Nice job by the Miami front office not to reinstate Incognito | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nice job by the Miami front office not to reinstate Incognito

LoneStarPhin

Active Roster
Reaction score
This isn't about Incognito per se, or whether he deserves to be reinstated or cut or sat.... it's just a prop to the front office for recognizing the development of this team.

I'm a Spur fan, and back in 1995 the infamous Dennis Rodman was leading the league @ 17rebounds/gm when he injured himself in a motorcycle accident (a prohibited activity, but he was never one to let rules bother him). For the first time all season, the Spurs are distraction free and rip off about 15 straight wins heading into playoffs. I prayed they would keep him on bench when he recovered, as JR Reid and Terry Cummings were stepping up big time and the team was jelling. But no, they handed the job back to him and he promptly got a suspension for fighting and during playoffs the punk refused to even get in the huddle with his team. Spurs were bounced by Houston in the semis and I put that totally on the coaches and organization.

What this OL has been able to do is nothing short of amazing- a sub-par line loses two starters and other injuries, and pulls itself together mid-season to right a sinking ship and rally around a young QB who is still learning the ropes and taking a beating. OL is ALL about chemistry, and 'phins seem to have caught lightning in a bottle for probably a number of reasons. These guys DESERVE to finish out this season as a unit, and without worrying about other distractions.

Looks like the Dolphins are about to do the right, smart thing. I think they've done that all season long and I applaud and thank them!

Go 'Phins!!

This isn't about Incognito per se, or whether he deserves to be reinstated or cut or sat.... it's just a prop to the front office for recognizing the development of this team.

I'm a Spur fan, and back in 1995 the infamous Dennis Rodman was leading the league @ 17rebounds/gm when he injured himself in a motorcycle accident (a prohibited activity, but he was never one to let rules bother him). For the first time all season, the Spurs are distraction free and rip off about 15 straight wins heading into playoffs. I prayed they would keep him on bench when he recovered, as JR Reid and Terry Cummings were stepping up big time and the team was jelling. But no, they handed the job back to him and he promptly got a suspension for fighting and during playoffs the punk refused to even get in the huddle with his team. Spurs were bounced by Houston in the semis and I put that totally on the coaches and organization.

What this OL has been able to do is nothing short of amazing- a sub-par line loses two starters and other injuries, and pulls itself together mid-season to right a sinking ship and rally around a young QB who is still learning the ropes and taking a beating. OL is ALL about chemistry, and 'phins seem to have caught lightning in a bottle for probably a number of reasons. These guys DESERVE to finish out this season as a unit, and without worrying about other distractions.

Looks like the Dolphins are about to do the right, smart thing. I think they've done that all season long and I applaud and thank them!

Go 'Phins!!

There's a certain logic to what you say -- and in the case of Rodman, 100 percent true.

However, in this case, there is a huge question of depth on the OL -- especially if Miami does earn the playoffs.

Now, given all that's transpired, maybe you're better off w. a PS player taking a spot that Cogs would occupy (given injury to current OL) -- but it's a toss up.

LD

It shows 2 things to me the coaches are not good at starting the right players or Ireland was making them play certain players cuz of money or draft status. I remember before the season started all the ppl defending martin saying he's much improved blah blah. And I kept saying martin shouldn't be an nfl player cuz he sucks real bad. It took a scandal to get martin out of miami. Maybe the football gods are helping us get rid of the trash. Adding McKinnie is an obvious upgrade over martin. I was calling to sign this guy in the offseason instead we give a draft pick for him. Ireland blows jeez... Anyways the line is better ATM without incognito and martin. Finally decent line play.

It shows 2 things to me the coaches are not good at starting the right players or Ireland was making them play certain players cuz of money or draft status. I remember before the season started all the ppl defending martin saying he's much improved blah blah. And I kept saying martin shouldn't be an nfl player cuz he sucks real bad. It took a scandal to get martin out of miami. Maybe the football gods are helping us get rid of the trash. Adding McKinnie is an obvious upgrade over martin. I was calling to sign this guy in the offseason instead we give a draft pick for him. Ireland blows jeez... Anyways the line is better ATM without incognito and martin. Finally decent line play.

I think that is pretty obvious by now...at least for those that have eyes to see...

I do not think Incognito should be in this position. However, if he is brought back he is a distraction and what kind of game shape is he in? He probably has to stay away.

My bet would be on him not coming back. Stephen Ross is a jewish billionaire. He has been embarrassed by the incident and probably wants to move on (and the team is playing better without him)

Go 'Phins!!

What this tells me is that Jonathan Martin was only starting because he was a relatively high draft pick i.e. they were giving him every opportunity to grow into the position (many teams do that) and not because he was one of the best OT's on the team. Incognito was a good run blocker, but was a liability in pass protection. We are actually better because McKinnie is better than Martin and Clabo appears to have fully recovered from last season's injury. Brenner has also given the O-line more versatility because he is a better pass protector and can pull.

No truer words were ever spoken...

You assume Ireland determines who starts. That is usually a coaching decision. Many coaches play the high draft picks until it is evident they aren't going to develop. I don't know of any GM who dictates to the HC who the starters are. I don't think any HC would tolerate working conditions like that.

You assume Ireland determines who starts. That is usually a coaching decision. Many coaches play the high draft picks until it is evident they aren't going to develop. I don't know of any GM who dictates to the HC who the starters are. I don't think any HC would tolerate working conditions like that.

Nyjunc would argue that the Jets GM does...

I'm a Spur fan too but I think we need to accept it's harder to fill a 53 man football roster with Spur grade players than is possible. Football is nasty and violent to it's core, basketball...well have you ever seen basketball players fight?

I would have no problem with Cogs coming back, but ONLY if he comes back and serves a Back-up roll, and is only used in case of injury to any of the current starters.

I just think it would be a media circus at a time when the team (and the country) is just starting to focus on how good this team might become. Don't rock the boat, even if it would give us more depth. I'd rather go down because we were depleted than because we were distracted.

Back
Top Bottom