No more safe play calls for Wanny | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No more safe play calls for Wanny

ltfinfan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
hopefully now that Ricky is gone maybe the offense will be more inventive. I still wish we had Ricky but now maybe other players will get there chance to shine. Wanny will have to take more chances instead of going the safe route of always giving it to Ricky.

I really think that this was the biggest reason Ricky quit. Hopefully Wanny will adjust but, you never know whats going on his mind.

u would think so...but Wanny is one of the hardest coaches to get him to change a gameplan. Wether its in the mid of a game, or durring the week wen ur preping for the next game, Wanny always likes to stick with what hes used to....ALWAYS!

u would think so...but Wanny is one of the hardest coaches to get him to change a gameplan. Wether its in the mid of a game, or durring the week wen ur preping for the next game, Wanny always likes to stick with what hes used to....ALWAYS!
Definition of insanity = Fredo

"Doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results!"

:goof:

Well, it's Wanny and a new OC we're talking about... So of course there will still be safe play calling, but hopefully not nearly as predictible and hopefully not all the time like in the past.

Dave's current future as a NFL head coach depends on what he does this year. If the Fish flame out and fail to make the playoffs again, I don't think anyone else will hire Dave as a head coach. A man who is so passionate about football will not be involved in football next year. He has to open it up and be more balanced on offense. That being said, Do you really want Fiedler throwing the ball 40 times a game? Dave has dug himself into a hole and I hope for our sakes as fans of the Dolphins (the team, not just one player) he will respond will great coaching. One more thing, I think Dave gets too much blame when it should be shared with the OC.

ltfinfan said:
hopefully now that Ricky is gone maybe the offense will be more inventive. I still wish we had Ricky but now maybe other players will get there chance to shine. Wanny will have to take more chances instead of going the safe route of always giving it to Ricky.

I don't know why anyone thinks this will change Wanny's philosophy as a coach. It won't IMO.

Wanny used the same style when we had an average back in Lamar Smith.
So it's not like he just changed styles when Ricky came along. I would hope he tweeks his style a little bit as well but based on his past I would'nt count on it.

Trekbiz said:
I don't know why anyone thinks this will change Wanny's philosophy as a coach. It won't IMO.

Wanny used the same style when we had an average back in Lamar Smith.
So it's not like he just changed styles when Ricky came along. I would hope he tweeks his style a little bit as well but based on his past I would'nt count on it.

yeah i know thats why i said hope

Back
Top Bottom