nick will not....

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by jreg1, Jan 9, 2006.

1. jreg1

jreg1 Starter

nick will not give ricky away!!! remember last of season when kc wanted pat surtain? nick did not budge from his demand of a 2nd round pick!! don't worry guys if a gm is interested in ricky or any other player on our team nick will get what he has in mind for that player and will not budge from that asking price!!!!

thoughts please

2. eddie4fins

eddie4fins Pro Bowler

I believe you are right.

3. lotion

lotion Jane Gum

You are guilty... of being correct.

4. NewEra8

NewEra8 2004 1-AA National Champs

Brilliant

5. Cannonboy

Cannonboy Premium Member

Darn right, nobody and I mean nobody puts one over on Nick.

6. finfan32

finfan32 Well-Known Member

ricky isnt going anywhere.........we can stop that talk.....but if he did, nick would get the best value.

7. Freeki_phin

Freeki_phin Starter

Absolutely Correct, Sir. Thank God for Saint Nick.

8. 17-0

17-0 A True Fan

The days of poor decision making and the ignorant distribution of the Dolphins draft picks are behind us. Wanstedt and Speilman football is over. Saban is nobody's fool, and he also has surrounded himself with some of the best minds in football.

9. Cobra

Cobra Starter

More than likely.

10. jreg1

jreg1 Starter

our team will be built with young, tough and hungry football players!!

11. houtz

houtz Pay the man!

You are absolutely correct. IF Saban can't get what he feels is a fair trade off for Ricky , Williams will be here for years to come.

12. CsonkaClone

CsonkaClone Miami Dolphins

Same thing goes for Madison.

13. phinMikeDC

phinMikeDC Third Down RB

Actually, he did budge, because he also switched 5th round picks with the Chiefs as part of the trade, so we moved down like 12 slots in round 5. Not that it's a big deal, but he did budge.

14. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP

if the deal is right than Ricky will be gone

15. DolfanTom

DolfanTom Dolphin Apologist - I'm really sorry!!

Nick will not .... ever make a decision w/out thinking through every possibility first and how each decision will ultimately help the Dolphins improve. Nick may be wrong from time to time going forward, but he'll be right a helluva lot more!

16. ATS16

ATS16 ATS16

There is little doubt that Saban is a firm negotiator, but the question is IF someone came a knocking what would it take Saban to give up such a value at RB? 1st or 2nd rounder? I don't know!

17. JonDigital

JonDigital Elite.

i concur. i used to get nightmares about that stuff :fire:

18. finmann

finmann Pro Bowler

Why does everyone agree with this statemant....Saban is no different than any other coach, If he believes that Ricky has 2nd round talent, that doesn't necessarily mean that he wouldn't budge from taking a third for him. In the end it is the market that dictates a players value, not Saban. Saying that Saban wouldn't budge from this asking price or that is incorrect..IMO.

19. jreg1

jreg1 Starter

or he might keep the player on the team instead of getting less than he thinks he is worth:fire:

20. tay0365

tay0365 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

I good football mind will look at all his options, and make the right dicision (Or at least the one he thinks to be the right one), Ricky is way more valuable to the Dolphins then a 2nd round pick, so if a team really wants Ricky, they will have to do a heck of alot better then a 2nd or worse. You give Saban very little credit if you think he will allow himself to be the one overpaying. :shakeno:

21. rafael

rafael Hall Of Famer

I agree that Saban will not panic, but the issue is what value does he place on RW. I have seen some posters here claim that RW shouldn't be let go for anything less than a 1st. Others here claim RW is the best rb in the league. I don't think Saban places that much value on RW. My guess is that if someone offers a 2nd he's gone. (hopefully this will not turn into yet another debate about whether any team will offer that)

22. Super Duper

Super Duper Wide Receiver

In this instance market value is to be set by Nick Saban however. What ever Nick says the the value of Ricky is to the team, he will demand at least that in a trade. Taking a third round pick for a player you have a second round grade on is not a good idea concidering we would have to replace the traded player.

23. Finland

Finland Pro Bowler

Unfortuneatly Saban has the door wide open on Ricky. He has done everything to make sure he is well presented and that every knows he can be had. I want Ricky to stay, but I see Saban trading for the right guy.

24. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

I agree. Nobody will screw the Dolphins over on a trade like the Wanny/Speilman years.

Also, we will be even better at getting what we want since we now have Mueller teamed up with Saban. Last year's Surtain trade was just all Saban, since Mueller wasn't here.

25. FinsAreLife

FinsAreLife F-A-L

plain and simple, you got it correct....:up:

26. thomasdan15

thomasdan15 Well-Known Member

I agree. I think if Saban can't get at least a 2nd he won't let him go. RW is very valuable. I know it was a great comfort to me to see Ricky trotting out on the field when Ronnie was limping off with the knee injury.

27. BrazForPhins

BrazForPhins Perennial All-Pro

Saban budged a little bit at the Surtain trade. But he NEEDED to do it. He wanted to get rid of surtain due to his cap hit. And teams knew that..although he handled the situation amazingly.
    Now, we don't need to trade ricky. When u're not in need to sell your "product", YOU dictate the market.

28. djfresh47

djfresh47 R.I.P. djfresh47

I think the market dictates a players value. On talent Ricky has more than 2nd rd talent, but really how valuable is he to the Phins? I don't think Ronnie Brown can be as effective as possible splitting carries, and I think he can be as effective as Ricky was down the stretch when he got the bulk of the carries, but neither is as good getting 12-15 carries a game, IMO. Ricky is a commodity, but doesn't his contract run out in one of the upcoming seasons, and I really don't think he'll be playing much longer regardless, so getting something for him is better than getting nothing. I don't think the team should trade him just to trade him, but if a fair trade is on the table, I think the team has to take it. Saban I think is still builiding the team for the future, and I don't think Ricky has much of a long-term future with the phins.