Nick Foles gave hints he could lead a Super Bowl team. Has Dolphins’ Ryan Tannehill? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nick Foles gave hints he could lead a Super Bowl team. Has Dolphins’ Ryan Tannehill?

Ryan Tannehill will get respect when he becomes a more proficient QB on 3rd down, and leads the Dolphins offense to more points, instead of consistently finishing in the bottom 10 on offense.

Until then, he's just another guy.
Ryan is just another guy. Yes, his O-Line has been underwhelming since he got here, but he does nothing to elevate the team. He is nothing more than a caretaker of the offense.

Football is a business, Winning is all that matters, I do not care what anyone says. Winning sells tickets, it sells merchandise, it makes the owner be able to sell the franchise for more money. WINNING IS EVERYTHING.

Ryan is just another guy. Yes, his O-Line has been underwhelming since he got here, but he does nothing to elevate the team. He is nothing more than a caretaker of the offense.

Or is he an excellent QB who was held back by the worst coaching staff in professional football for almost his entire career. And as soon as he got a semi-decent head coach, all of a sudden he started to flourish (wonder why that was lol), I guess we will find out soon enough...

Trees falling in the forest just noise to ignore.

And Foles was known as exactly what again before this year?

Why is his analysis slanted? What is wrong with wanted a QB in the first?

The fact that he mentions Peyton’s QB rating vs Foles is the first clue and that Moore ‘delivered’ as to discount where Ryan had us before the injury. I think we know what Moore is at this point. Ryan was ascending.

For a QB who was playing well before he went down the continuous attacks are strange to me.

There is nothing wrong with a QB in rd 1 if Gase sees it that way but Armando has been on the pick one in rd 1 - anyone or its a mistake. Thats my issue with his perspective.

Armando wants us to draft a QB rd 1 so to that end he will keep pressing that angle through his slanted analysis.
I'm not against the idea of drafting a QB in the 1st, but enough is enough with the Tannehill ****. We know Armando- he's still a question mark. He's been a question mark for years. Hopefully after this upcoming season, he won't be a question mark anymore, one way or the other. I don't need three articles a week about it. Whatever he said in this piece (I didn't read it) isn't anything he hasn't probably said 557 times before about Tannehill.

Tannehill will never get the respect he deserves unless he at least takes the Dolphins deep into the playoffs, whether that is fair or not. The article might have been accurate from a statistical stand point, but it certainly does not tell the whole story, which is unfair.

I think he would get respect if he gets an All-Pro nod or gets MVP consideration. How can people not respect an All Pro QB even if the team goes 8-8?

I think he would get respect if he gets an All-Pro nod or gets MVP consideration. How can people not respect an All Pro QB even if the team goes 8-8?

Not sure there have been many of those. Usually MVP is on one of the teams with the best record. And to be all-pro QB you have to have more than 8-8 record. Not going to give you all pro and pass on QB with 13-3 record. Just doesn't work that way. Now pro bowl maybe.

MVP is usually linked with winning teams. Stats do not make an MVP, winning does.

Ryan really doesn’t deserve to be mentioned with Super Bowl MVP quarterbacks, but in this case, they were out of the same draft class. In Ryan’s defense, he has never been traded or reduced to back up in his career. But he hasn’t really produced much either. He’s been ok. Foles has had some really great moments and some stinkers like his four interception game. Call it the system or whatever you want, Foles played a great game on the world’s biggest stage. When the lights were on, he rose to the occasion. Props to him, he was great, beat Tom Brady and Bellecheat in the Super Bowl. That’s a big boy win.

More of that numbers in a vacuum fail analysis

Agree completely.

He said watched the game tape then immediately uses QBR to compare the two. One from 2013 and one from this year.

Never mentioned the fact that Foles looked Horrendous in 2/3 regular season games he started (of course, one was against and injury depleted Giants team that is picking 2nd in the draft), but I'll give him credit for that game since it still was an NFL defense.

Anyone that watched the Falcons game can't possibly tell me that was the look of a SB winning QB. Unless you like poorly placed passes and dump-offs to runningbacks.

I will give Foles credit for the last two games as he executed an excellent game plan perfectly, but I do not think he'll be able to duplicate that success anywhere else.

This was the "pick your poison" I knew was coming with this SB: have the patriots win it all again or have an off-season about Foles. I still don't regret rooting for the latter.

Back
Top Bottom