Nick Saban: Dolphins had picked Brees over Culpepper | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nick Saban: Dolphins had picked Brees over Culpepper

broccoli rob

Active Roster
Reaction score
In what could be viewed as Alabama coach Nick Saban’s first toe in the water toward no longer being the Alabama coach, Saban has disclosed for the first time publicly that he picked quarterback Drew Brees over quarterback Daunte Culpepper in 2006.
We chose Drew Brees,” Saban told Dan Le Batard of 790 The Ticket in Miami. “I’ve never ever talked about this publicly. . . . That’s the guy we made the first offer to.”
Saban said that Brees failed the physical after Brees and the Dolphins had agreed to terms. Brees had suffered a shoulder injury during the final game of the 2005 regular season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/17/saban-says-dolphins-had-picked-brees-over-culpepper/

Beating a dead horse at this point but I guess we were closer to getting Brees than we thought. Of course, Saban could be just trying to snake...i mean sneak his way back into the NFL.

He is not going to be the Cleveland coach.

We all know our medical staff sucks Fail Brees pass Dumbtea? Shocker

Who cares, and why the hell would he leave paradise for Cleveland, a team that will never go past Baltimore or Pittsburgh, hell they won't ever make it past Cincinatti.

This has "Saban trying to clear his name for an NFL job" all over it.

i hope he goes to clevland so he can get his ass kicked week in and week out

We all know the story, it was our medical team that said his arm was done but 3 torn ligaments apparently had more use than his Arm did.

Our organization as a whole is pathetic. From TOP (Ross) to bottom.

He can go quit on another franchise.

Hes won everything he can in CFB, time to give the bigboy league another shot.

I hope he comes back and we can drill his ****ing team.

Or the illusion of it to get a bigger deal from Alabama.

If Nick wants more money from Bama,all he has to do is ask.
Possible 3 titles in six years....gets you that kinda pull....I promise you
the BOT would go 8 plus mill a year...if money is the only object.
At 9 mill a year,thats a bargain considering what Alabama football has
pulled in since Saban has been here.
Money isn't Nick's deal....Legacy is.

This has "Saban trying to clear his name for an NFL job" all over it.

He shouldnt go to Cleveland. Saban dosent have enough time to turn that franchise around. He needs to start focusing on a run at the presidency in 2016.

Back
Top Bottom