No extra 6th round pick from the Colts | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No extra 6th round pick from the Colts

Davis not on the team but still having a negative impact - great!

Danny, you might be correct with the facts but at least Ireland has been able to salvage something rather than getting nothing in return. Time to focus your energy on believing on the way forward. We're due some quality picks to make some real success in 2013.

Ok, that's a fair response and yes, he did get something in return. I just wish he had not drafted him to begin with. The guy was trouble off the field just like his brother. As far as we're due to get some picks right, well, we have not drafted well in years. Not just Ireland but even before Ireland. We have not have a great draft since JJ's first year as HC.

Ozzy rules!!

For what? What high priced FAs did we lose??

I think cpmpensatory picks are based on FA we lose signed by other teams based on where we drafted them vs the FA we pick up, it's a formula not many know for sure but have a general idea of...

We lost Henne - 2nd rounder and k. Langford - 3rd rounder...

Davis not on the team but still having a negative impact - great!

Danny, you might be correct with the facts but at least Ireland has been able to salvage something rather than getting nothing in return. Time to focus your energy on believing on the way forward. We're due some quality picks to make some real success in 2013.

Sounds like Obamas campaign

Well, he drafted him in the first place while passing on better players....used a 1st round pick on him and got a 2nd in return. Now you guys want to defend that too?.....gave up a couple of 2's for Marshall and got a couple of 3's.....you guys want to defend that? The guy has no clue. Why is that so hard to see for 10% of the people on this board?. The other 90% of us can see it and so can the rest of the NFL.

Ozzy rules!!

Gotta say I'd feel much more comfortable being part of the 10% than the 90, particularly when we're talking about nfl fans.

I'm sure there's a whole lotta blame that can be assigned to the player that didn't live up the his potential, the coaches that couldn't coax it out of him, and the GM who failed on his psychoanalysis. But there's no denying the kid had talent and if things had gone the right way could be one of the best in the league.....and may still become one of the best.

I don't see how anyone can criticize the Indy trade. To get a 2nd rounder for a guy that wasn't going to be re-signed and spent the majority of his time in street clothes.....what more could you ask for?

Ok, that's a fair response and yes, he did get something in return. I just wish he had not drafted him to begin with. The guy was trouble off the field just like his brother. As far as we're due to get some picks right, well, we have not drafted well in years. Not just Ireland but even before Ireland. We have not have a great draft since JJ's first year as HC.

Ozzy rules!!

Not being a Homer but last years drafted looks like it yeilded us a Franchise QB and starting LT, along with a decent RB and pass rushing DE from the U...

I think cpmpensatory picks are based on FA we lose signed by other teams based on where we drafted them vs the FA we pick up, it's a formula not many know for sure but have a general idea of...

We lost Henne - 2nd rounder and k. Langford - 3rd rounder...

Performance and contract......dunno if either got paid enough or did enough on the field to merit consideration of a higher pick. My guess would be one 5th, one 6th.

What rubs me raw about this is that Davis did come back this season and has been making plays, and WILL make plays in the playoffs. The guy is a top-echelon cover corner and, when healthy, can take out a WR for almost a whole game. Davis was and is significantly better than Sean Smith and when the ball is in the air, Vontae could actually locate it. I got mad that he was in poor condition but probably had motivation issues playing for that clown Sparano on a team going nowhere. Had we kept him he probably would've gotten back to top form by the 4th week and we probably win that game against Arizona and maybe some against Indy too (when Smith made one of the worst CB plays ever).
When Vontae is focused and playing the best of his ability, he can be a top corner. He just doesn't do that every day

So ireland gets roasted now for trading a player who cant stay healthy and see the field????

Too bad we dont keep and throw a bunch of guys out there who are hurt and dont play.... i'll bet wed be real competitive....smh
Maybe the shouldnt have spent a first round pick pick om him to begin with.

i liked vontae, i always thought he was pretty good when he was sober and healthy. physical corner i liked that, but you cant knock the trade overall, yes we get a low 2nd for a first round pick. im not taking the effort to look up every draft in miami history cause i want to retire to couch, but im sure we have quite a few missed 1st round picks in our entire generation as a team that we've gotten a heckuva lot less for than a 2nd round pick. if we got a 2nd round pick for every 1st rounder than pan out for us our gms over the last 40+ years would look like geniuses. like i said, i liked vontae, obviously the coaches didnt see him as a fit for this program and we got something out of him. it sounded like we had to work for the 2nd so be happy. not praising ireland, but we got at least something out of him, compared to what, allowing him to walk this offseason and getting nothing from him other than maybe 13 games. think we would've been an RFA this offseason and considering we didnt want him i wouldnt forsee us retaining him

Back
Top Bottom