Ninkovich suspended 4 games for PED. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ninkovich suspended 4 games for PED.

EvilDylan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Still should be one of the best defenses that Belichick has had in his tenure in NE. Too much versatility to be concerned with one player.

Yeah, from a talent standpoint they are loaded. I was thinking about leadership too.

Still should be one of the best defenses that Belichick has had in his tenure in NE. Too much versatility to be concerned with one player.
^^^
Yeah, from a talent standpoint they are loaded. I was thinking about leadership too.

You do realize that Chandler Jones is now in Arizona, right? Now, Ninkovich is likely to miss 6+ games. Do you really think that Barkevious Mingo, first round bust recently acquired from Cleveland is going to make up for missing both Jones and Ninkovich? Unlike Mario Williams, Jones and Ninkovich show up to play all the time.

He's part of a cheating culture in NE so I'm not surprised.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Exactly how are the Pats "loaded" on defense. When I hear that terminology used, I think of the Broncos defense or the old Ravens defense.
I'm sorry, I just don't see it.

Exactly how are the Pats "loaded" on defense. When I hear that terminology used, I think of the Broncos defense or the old Ravens defense.
I'm sorry, I just don't see it.

First and foremost, they are extremely well coached and fundamentally sound with a classic bend but don't break mentality. The Patriots essentially utilize one true DT and have a slew of hybrid defenders from pass rushers that can drop into coverage, linebackers with safety-type skills, and safeties who have corner-like skills. This allows them to present proper match-ups when opposing offenses are in a HUNH mode and they cannot substitute. The versatility they possess is what sets them apart along with excellent depth. No reason to apologize, but you'll see it all up close and personal with the unfortunate circumstance that they are division [STRIKE]rivals[/STRIKE] foes.

First and foremost, they are extremely well coached and fundamentally sound with a classic bend but don't break mentality. The Patriots essentially utilize one true DT and have a slew of hybrid defenders from pass rushers that can drop into coverage, linebackers with safety-type skills, and safeties who have corner-like skills. This allows them to present proper match-ups when opposing offenses are in a HUNH mode and they cannot substitute. The versatility they possess is what sets them apart along with excellent depth. No reason to apologize, but you'll see it all up close and personal with the unfortunate circumstance that they are division [STRIKE]rivals[/STRIKE] foes.

That's not the definition of "loaded". Considerable hyperbole on your part. You could use a good dictionary

That's not the definition of "loaded". Considerable hyperbole on your part. You could use a good dictionary

Goodness me, I must have misplaced my Merryman-Jlfinster dictionary.

But wait, lookie here:

The Patriots look like relatively the same team that reached the AFC Championship a season ago, only with a healthy cast on offense and a defense that’s loaded in the secondary.

. . .

Jamie Collins - The stud linebacker can do it all, from rushing the passer to covering tight ends to stopping the run. He’s a legitimate Defensive Player of the Year candidate, and if he can stay healthy, the Patriots defense will be one of the best in the NFL.

Full article: Fox Sports - New England Patriots 2016 Season Preview

:ponder: THat can't be right? Can it? Well, at least it's only the secondary and a LB that can boast such things.

Hold on, what is this? They've also acquired the talented and explosive Barkevious Mingo to go along the front 7 with Sheard, Long, etc.

That's not fair, it's almost as though . . .

the Patriots are loaded at the position with Jabaal Sheard, Chris Long, Rob Ninkovich, Trey Flowers, Shea McClellin, Geneo Grissom and now Mingo.

The Patriots shook up their defensive end depth a little bit this past week by acquiring Barkevious Mingo from the Cleveland Browns. There’s no shortage of edge rushers in New England.

Full article: Patriots Load Up On Edge Rushers

No matters. Nothing to see here. I'm now off to find that damned dictionary.

I agree with jlfin. "Loaded" means having a lot of good/great talent not having mostly JAGs who are well coached. Patriots' Ds in the past were often "loaded", but this year's edition, not so much, especially when busts like Mingo and Rowe are taking up roster spots.

I agree with jlfin. "Loaded" means having a lot of good/great talent not having mostly JAGs who are well coached. Patriots' Ds in the past were often "loaded", but this year's edition, not so much, especially when busts like Mingo and Rowe are taking up roster spots.

A coaches job is to extract the potential from his players. Talent means jack **** if there is a lack of coaching to extract a players utmost capabilities and effort. The only reason you can claim that past Patriot defenses were loaded is because Belichick did just that. Otherwise those players simply look like JAG underneath the tutelage of other incapable coaches. We both know that damn well because of the sub par coaching of Philbin and Ryan with excellent examples being Dion Jordan and Mario Williams. We'll revisit this thread and I'm hard pressed to think people will be claiming that Mingo is a bust, instead he will excel because BB has the ability to coax the best from players.

A coaches job is to extract the potential from his players. Talent means jack **** if there is a lack of coaching to extract a players utmost capabilities and effort. The only reason you can claim that past Patriot defenses were loaded is because Belichick did just that. Otherwise those players simply look like JAG underneath the tutelage of other incapable coaches. We both know that damn well because of the sub par coaching of Philbin and Ryan with excellent examples being Dion Jordan and Mario Williams. We'll revisit this thread and I'm hard pressed to think people will be claiming that Mingo is a bust, instead he will excel because BB has the ability to coax the best from players.

Are you really as ignorant as you seem or is it just stubbornness? You claimed that NE's defense is "loaded", which to 99.9% of fans means, "has a lot of good/great players". When you were questioned about it, you started prattling on about coaching ... and posted 2 articles that don't prove that "NE's defense is loaded" at all. The first one mentioned two Pro Bowlers on defense but ignored the loss of Pro Bowler Chandler Jones and his double digit sacks. It didn't mention any other defensive players. The second one was about NE collecting OLB/DE tweeners. It didn't say any of them were all that great, although it noted three were injured. Adding a player who has been a disappointment to any group of players doesn't mean the group is improved; it just means there's now another body in the group.

Coaching is independent of player talent. Good coaching can improve the effectiveness of any player, whether he's the GOAT at his position or a JAG, and poor coaching can diminish the effectiveness of any player. What coaching can't do is create talent where it doesn't exist, and it's a high level of talent that seems to be diminishing from NE as they replace high quality players like Pro Bowler Chandler Jones with busts like Barkevious Mingo. You're just stubbornly clinging to your belief that coaching can turn Mingo into Jones. Good luck with that.

Damn, that Patriots defense is loaded.

Just like last year, I would bet that Buffalo scores under their season average (23.6) vs Pats (22.5) yet again. Doubt the Jills even average 20 p/g.

I would also gander that NE's defense is better than last years, despite the loss of Jones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom