No pass rush, poor secondary play and poor pass blocking | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

No pass rush, poor secondary play and poor pass blocking

I don't understand why we didn't throw the occasional blitz against Luck. I know he can scramble well and you want to contain him, but damn. We just could not get there with sending 3 or 4 guys. I remember the one corner (or safety?) blitz that hurried Luck and another where we deflected the pass .... a few more plays like that could have changed things.

Simple and spot on. That's where we lost. I think the team didn't come in we'll prepared so add coaching to the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every time we blitzed luck he avoided pressure and made the throws..I wish we would have blitzed a bit more as well...Our Db's were not finding the ball in the air which is pretty much a common theme for our dbs the last few years..We respected their speed a bit too much IMO, those 3rd and longs should have never been converted...

The best thing about the zone scheme IMO is the play action effect, but we def were not able to protect Tanny.

Overall it was a tough day and we had a chance at the end..I feel the refs may have influenced the outcome on this one.

Back
Top Bottom