´No Name Defense´coming back ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

´No Name Defense´coming back ?

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
The Miami Dolphins have been regarded as a throwback bunch in recent years due to their ability to bludgeon opponents behind an old-school offense that is reminiscent of their glory days of the 1970s.

Given the outstanding success that the offense has enjoyed under the back-to-the-future format, it is not surprising that Mike Nolan is quietly putting together a defense that is poised to evoke memories of the "No Name Defense" of that era.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d818a68f8&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

How can you sign the highest paid lb ever, 1st and 2nd round picks all over, and probowlers and call them a no name defense lol.

If the defense can be better than last year (which I know it will) I'll be happy.

One thing I know for sure, the defense can't be any worse than last year. Everytime the opposing QB was throwing the ball, I was expecting a completion or TD.

How can you sign the highest paid lb ever, 1st and 2nd round picks all over, and probowlers and call them a no name defense lol.

Well, think about it. A lot of our solid to very good players aren't well known. Bell, Ferguson/Starks, Langford, and I'm even going to say Dansby. He's known, but usually underrated.

NOW, you're just confusing me???

No Name Defense???
OR
Name No Defense???

One thing I know for sure, the defense can't be any worse than last year. Everytime the opposing QB was throwing the ball, I was expecting a completion or TD.

The defense last year was pretty bad at times. Also, the pass defense will be facing many good quarterbacks during the season.

Money can't buy you love!! ~ Beatles

Or Draft Picks either!! ... Gotta strap on their jocks & earn it!!
(Otherwise you're the NY Junks)

I know it's not the main point of the article, but I don't find the Dolphins offense reminsicent of the glory days of the 70's. We did run over a few teams with the WC, but that is fading. No Larry Csonka on this team (or any team).

Back
Top Bottom