No home field advantage because of schedule | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No home field advantage because of schedule

67Stang

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Playing in September can be brutal in Miami for teams that are not use to the heat and humidity combo. This can be a big advantage for the Phins who often wear their away colors at home during this time to put the opponents in their darker colors. However this advantage this year is nonexistent because of the schedule. We play the Bucs who are use to the same heat, then at Chargers and Jets, then in the UK for the Saints. What is also BS to me (thanks NFL) is during that stretch we fly all the way to the West coast for the Chargers, then back all the way to the East coast for the Jets, then across the pond for the Saints. Who ever comes up with the schedule obviously is not a Phin fan!

Playing in September can be brutal in Miami for teams that are not use to the heat and humidity combo. This can be a big advantage for the Phins who often wear their away colors at home during this time to put the opponents in their darker colors. However this advantage this year is nonexistent because of the schedule. We play the Bucs who are use to the same heat, then at Chargers and Jets, then in the UK for the Saints. What is also BS to me (thanks NFL) is during that stretch we fly all the way to the West coast for the Chargers, then back all the way to the East coast for the Jets, then across the pond for the Saints. Who ever comes up with the schedule obviously is not a Phin fan!
Agreed.

I railed against this when the schedule was released. The one home hot game we get in the first month is Tampa friggin' Bay?!?!??!?!?! They're the 2nd most southern team in the league! They are accustomed to the Florida humidity.

Then we play at New England, Pittsburgh, Buffalo and the Jets in months where it may snow. Yeah, that's fair.

Not to mention we have far more cross-country or trans-Atlantic flights than anyone else. And we have a "home game" in London. The schedule makers royally screwed us.

Hopefully next year we will start off with all three division opponents visiting Miami in the first month of the season so we can get a real home field advantage for a change.

The shame of these London "home" games is it screws the ticket holders who, unless they feel like shelling out the thousands required to go / take family to the U.K., miss out on a game. Why do we always play as the "home" team there? Roger Goodell is a douche.

The shame of these London "home" games is it screws the ticket holders who, unless they feel like shelling out the thousands required to go / take family to the U.K., miss out on a game. Why do we always play as the "home" team there? Roger Goodell is a douche.

Ross wanted that super bowl bid ... which he got. Pay to play and all that.

The dolphins being screwed by the schedule is neither new nor by accident ... just like the pats getting a mickey mouse path to the big dance year in and year out.

I put a lot of this on Ross as well. I appreciate what he has done in many cases.....but don't put the brand over the team!

Call your state representative and voice your complaint.

Seriously though, on the flip side we only have two games that have potential of freezing temps, so it kind of evens out a bit.

Agreed.

I railed against this when the schedule was released. The one home hot game we get in the first month is Tampa friggin' Bay?!?!??!?!?! They're the 2nd most southern team in the league! They are accustomed to the Florida humidity.

Then we play at New England, Pittsburgh, Buffalo and the Jets in months where it may snow. Yeah, that's fair.

Not to mention we have far more cross-country or trans-Atlantic flights than anyone else. And we have a "home game" in London. The schedule makers royally screwed us.

Hopefully next year we will start off with all three division opponents visiting Miami in the first month of the season so we can get a real home field advantage for a change.

Miami doesn't play Pittsburgh this year. They play in NE on Thanksgiving weekend so I doubt it snows. They're at Buffalo in December so that's a valid concern. They play the Jets in Week 3 (9/24) so the weather won't be cold enough to snow.

I think considering the qb situation Miami was done a solid by that opening 4 game schedule

That may end up helping the team but had the injury occurred before scheduling, I'm fairly certain it would not have worked out that way for us. Kraft runs this show.

Agreed.

The Saints also go to LA to play the Rams so they're in the same boat as Miami (though they do play LA later in the season than Miami does).

I mean The upgraded stadium now provides a noise level that we have not seen since the Orange Bowl AND the roof was designed to where our team bench is in the shade while the opposing team's bench is in the sun.

I think saying we have no homefield advantage is a bit flawed. It will still be hot as hell in October and November while teams have adjusted to colder climates. The fact that we can actually make a difference with the 12th man is a huge boost.

Let's just face facts. Every team whines about their schedule. West Coast teams don't want to play 1:00 games on the East Coast because it feels like 10:00 AM. East Coast teams want to schedule West Coast teams back to back so they can stay out there and acclimate. NO ONE wants to play in London.

If we're really going to complain, we should talk about realignment. Look at the Bucs, their northernmost game is in Charlotte. Look at the Jags, their northernmost game is Indianapolis, and that's in a dome. Miami is the big outlier. Our 3 division opponents are all in cold weather cities. I love the rivalries of the AFC East, but we really get screwed once October comes around.

Back
Top Bottom