan Gailey type QB but if KC is smart they'll stick with Barkley.

If they let Jake Long walk Matthews is a possibility...and a probability given Ireland's history with playing it safe.

I can see Te'o landing with the Jets or Cincy but those are really the only teams in the top 14 that may have a need at MLB.

If Chan Gailey stays in Buffalo another year I can see them making a push for Geno Smith...that's a Chan Gailey type QB but if KC is smart they'll stick with Barkley.

Even if Long walks, we still do not take LT with our first. It's not happening. Philbin will push this. He needs play makers and we can find a servicable LT in the 3rd if needed. Te'o is definitely a pick I can see the Jets going with. This guy is serious top 10 talent. I think he has an off chance at the Heisman. I don't get the whole "smart" comment. Personally I feel Barkely is unbelievably over rated. Much like EVERY single QB that comes out of USC. I think the "smart" pick would be Smith. This guys is way more athletic than Barkley, more accuate and is a film whore. Barkley is surrounded with more talent and still cannot produce. If I'm a betting man, I say Smith has a better NFL career than Barkley.

Even if Long walks, we still do not take LT with our first. It's not happening. Philbin will push this. He needs play makers and we can find a servicable LT in the 3rd if needed. Te'o is definitely a pick I can see the Jets going with. This guy is serious top 10 talent. I think he has an off chance at the Heisman. I don't get the whole "smart" comment. Personally I feel Barkely is unbelievably over rated. Much like EVERY single QB that comes out of USC. I think the "smart" pick would be Smith. This guys is way more athletic than Barkley, more accuate and is a film whore. Barkley is surrounded with more talent and still cannot produce. If I'm a betting man, I say Smith has a better NFL career than Barkley.
Green Bay hasn't taken a WR in the first round since 2003 or 2004...LT is a possibility. There are WRs to be had in the 2nd and 3rd that fit the offense...the preference would be Keenan Allen IMO but personally I think DE and CB are higher priorities. Not saying LT will happen just that it's a possibility.

The "smart" comment is that Barkley is playing in an NFL style offense and has been for 4 years now. I think that makes him more NFL ready than Geno Smith. Barkley won't wow anybody with his physical attributes but he has the intangibles. Geno has lost the last 4 games and he's faced some tough defenses that made him look bad and it's hurt his stock. In WVUs losses this year Smith's numbers have been bad where in USCs losses Barkley's numbers have not been.

There's definitely something to be said about the history of USC QBs in the NFL but IMO Barkley is still the best QB in this class...it's not a great class.

Green Bay hasn't taken a WR in the first round since 2003 or 2004...LT is a possibility. There are WRs to be had in the 2nd and 3rd that fit the offense...the preference would be Keenan Allen IMO but personally I think DE and CB are higher priorities. Not saying LT will happen just that it's a possibility.

The "smart" comment is that Barkley is playing in an NFL style offense and has been for 4 years now. I think that makes him more NFL ready than Geno Smith. Barkley won't wow anybody with his physical attributes but he has the intangibles. Geno has lost the last 4 games and he's faced some tough defenses that made him look bad and it's hurt his stock. In WVUs losses this year Smith's numbers have been bad where in USCs losses Barkley's numbers have not been.

There's definitely something to be said about the history of USC QBs in the NFL but IMO Barkley is still the best QB in this class...it's not a great class.

I know LT is "possible" because anything is possible. But seriously. LT is not going to happen with our first pick. I'm fine with WR in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and going DE or CB, but if Keenan (the best WR in the draft) is on the board when we pick with our first...that's gonna be damn hard to pass up. Especially if the top DE and CB are already off the board. I don't agree with your statement that Barkley didn't play bad in his loses. I watched the Stanford game, he was atrocious. Smith has a better completion %, more yards, and a waaaayyyyy better TD to Int ratio. I also believe WVU competition was way better than USC. I'm not sold on Barkley being more NFL ready that Smith. I stand by by statement: Smith will have a better NFL career than Barkely. I think Barkley can flame out, i.e. the road of Dirty Sanchez.

I know LT is "possible" because anything is possible. But seriously. LT is not going to happen with our first pick.
lol, you just contradicted yourself.

We'll agree to disagree. I think Barkley can be a serviceable QB in the right system, I don't think Smith is going to turn out that good and I have my doubts about Tyler Wilson as well but Wilson may end up being the best of the bunch.

lol, you just contradicted yourself.

We'll agree to disagree. I think Barkley can be a serviceable QB in the right system, I don't think Smith is going to turn out that good and I have my doubts about Tyler Wilson as well but Wilson may end up being the best of the bunch.

Where is the contradiction?? The arguement of "it's possible" is completely non supportive of any arguement. But even if I give in to "it's possible", which I did for your sake, doesn't mean it will happen. Which I restated. Sorry, no contradiction there. Let's meet up after the end of next season and compare Barkley and Smith :) I think I will come out ahead on this one. I am not to sure about Wilson either but agree that he may surprise just like Russell Wilson this year. So two questions, pick it now: 1) if Matthews and Keenan are on the board who do you pick 2) if Matthews and Keenan are on the board who does Ireland pick. { My choices: Me - Keenan, Ireland - Keenan}

Where is the contradiction?? The arguement of "it's possible" is completely non supportive of any arguement. But even if I give in to "it's possible", which I did for your sake, doesn't mean it will happen. Which I restated. Sorry, no contradiction there. Let's meet up after the end of next season and compare Barkley and Smith :) I think I will come out ahead on this one. I am not to sure about Wilson either but agree that he may surprise just like Russell Wilson this year. So two questions, pick it now: 1) if Matthews and Keenan are on the board who do you pick 2) if Matthews and Keenan are on the board who does Ireland pick. { My choices: Me - Keenan, Ireland - Keenan}
1st answer is Keenan...no brainer. 2nd answer I need more information. Is Long still on the team or not?

With Long on the team...Keenan. With long not on the team...Matthews (it's just a typical Ireland move....safe pick).

Old mentality of what will happen. With Long gone, still no chance of Oline with our first.

If Ireland is in charge of the draft still in April then our draft could look like this
1-OT
2-DT
2-OG
3-S
3-RB
4-ILB
5-OLB
Then after all the playmakers are off the board,
6-corner
7-WR
7-WR

Ozzy rules!!