NFLDC updated mock 3/9/09 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NFLDC updated mock 3/9/09

Why do you say that about Matthews. Did you happen to see him at the combine, or play any this season???

yeah. I saw him play this season.

and..... this season.

One year of starting experience in college football isn't enough to sell me on a first round pick. And even in that one year, his play was above average at best.

That mock would be a nightmare draft scenario, Patriots take Sintim at 23 and the Falcons take English at 24. Hopefully one of those two are still on the board because I don't want Matthews in the first.

Love the Darius Bulter pick

Pat White is an interesting pick, he could be a boom or bust in the wildcat but I dont think he'll go in the second round because not enough teams IMO will even consider him a first day pick. Especially since he hasn't worked out at WR yet.

I'd like this a whole lot more;
L. English or Sintim
C. Butler
P. White

yeah. I saw him play this season.

and..... this season.

One year of starting experience in college football isn't enough to sell me on a first round pick. And even in that one year, his play was above average at best.

I would take someone with less games started from USC than someone who started 4 years at a small school/small program. Your talking about one of the best programs in the country, and he walked on! He would fit our 3-4 perfect.

I would take someone with less games started from USC than someone who started 4 years at a small school/small program. Your talking about one of the best programs in the country, and he walked on! He would fit our 3-4 perfect.

What does the school have to do with anything? Judging by the last few years, USC prospects dont really live up to their hype

I said School and Program, and I think it has a ton to do with a guy. Look at the coaching he had. Look at the guys he went up against every day in practice. Point is, he played on the best D in College. They crushed teams. Guys numbers were impressive. His combine was very impressive.

I your gonna call a guy garbage, at least back it up with more than only one year experience starting. There are guys who start 4 years at schools that wouldn't make the practice squad at USC.

I said School and Program, and I think it has a ton to do with a guy. Look at the coaching he had. Look at the guys he went up against every day in practice. Point is, he played on the best D in College. They crushed teams. Guys numbers were impressive. His combine was very impressive.

I your gonna call a guy garbage, at least back it up with more than only one year experience starting. There are guys who start 4 years at schools that wouldn't make the practice squad at USC.

Well, you could say the same thing about Reggie Bush. Same coaching staff. Same guys going up against him in practice. What is he now? 3rd string on the Saints?

And how has Leinart done lately?

You could say the same. I guess. You do know that Reggie and Leinart would be starting on a lot of teams in the NFL right now. It depends where you go and how they use you.

No one was saying Reggie or Leinart were garbage when they were coming out though.

Matthews has not done one thing wrong thus far to hurt his stock draft wise. If anything, he has done nothing but prove he belongs in the first round. He has done everything asked of him, and done it well. I don't see how you can call him garbage.

ok, maybe I was a bit over the top by calling him garbage. But in my opinion, regardless of school, one year as starter isn't enough to convince me to spend a first rounder on someone.

I understand. I'm from the west coast so I have to see USC play every flipping weekend. It is well known that the best team in the Pac 10 is USC, and the second best team is USC's practice squad. I'm not sure if you follow them too much, but they have guys who are 3rd and 4th string that would be absolute beasts if they had gone elsewhere. I never can figure out why except they know that if they get that one year to start, they are looking at an NFL career because of it. Flat out blows my mind. Think about it, there have been drafts where they had 6 D-line man go. So a guy who maybe plays half a game is getting drafted over a guy from another school that could have started 4 years in a row.

Why, because of coaching and who they are practicing against. I mean when a team has 6 or 7 starters from each side of the ball going in the draft every year it is just ridiculous.

My point is, his one year starting meant he was one of the best of the best. And the years he didn't start, he was working out against guys who are playing on Sundays right now.

The Dolphins would be lucky to get a guy with that kind of credentials, and that kind of a motor. I think OLB is one of our top needs. Tuna is always looking for a guy like that. I would be very happy with Matthews lining up opp of J.P. Who know, just my thoughts. Cheers buddy.

Yeah. I get what you're saying. I do know that that USC is known for having great players. However, looking at Bush, Leinart, and Booty, they were all starters for atleast one season, and they haven't done much since then.

Now I'm not saying that Matthews won't be a good player, but it's just too much of a risk for me.

Although, I wouldn't mind him in the second round

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom