Nobody got the message

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by royalshank, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Sean

Sean Just Win, Baby

Both haha

2. Despacio

Despacio Pro Bowler

That was a different offense out there. take away the holding penalties and they would have put up 30. I'm optimistic going forward.

Ray R likes this.
  3. finmann

finmann Pro Bowler

Agreed, he should have been ejected immediately.

Ray R likes this.
  4. royalshank

royalshank Practice Squad All-Pro Finheaven VIP Donator

This is why I got so frustrated last night. The offense looked terrific - except the penalties kept putting them in holes. Nothing more infuriating than watching your team beat itself.

Ray R and TannDaMan17 like this.
  5. TannDaMan17

TannDaMan17 Well-Known Member

Yep, it was one of those games where you looked for flags on every positive play we had, because there usually was one. We got screwed by the officials, but what else is new. This D giving up 1st and 30 though and watching Reshad get beat on that deep pass hurt even more. The D was the 1 thing I felt we could hang our hat on this season, now I'm starting to realize it's just Suh. He is the only truly elite talent on this team with Wake losing a step, I only wish Suh was younger. He is keeping our team a float just like last year, special player.

6. royalshank

And the Raiders kinda tried to lose in a way. I mean, they didn't outplay us. And throwing deep w an 11 point lead at the 2 minute warning was so arrogant. If I'm a Raiders fan I'm saying WTF right now. Shame we couldn't cash in on the great strip sack by Suh or the successful sneak onsides kick.

7. TannDaMan17

TannDaMan17 Well-Known Member

Not at all, but the fumble and all the penalties were too much to overcome, especially that hold on Landry. Extremely frustrating game and season so far, looking forward to getting McDonald and possibly Larsen next week though, our season is on the line.

Ray R likes this.
  8. LANGER72

LANGER72 A True Fan

The careless fumble in the 2nd quarter when the Fins were driving killed the momentum.
    The Raiders then took the ball, overcame 3rd and longs and extended the lead before halftime.
    The bottom line is that without Ajayi this team lacked a reliable running game.
    Willaims looks like a water bug trying to find north south and Drake is soft, not the tough runner we want as an identity.
    Gase making moves detrimental to the long term of this team didnt accomplish anything. His my way or the highway BS is just greasing his feet for an exit.
    The players cannot all be bad...it is the coaches if you want ny .02

9. jmcconnell5

jmcconnell5 Rookie

The team scored 24 points. The offense was alive. No, it wasn't perfect and we didn't win. But we scored! Cutler had a good game. I think the team got the message. It's progress.

Ray R likes this.
  10. andyahs

andyahs Bahamian Redneck Finheaven VIP Donator

Just because we lost doesn't mean the message wasn't received.

FinaticalFinfan and Ray R like this.
  11. mwestberry

mwestberry Well-Known Member

Yeah the penalties sucked....like after the Drake fumble (pretty sure it was this drive) the Raiders recover...they get flagged BACK to Back!!!...it's 1st and 25.....what happens????...you guessed it that TEAM overcame the PENALTIES for ...a first down?...YES but not only that they scored on the drive...Those damn penalties...lmao...this team is bad...penalties or not...please for the sake of fans everywhere stop justifying the "we almost won" and the "we are 4&4 and still in the thick of it"......wow I don't care what our record is at this point because the team is poorly prepared and not executing the plays...blame whoever you want...whatever makes you feel better...but this team isn't good

ForksPhin and Ray R like this.
  12. Finland

Finland Pro Bowler

Like changes fix things in a week. Football Teams must be easy to run, my mistake.

andyahs and Ray R like this.
  13. andyahs

andyahs Bahamian Redneck Finheaven VIP Donator

He sure did. He is. His way or move on.

Ray R likes this.
  14. fansinceGWilson

fansinceGWilson FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

You are what the record says you are

Ray R likes this.
  15. Highzenga

Highzenga Well-Known Member

I think we split with NE & Buffalo. TB looks like a win and Carolina/Denver certainly don’t scare me. Those are all winnable games. Will see how it shakes out.

16. GEORGIA FIN

GEORGIA FIN FIN FOR LIFE

Pretty obvious they don't care about the message, just the paycheck.

17. royalshank

On the last point - do you think the o-line is taking all these penalties because they are being dummies or being forced into them because they are getting physically beaten in their match ups?

18. Digital

Digital Starter

Some of those penalties were very weak calls honestly. The refs went flag-happy against us. But yeah, we made a ton of mistakes too. We've played 5 close games, won all of them with Ajayi, and we're now 0-1 in them without Ajayi.

19. mwestberry

mwestberry Well-Known Member

maybe to those looking at stats...the record to me says this team is full of under achievers...based on the supposed talent on offense...my eyes see the record and the play on the field...this record is better than the play on the field and therefore....unsustainable...but that's just me my friend...believe what makes you happy

20. fansinceGWilson

fansinceGWilson FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I should have flagged that as sarcasm. I believe the 'losses side. The 'win' side Not so much

21. dahlmarino

dahlmarino Hating The Jets With A Passion Since '84

Agreed. We've got to cut ties with him this offseason. Gase's first draft was offense heavy, second was defense heavy. Expecting offense heavy again with emphasis on the line unless we believe in the development of the late rounders and UDFA's we've got riding the bench or getting plugged in this year.

22. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

Lol the trade really sent a message to the team alright...they’ve quit

23. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

or stay and lose badly

24. joenhre

joenhre Starter Donator

I think they got the message. The problem is these guys don't care. Most of the players on this team don't really care about winning, They just collect their large paychecks and enjoy the fun times on South Beach or wherever else they want. They have no respect for Gase and the coaching staff , no respect for Tannenbaum/Grier and no respect for the fans. They get paid whether they win or lose. Some will be gone next season and will move on to other teams while others the team is stuck with because the idiot GM gave them guaranteed contracts to the point where the team can't afford to cut them. This team needs more guys that actually care about winning, players who actually hate losing and who respect the coaches. We need guys who want to make the fans proud. I don't think that is going to happen until we have competent people running the team.