No Confidence In Minor and Morris???? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No Confidence In Minor and Morris????

DolfanISS

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
I keep hearing that the players and coaching staff have complete confidence in Travis Minor. If this is true why does it seem like the Dolphins are desperately calling around the NFL to trade for another RB?? Who is this guy Fargas that they have supposedly contacted the Raiders about?? I like the idea of just going with Minor and Morris as a 1, 2 punch of a battering ram and a scatback more than I like the idea of trading away OGUN and a #1 for an RB. We should use the money that is being freed up by Ricky "the Quitter" Williams and sign OGUN and all of our rookies to get everyone into camp by June 30th. I really think that is the most important thing right now seeing that this team is going to have to depend on a stout defense and revamped O-LINE in which they are hoping rookie Vernan Carey has a big impact on. If we can get the AFC SACK leader in here right away we can assure that he will be in shape and ready to go from week 1. Look there are way to many good RB's that will be available next off season including one, Edge, that has already made it clear that he wants to play in Miami. Not to mention let's say this offensive line we are fielding doesn't pan out right away or if Feeley doesn't?? It would be nice to have the luxury of being able to draft another OL or QB next year. So please Rick and Dave we have a very young offense and although are defense is getting older (28.8 years old is the average age of our starters but remember Seau's 35 really brought up the average as their are only 4 players over 30) their are still plenty of players on that unit who have some years left in them so don't mortgage the future for the 2004 season.

Maybe its panic or maybe its just getting a fast and accurate read on what's available if the opening days of camp look like a train wreck.

travis is good no doubt but i see him getting stuffed at the line on third and 1 just like before ricky got here.i think we should go after davenport from greenbay this guy can run over people 6-1 250 the man is a human bulldozer i watched him with the canes i really like this guy.

TRUDOLFAN54 said:
travis is good no doubt but i see him getting stuffed at the line on third and 1 just like before ricky got here.i think we should go after davenport from greenbay this guy can run over people 6-1 250 the man is a human bulldozer i watched him with the canes i really like this guy.
Agreed, but u cant give up more then a 3rd for this guy...and i dont kno how crazy the Pack would be about tht.

In Travis I Trust.

I have more faith in Travis than in Ricky. You never know what that loon Ricky is thinking and he may just decide to leave again sometime so I hope he signs those damn retirement papers!!!

I like Minor and think he will do a solid job. I don't know if he will break alot of monster runs, but I think he will be more consistent than Ricky was last year (3 yards a pop?!). However, I've never really seen or read anyhting on Morris that has imrpessed me much. I would rather see Leonard Henry or bring in Robert Edwards for one year.

I live in SoCal and as a result I saw a fair amount of Fargas last year. He's fast - with quick cuts - and has no fear. I think he can be good - maybe even real good. But not necessarily for the type of power running we've been practicing for all off-season. Really, I don't think he's all that different from Travis Minor - except that Fargas seems to have no problem lowering the shoulder against guys 50 lbs bigger. As a result, he will run it up the gut like Ricky, but he doesn't have the same power to just run over guys.

i would say just give minor the chance. But let him know going into the season that he is they guy.

3rd and 1 did someone say..Minor would get stuff. We have 2 Fullbacks, one use to be a RB in College. We're covered on 3rd and 1. If we add, add Edwards, but please let Henry have a chance with Minor..I think we have the talent, but they've been in the background because of Williams...now it's time to let them fly..If they were depth, then use your depth.

regarding Sammy Morris, see this email blast from footballinjuries.com

The Battle: Sammy Morris vs. Travis Minor for the team’s starting RB job

The Winner: Morris was brought in to play FB and back up starter Rob Konrad at that position. However, with starting RB Ricky Williams announcing his retirement, Morris is expected to expand his role to playing RB this season. Morris started eight games at RB in his rookie year and put up very good numbers (six total TDs, 37 catches) in the pass and run game, so he’s capable of challenging Minor for the starting job. Minor is the speedier of the two but he doesn't have the bulk that Morris has. The Dolphins run a power rushing attack so this will help Morris get on the field more. Minor will enter camp as the starter and he should get more touches because of his experience in their offense. However, Morris could see short-yardage and goal-line carries. He could also see time on third downs because he's an excellent receiver out of the backfield. The bottom line is Minor's hold on the starting job at this point isn't as stable as many fantasy owners think.

Well all along I believe that rick has been trying to upgrade areas in need. Now that Ricky has retired we will need to sign someone to take his place even if they are not 1st team caliber.

Back
Top Bottom