NFLDC 2-round mock 2/1/08 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFLDC 2-round mock 2/1/08

Yeah cept Dan Connor is still there at 32 and we go James Hardy?...No way no how.....ESPECIALLY if we go Chris Long.

Hah, for that matter Gosdar, Fred Davis and Sam Baker are still on the board..and we go James Hardy?

Sorry, dont like ANYTHING about it cept for Chris Long

Yeah cept Dan Connor is still there at 32 and we go James Hardy?...No way no how.....ESPECIALLY if we go Chris Long.

Hah, for that matter Gosdar, Fred Davis and Sam Baker are still on the board..and we go James Hardy?

I get your points. If we didn't get Collins at #57, I'd have more of a problem with it. I could live with Hardy as long as we got Collins/Cherilius/Nicks, etc. but would I rather have Connor or other players- yes. As I mentioned in another post, if we're goping for a big WR i'd rather get Marcus Monk later in the draft (or maybe mario Urrutia). I'd also take that Wisconsin CB who popped his knee, maybe a 6th-7th rd steal.

I get your points. If we didn't get Collins at #57, I'd have more of a problem with it. I could live with Hardy as long as we got Collins/Cherilius/Nicks, etc. but would I rather have Connor or other players- yes. As I mentioned in another post, if we're goping for a big WR i'd rather get Marcus Monk later in the draft (or maybe mario Urrutia). I'd also take that Wisconsin CB who popped his knee, maybe a 6th-7th rd steal.

Marcus Monk later in the draft has been one of my favorites for a while. I don't think we hit wr early. I expect to see defensive linemen, offensive linemen, LB, CB and TE.

Cason

no way cason falls to the end of round two in my pinion hes the best CB in the draft I watched him for four years at AZ and hes as champ baileyish as you can get. He is always at the right place at the right time just a ball hawking corner

I will be disappointed if we pass on Dorsey for Long. Dorsey is just so special at a position where special players are so very few and far between.

I think those making mock drafts are simply relying too hard on what I would call the "Al Groh" factor. Yes, Parcells has a relationship with Groh and Groh will undoubtedly give Long high grades. That said, Parcells's and Ireland's eyes work just fine. They will see the difference in talent between Dorsey and Long. They will also see that Dorsey has all the intangibles that Long has.

To me the first pick comes down to two scenarios:

1. You keep the pick and take Dorsey. (Most Likely)
2. You get bowled over by a deal you can't pass up and you move down. (Not Likely)

It is as simply as that. And trust me, this is not a pick you want to get rid of for the sake of a few more picks. You better be getting the better of the deal to pass on Dorsey.

I'd be extremely happy with that draft, even though I prefer Dorsey over Long, I wouldn't complain one lick. I imagine in the 3rd round we'd go with a LB, DT/NT or CB, and take whoever is BPA out of those positions in round 4. If the draft played out that way at least.

I would not mind that. However, not familiar with Collins. How much of a "LT project" is he?

I personally would rather Cason or a ball hawking DB over Hardy.

OR Baker at 32 and then another CB with the second #2.

Lovin' the Long pick. I'm buying my jersey as soon as the contract is signed!

But Hardy is a stretch here and given the history of the Tuna, look for WRs to be picked up in the later rounds (3-6) and don't view it as a bad thing either. I think Crayton and Coles were both later round picks but I could be mistaken. I'd much rather see a more NFL ready OL (though I have no problems with Collins) or a TE like Davis or Martellus Bennett with our #1 2nd.

And we've got to get off the Cason bandwagon. I don't doubt the kid's skill level at all. He's going to make a very nice nickel back for years to come. But you do have to factor in his size. With today's NFL receivers only getting faster, stronger and bigger (Roy Williams, Calvin Johnson, all of Jacksonville's WRs, etc.), Cason is going to get pushed around. At 6'0" (barely) and 185lbs, he's small by NFL standards. I'm actually hoping Talib falls to us at 32 and we can pick up a TE with the 2nd 2nd.

1) DE Chris Long 2a) T Chris Williams 2b) CB Antoine Cason 3) Te Martin Rucker 4) MLB Jonathan Goff
6) WR Ernie Wheelright 7) OLB

1) DE Chris Long 2a) T Chris Williams 2b) CB Antoine Cason 3) Te Martin Rucker 4) MLB Jonathan Goff
6) WR Ernie Wheelright 7) OLB

I don't think Goff would be there in the fourth. if he is then that is a steal.

I would not mind that. However, not familiar with Collins. How much of a "LT project" is he?

Anthony Collins was an Associated Press first team All-American. Recruited to KU as a defensive lineman, but was red-shirted after the coaches liked him better on offense. Started every game at right tackle as a sophomore, then started every game at left tackle as a senior. He didn't look great against Missouri because he was playing on a badly sprained ankle, but was a big part of Kansas' offensive success.

I will do the happy happy dance if we draft him.

I'm reading it as Dan Conner going at 31st to the Giants. I don't really mind this mock though. It's not the best but it isn't too bad either.

yeah i see connor at #31 also. i really don't want long or hardy, i think DT/CB are our two biggest concerns.

Back
Top Bottom