Non First Round Running Back, Who Do You Want? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Non First Round Running Back, Who Do You Want?

twix2500

Active Roster
Reaction score
Somewhere along the line in this draft the Dolphins will take a runningback. We all talked about the possibility of Ezeke Elliot in the first, if available. But a good possibility he will not be available, and he is the only back worthy that high of selection. So who outside the first round are the running backs you looking to get?

Here are my targets

12439401_10153944045282534_3309782793027169842_n.jpg

Love everything i keep reading about Marshall, how he has constantly put in work to get himself to his pre-injury form.

Marshall sat on his 4.31-second time in the 40-yard dash from the NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis last month but wanted to show teams that his agility is right where it should be on the "5-10-5" shuttle and "L drills."

"I talked to coaches, and they said that I did well today," Marshall said.

Better late than never for Marshall, who credits weight loss over the last three months for his sudden rise up draft boards.

"I was healthy six months ago, but I got too big during the season," he said. "I thought I was eating healthy, but I wasn't. I dropped down a lot of weight and body fat.

"I was up to 230, but 218 today. It wasn't too big of a problem, but 230 was too big for me."

Marshall is finally wowing the football world in a way that many expected him to as a true freshman for the Bulldogs in 2012. The potential has always been there, and he showed it again on Wednesday.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/BarrettSallee/status/710133452901847041[/TWEET]

Kenyan Drake, Jordan Howard and Alex Collins

I'd look middle rounds for a complement to Ajayi. I really like the upside of C.J. Prosise.

I love Prosise but he's more of a 4th round type I'd say..

But I like him and Perkins the best. Marshall is very intriguing. All I know is that I want us to add someone but not in round 1/2

Rb by committee and look to next year's class

I find C.J. Prosise to be a very intriguing prospect due to his relative inexperience at the position.

For the same reason I am very interested in Braxton Miller.

I find C.J. Prosise to be a very intriguing prospect due to his relative inexperience at the position.

For the same reason I am very interested in Braxton Miller.

Mine intrigue is in his acceleration once he gets to the linebackers level. OMG

Howard is my #1

Marshall and Williams are tied for 2. Assuming they are both fully healthy.

Perkins would probably be next.

Dixon I still cant figure out if I like or not.

I like Drake quite a but, j just don't think he fits what we need, but I think he's a very underrated player. He flashes Reggie Bush IMO, but could be a better pure running back.

Howard is my #1

Marshall and Williams are tied for 2. Assuming they are both fully healthy.

Perkins would probably be next.

Dixon I still cant figure out if I like or not.

I like Drake quite a but, j just don't think he fits what we need, but I think he's a very underrated player. He flashes Reggie Bush IMO, but could be a better pure running back.

I do like Marshall - starting in the 4th. He's easy to root for.

I do like Marshall - starting in the 4th. He's easy to root for.

I don't know where to project him tbh, but those measurements show up on his tape when he's healthy. He's being way too under talked about in this draft still IMO.

If you grab him in the 3rd or 4th, and he's completely healthy and ready to ball, you very easily mgiht end up with one if the best players in this draft.

I don't know where to project him tbh, but those measurements show up on his tape when he's healthy. He's being way too under talked about in this draft still IMO.

If you grab him in the 3rd or 4th, and he's completely healthy and ready to ball, you very easily mgiht end up with one if the best players in this draft.

Risk/reward seems reasonable in the 4th. I loved Marshall. He was recruited higher than Gurley, and while Gurley proved to be better, Marshall wasn't too far behind. After the injury, he isn't the same guy. He can still be a quality back, and I love the character and fight, but I don't see the feature RB that I did prior to the injury. There's upside in the idea that with another year, he could get back to the elite level prior to the injuries, but I'd hedge that bet. You have to worry about his health, and you have to be content with the idea that he's a complimentary RB. In the 3rd or higher, I either want a dynamic, versatile, pass-catching RB, or I want a feature RB.

Back
Top Bottom