No extra 6th round pick from the Colts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No extra 6th round pick from the Colts

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.indystar.com/article/201...igson-has-no-regrets-bringing-CB-Vontae-Davis

To land Davis, Grigson sent the Dolphins a 2013 second-round draft pick along with a conditional sixth-rounder. The Colts regain the latter because Davis won't meet the play-time conditions.

So we won't be getting the extra 6th round pick because overall for the Colts Davis was a disappointment and couldn't stay healthy.

Miami still has 9 total draft picks at this moment, but expect that to grow with a compensatory pick(s).

Crap. Oh well. I thought the conditions would be based on draft order. Vontae is such a failure.

Hey, at least now we know why Ireland was so supportive of Vontae and really willing him to do well in Indy. LOL.

So ireland gets roasted now for trading a player who cant stay healthy and see the field????

Too bad we dont keep and throw a bunch of guys out there who are hurt and dont play.... i'll bet wed be real competitive....smh

Well, he drafted him in the first place while passing on better players....used a 1st round pick on him and got a 2nd in return. Now you guys want to defend that too?.....gave up a couple of 2's for Marshall and got a couple of 3's.....you guys want to defend that? The guy has no clue. Why is that so hard to see for 10% of the people on this board?. The other 90% of us can see it and so can the rest of the NFL.

Ozzy rules!!

If Davis would have played two games this year and retired, Ireland would get roasted by some because Davis didn't get to retire as a Dolphin. Miami traded a good, but inconsistent and injury-plagued player, for a second-round draft pick. I likes it!

Davis not on the team but still having a negative impact - great!

Danny, you might be correct with the facts but at least Ireland has been able to salvage something rather than getting nothing in return. Time to focus your energy on believing on the way forward. We're due some quality picks to make some real success in 2013.

The Ireland hate is getting REAAAAAAAAL OLD!

we keep Jake Long who is injured - "Ireland is an idiot!"
Marshall gets injured - "Ireland is an idiot"
We trade away VD for a 2nd round pick who gets injured for the colts - "Ireland is an idiot"

I swear I hear less bitching and moaning in a pre-school class.

What rubs me raw about this is that Davis did come back this season and has been making plays, and WILL make plays in the playoffs. The guy is a top-echelon cover corner and, when healthy, can take out a WR for almost a whole game. Davis was and is significantly better than Sean Smith and when the ball is in the air, Vontae could actually locate it. I got mad that he was in poor condition but probably had motivation issues playing for that clown Sparano on a team going nowhere. Had we kept him he probably would've gotten back to top form by the 4th week and we probably win that game against Arizona and maybe some against Indy too (when Smith made one of the worst CB plays ever).

Back
Top Bottom