Nick Saban: Dolphins had picked Brees over Culpepper | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nick Saban: Dolphins had picked Brees over Culpepper

man i cant tell who the bama fans are...
i dont care how good of a coach he is, the man has zero integrity.

You know what it is Namor. Deep down they know that had the franchise followed Saban's lead instead of dicking him around, we wouldve had success here. He was the one guy who knew what he was doing. So the fans hate him for leaving. They all know we couldve won with Saban. Brees and Saban wouldve brought us championships. JT owes a ton of his success to Saban's defensive mind.

They are just misplacing their hate. The fans should hate Wayne Huizenga, not Saban. Mr. H was the moron who wouldnt give total control to the man who knew what he was doing. Instead, 2 years later he gives complete control to the totally clueless Bill Parcells and even gives him a contract that allows him to leave whenever he wishes, job done or not.

Mr. H knew he goofed by not letting Saban do his thing. So then he tried to overcompensate with that deal he gave Parcells. Problem is he then turned it over to a guy who isnt even close to Saban's level.

I know if Saban wouldve had 1st pick in 2008, he wouldve drafted Matty Ice. Thing is, had Saban stayed here, there is no way in hell we go 1-15 in 2007.

Did you listen to this interview?

We land Brees and we would have won MULTIPLE Chips

Isn't this pretty much what happened? Both guys were in bad shape, but they said when it came down to it they had more faith in Dante's legs than Breeze's arms. Bad call. This weasel needs to go away and I made sure not to listen to his rubbish.

I don't put any stock into anything Saban says.

His account of the events are very different from Bree's account.

BeLetard surely isn't too gullible to realize that if the pipsqueak's lips are moving - what's coming out is more bull****.

. They all know we couldve won with Saban. Brees and Saban wouldve brought us championships. JT owes a ton of his success to Saban's defensive mind.

Good defensive mind, horrible evaluator of Professional talent.

And you are forgetting what Brees said in his book, that when Brees asked Saban if Nick believed HE could come back, Saban dodged the question.

Brees has so reason to lieabout that, Saban has every reason to, because he is a horrible person.

We all know the story, it was our medical team that said his arm was done but 3 torn ligaments apparently had more use than his Arm did.

Our organization as a whole is pathetic. From TOP (Ross) to bottom.

You just don't quit.

6a00e5505fc4968834010536e09336970b800wi-1.jpeg

He shouldnt go to Cleveland. Saban dosent have enough time to turn that franchise around. He needs to start focusing on a run at the presidency in 2016.

This again? The topic came up, and posters were serious about it, when Saban coached the Dolphins.

He'd be a disaster as a national candidate. Do you realize what it takes to run for president? Every word and mannerism is scrutinized for more than a year, with the opposing party desperate to rearrange anything it can. Meanwhile, Little Nicky Saban can't tolerate questioning from sports reporters in a major market. His eyes raged in how-dare-you fashion. It reached the point the local reporters had so little respect for him they wrote and said whatever they wanted, and Saban was on the verge of a breakdown. He belongs in a minor market like Tuscaloosa where the local press is so intimidated by the fans and athletic department they don't dare question any decision or report anything of substance.

Saban was the worst human being who ever coached one of my favorite teams. I picked up on it long before he left, in fact I stopped posting here because anything I said would have had to be deleted, and/or my account banned. I don't care what he does or where he does it as long as I'm not subjected to it locally. Any self-respecting person would have to punch Nick Saban in the mouth if within range. I don't see how that could be denied, or even seriously debated. That's another obstacle to a political campaign. Little Nicky would be too busy picking himself up off the floor.

He's a nice guy when he beats the Gators.

This again? The topic came up, and posters were serious about it, when Saban coached the Dolphins.

He'd be a disaster as a national candidate. Do you realize what it takes to run for president? Every word and mannerism is scrutinized for more than a year, with the opposing party desperate to rearrange anything it can. Meanwhile, Little Nicky Saban can't tolerate questioning from sports reporters in a major market. His eyes raged in how-dare-you fashion. It reached the point the local reporters had so little respect for him they wrote and said whatever they wanted, and Saban was on the verge of a breakdown. He belongs in a minor market like Tuscaloosa where the local press is so intimidated by the fans and athletic department they don't dare question any decision or report anything of substance.

Saban was the worst human being who ever coached one of my favorite teams. I picked up on it long before he left, in fact I stopped posting here because anything I said would have had to be deleted, and/or my account banned. I don't care what he does or where he does it as long as I'm not subjected to it locally. Any self-respecting person would have to punch Nick Saban in the mouth if within range. I don't see how that could be denied, or even seriously debated. That's another obstacle to a political campaign. Little Nicky would be too busy picking himself up off the floor.

He's a nice guy when he beats the Gators.

On an earth where Bill parcells roams even Nick Saban could not be the worst human being ever. Parcells has bailed on multiple teams , conspired behind Tony Dungy;s back when he was still coach of Bucs and took way five years of actual building of our franchise.

but he fails to mention how he decided that a part time SEC RB coupled with a journeyman QB best known for banging his head against concrete walls were better options than drafting a QB who fell in his lap who turned out to be a SB and league MVP and arguably the best in the league. Go figure :idk:

That's an easy one. Him and Linehan were in love with Alex Smith. During the lead up to the draft, Smith even mentioned how Saban and Linehan were always calling him, during the combine they spent 2 hours just breaking down film together, and they also took Smith out for dinner during the combine and talked more football. Saban wanted Smith.

Also WV, I thought Wayne did give Saban full control. Nick hired Randy Mueller to be the GM. I could be wrong.

At the time Saban left, I was mad at him, but I was a kid. I really don't care anymore. It was even said back then, his family did not like Miami. Even back then, it was reported that Wayne Huizenga gave Saban his blessing to leave. And even back then in my resentment towards him for leaving, he at least finished up the season. He didn't pull a Bobby Patrino and leave in the middle of the night only leaving letters to his players.

At the same time, as great of a coach as Saban is in college, and as much as he deserves another shot in the NFL, let's not act like he got run out. He made some poor roster decisions with or without the Brees fiasco. His 2 drafts weren't really impressive and I think only 3 of his free agent signings lasted more than 2 years (Vonnie Holliday, Andre Goodman, and Renaldo Hill). He also hated how the media took jabs at him. Those are facts. Now he very easily could've learnt what better to do while in charge of a pro program (see Pete Carroll). But to the Saban supporters his short time here was not all on the fins, but to the Saban haters he didn't just ditch us. Remember, we interviewed Mike Tomlin to be head coach and he had the best interview of anybody but Huizenga and Mueller were convinced we needed an offensive coach so they hired Cam Cameron.

Back
Top Bottom