Non Dolphin news: Pats trade Collins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Non Dolphin news: Pats trade Collins

gregorygrant83

Active Roster
Reaction score
Patriots just traded Jamie Collins to the Browns for a third round pick. I know it's not Miami news but wondering what fans here would think if Miami traded a young pro bowl line backer for a third round pick? Seems worst than the Vontae Davis trade to me. Miami got a second round pick and at the time Davis wasn't a pro bowl player.

Browns have tons of cap room, so it makes sense for them. We're in a completely different situation.

Very surprising move though. I'd have thought the Pats wouldn't want to compromise their Superbowl chances this year, but evidently not. They must think their window is still open for several years...

Patriots just traded Jamie Collins to the Browns for a third round pick. I know it's not Miami news but wondering what fans here would think if Miami traded a young pro bowl line backer for a third round pick? Seems worst than the Vontae Davis trade to me. Miami got a second round pick and at the time Davis wasn't a pro bowl player.

I wouldn't give a flying **** who the player was if Miami had a HC/GM whom dominated the NFL since the turn of the century.

They were having impossible contract negotiations. Collins wanted Von Miller money and the Patsies said "**** you, enjoy Cleveland". We should all be thankful he isn't in the division any longer, outside of this year he was one of the best LBs in the league.

if Miami traded kiko to play mike hull the pitch forks out wouldn't be enough

we'd want heads on stakes after watching that for a few games

Great trade for Cleveland (assuming they sign him to an extension). Doesn't really make any sense from the Pats stand point. They would have gotten a third round comp pick anyway if they let him go in free agency.

I'm thinking something may come out, of why he's traded.. Just doesn't seem right

Great trade for Cleveland (assuming they sign him to an extension). Doesn't really make any sense from the Pats stand point. They would have gotten a third round comp pick anyway if they let him go in free agency.

Seeing that they would have lost him during the 2017 off season the compensatory pick would be until 2018. So the trade gets them the pick a year early and the compensatory pick would have been at the end of the round, while the Browns pick should be much earlier.

Collins wanted crazy money so unlike us with our free agents, Belichick got some compensation for him
We could have done the same with Vernon and Miller

Collins wanted crazy money so unlike us with our free agents, Belichick got some compensation for him
We could have done the same with Vernon and Miller

Miami will get compensatory picks in the 2017 draft for Miller and Vernon. Although they've already traded one of the picks in the Carroo deal.

So the Patriots get Mingo and third round pick for Collins and a sixth. Sure sounds like the Browns get the better deal. But I can see Collins not re-signing with the Browns. In fact I could see him leaving and returning to the Patriots. So the Patriots would get Collins, Mingo and a third round pick for a sixth. That sound more like a Browns deal.

Damn....shocker. The Pats don't do these things without good reason though. Head scratchers like this tend to work out for them in the end.

Very odd. First they trade Chandler Jones, now Collins. That's a whole lot of athleticism at LB they traded away. Weird.

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

I'm thinking something may come out, of why he's traded.. Just doesn't seem right
I bet we are going to learn that it was Collins who through the dildo on the field.

So the Patriots get Mingo and third round pick for Collins and a sixth. Sure sounds like the Browns get the better deal. But I can see Collins not re-signing with the Browns. In fact I could see him leaving and returning to the Patriots. So the Patriots would get Collins, Mingo and a third round pick for a sixth. That sound more like a Browns deal.

Bill being Bill and the Browns being the Browns.

The Browns spend a 3rd round pick for a 9 week rental, no guarantee he signs with them in the offseason. This is why bad teams continue to suck.

Bill on the other hand, gets a nice 3rd round pick and could even still resign Collins in the offseason (at a discount rate) after he gets a taste of failure.

Why does everyone just bend over for this guy every chance they get? Its pathetic.

Back
Top Bottom