Nick Foles gave hints he could lead a Super Bowl team. Has Dolphins’ Ryan Tannehill? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nick Foles gave hints he could lead a Super Bowl team. Has Dolphins’ Ryan Tannehill?

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Ryan%20Tannehill

The similarities between Nick Foles and Ryan Tannehill are obvious: Two NFL quarterbacks of like faith. Both 29 years old, both out of the 2012 NFL draft, both onetime Texas prep stars.
And that’s a good jumping off point if you’re a Miami Dolphins fan because it’s easy to point to the similarities and career paths of these men and make the fateful leap that, here we go, if Foles could unexpectedly land in the right situation, and surrounded by the right talent could raise his play, and lead his team to a Super Bowl title, then …
… You know what’s coming, right?
So.
Could.
Ryan Tannehill?
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article200979594.html

I just read this! Scathing article and appears to be an indictment of the Dolphins' blind faith in Tannehill. Not my opinion, I don't know what the answer is at qb for us. Mando starts the article by saying Foles and Ryan started off similarly, but that Foles just took off career wise. Also that Ryan is not the answer for a SB run even though he stops just short of saying it.
To me, our qb situation is like the o-line, TE, TE covering LB, etc. situations-It's all just wait and see.

Tannehill will never get the respect he deserves unless he at least takes the Dolphins deep into the playoffs, whether that is fair or not. The article might have been accurate from a statistical stand point, but it certainly does not tell the whole story, which is unfair.

As long as people keep writing garbage like this with zero accountability for chip kellys o taking the league by storm with a neutered qb system no less before the league figured it out or the fact that the eagles that year had at worst a top 3 o line despite the fast tempo no huddle to ride all season Ryan Tannehill will never get the respect he deserves. Hell miami neutered the qb and played with zero tempo even. It’s been a comedy of errors prior to gase arrival.

This is pure trash analysis frankly. Ignorance

Hey here's a subject that hasn't been beaten into the ground enough.... Guess Armando had a quota this week.

Ryan Tannehill will get respect when he becomes a more proficient QB on 3rd down, and leads the Dolphins offense to more points, instead of consistently finishing in the bottom 10 on offense.

Until then, he's just another guy.

I'd really like to see what Tannehill can do with a good o-line (which means replacing all or most of last year's starters), a strong running game, and a different style of offense. But, Tannehill has been on a team that can't build a decent o-line and his 2 Head Coaches both prefer a similar style of the short pass based offense. His deep ball was vastly improved throwing to Stills rather than Wallace, and that helped to open up the running game. It's just too bad that those in charge refuse to build a strong, physically dominating o-line to protect him and help the running game.

I'd really like to see what Tannehill can do with a good o-line (which means replacing all or most of last year's starters), a strong running game, and a different style of offense. But, Tannehill has been on a team that can't build a decent o-line and his 2 Head Coaches both prefer a similar style of the short pass based offense. His deep ball was vastly improved throwing to Stills rather than Wallace, and that helped to open up the running game. It's just too bad that those in charge refuse to build a strong, physically dominating o-line to protect him and help the running game.
and exactly what you said is the exact reason he won't be qb soon. he requires way too much. in this game, those that can strive without the most are the ones we want. We will never be able to afford or develop the perfect line. Unless you can scout (which we can't) a young line that's cheap, the qb must improvise, have pocket presence, and be a surgeon on the field. They must be able to sense pressure and make snap choices. He is not that.

Ryan Tannehill will get respect when he becomes a more proficient QB on 3rd down, and leads the Dolphins offense to more points, instead of consistently finishing in the bottom 10 on offense.

Until then, he's just another guy.
So, is THAT your argument this year on why you dont like Tannehill? Because it seems to change every year.

Back
Top Bottom