niners talking with McDaniels now | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

niners talking with McDaniels now

uga3406

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
pixel-1.gif
Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News reports that the 49ers have begun "initial" conversations with ex-Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels about the vacancy in San Francisco.
Apparently the Niners haven't learned from the Browns' mistaken hope that immediately recycling Belichick disciples doesn't work. We don't doubt McDaniels' ability to maximize offensive talent, but in Denver he was clearly stretched with everything else, including picking a viable supporting staff. CSN Bay Area's Matt Maiocco has previously reported that the Niners' fall-back plan if they miss on Jim Harbaugh is to target a young offensive mind.
Source: Tim Kawakami on Twitter
pixel-1.gif
pixel-1.gif
pixel-1.gif
left_corner_bt_player_news-1.gif
pixel-1.gif
right_corner_bt_player_news-1.gif
pixel-1.gif

What does this mean now for Ross and co.?

It means nothing until they hire the guy. I can't take anymore of this nonsense so I can only imagine what Sparano is feeling

It means nothing until they hire the guy. I can't take anymore of this nonsense so I can only imagine what Sparano is feeling

he is proble feeling if he did a better job this past season, he wouldn't be in this mess

I've been reading this on the 49'ers forums(who's reaction to the Harbaugh steal is hysterical). Some are excited and fine with it, most saw how bad he was.

I've watched Denver extensively over the years and can honestly say: losing Harbaugh but gaining McDaniels would be similar to drafting Ryan Leaf over Peyton Manning. Then again, McDaniels did wonders for us while he was in Denver...think we have a chance at grabbing Patrick Willis?

Back
Top Bottom